Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Accidently Sold

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Hi, I recently sold something that later I discovered I needed. I don't know where to find an answer so I thought I'd give this a shot. Is it possible to buy back items after you sold them because I'm pretty sure my robe that I bought with crowns is missing me. If not is it possible to refund the item you sold? Please help! Thanks.

Administrator
I'm sorry young Wizard but it is your responsibility to keep track of the things you own.

Items that are sold, fed to pets or trashed are gone.

If it was a crafted item, you can recraft it, and many other items you have a chance of finding them at the Bazaar in Olde Town.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
May 17, 2010
I know it is our responsiblity when selling to be careful, but can't you "lock" at least items that are equipped. If we are wearing/using that item, we don't want to sell it. If you do want to sell it then un-equip it. I would still prefer a lock for any and all items in my backpack, like pictures in a digital camera, but even this small change would be a huge improvement. Thank you.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
tarler wrote:
I would still prefer a lock for any and all items in my backpack, like pictures in a digital camera, but even this small change would be a huge improvement. Thank you.

If you locked all the items in your backpack how could you sell the ones you didn't want? You can't sell from the bank.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
tarler wrote:
I know it is our responsiblity when selling to be careful, but can't you "lock" at least items that are equipped. If we are wearing/using that item, we don't want to sell it. If you do want to sell it then un-equip it. I would still prefer a lock for any and all items in my backpack, like pictures in a digital camera, but even this small change would be a huge improvement. Thank you.

If you are selling at the bazaar, it is definitely your own fault if you sell something you didnt want to sell. I always wave my mouse over the item to see exactly what it is i'm about to sell, then i click the sell option and it does ask you to confirm that you want to sell the item, so it is giving you a second chance to change your mind there. If you are selling stuff at regular vendors you really need to be careful in what you are clicking to sell because they dont ask you if you are sure you want to sell it, one click and its gone to the regular vendors. And feeding pets items from the backpack is just stupid and useless, as is the 'trash' button, really, what kinda person would trash an item directly from their backpack when you can sell it somewhere if you dont want it. The trash button is a huge waste and mistake, and I hate the feed your pet equipment option. Let us feed our pet the treasure cards we dont want (yes i know you can sell these too but some arent worth running to the bazaaar to sell but they do take up space) or snacks directly from our backpacks.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Well, I agree that there should be some form of locking mechanism you can turn on and off for different items in your back pack. Yes I have accidentally sold things i didn't want to. not because i was irresponsible but because of the lag. by the time my puter catches up with the lag, i find that several items have been sold including stuff im wearing.

As for the garbage can being a worthless mistake, I disagree. While I don't often use it, there are items that only can be thrown out. As an example, in mirror lake,( love mirror lake ) you recieve alot ( and I mean ALOT ) of treasure cards for poly-morphs. These cards are un-sellable, useless to me, un tradeable and I can't even give them away. at the momment i have close to 200 and it's time to dump them once again.

--Joseph GoldenCoin

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Professor Greyrose wrote:
I'm sorry young Wizard but it is your responsibility to keep track of the things you own.

Items that are sold, fed to pets or trashed are gone.

If it was a crafted item, you can recraft it, and many other items you have a chance of finding them at the Bazaar in Olde Town.

yep its your responsibility

Historian
May 01, 2010
One way to make sure you dont sell items you want, is either put the items in shared bank, bank, if no room then transfer items out of your shared bank, and put your gear in, then go on an alt that you dont sell, transfer the items from the shared bank into his/her bank, so there is no chance you will sell something important.