Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If Your Wizard Could Talk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Wouldn't it be cool if, say, your character could talk in the game? Everybody knows what all the other NPC's voice's sound like, so why not your wizard? For example, when a character gives your wizard a task, your wizard could say, if they accept, something like, "Sure! You can count on me!" or if they decline, "Sorry, I don't have the time." I thought, in when you create your character, you can choose different basic voice types for them, or something like that. And if you use menu chat, your wizard's voice could be used for the differnt phrases (probably not Text Chat, because how is the game supposed to know what you typed in?).

So, what do you guys think?

Courtney Starstone
Level 46
Master Theurgist
Savior of the Spiral

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
lol my computer has a text to voice i it but the voice sound really robotic.lol

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
Only problem is that if they is too many people doing that you won't be able to hear yourself and if they do decide to do this they will need to make all the different voices like for example they need a boy's voice a girl's voice and they will need to make even more because it have to match their player like if they had a med looking player it can't be a happy voice and if they have a nice on they can't have a mad voice so i pick sorry but the game is good enough

~Wolf Ghost Blood~ level 32 fire wizard studying life

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Johnsonhuyen101 wrote:
Only problem is that if they is too many people doing that you won't be able to hear yourself and if they do decide to do this they will need to make all the different voices like for example they need a boy's voice a girl's voice and they will need to make even more because it have to match their player like if they had a med looking player it can't be a happy voice and if they have a nice on they can't have a mad voice so i pick sorry but the game is good enough

But maybe you could have the option to turn it off

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Johnsonhuyen101 wrote:

Other players can not hear the NPC you are talking to. But I'm still a no. I just don't like it. You would need a lot of recordings for different voices and if you made this update people who haven't just made their characters would be upset that they didn't get to have the voice, and others would complain "My voice sounds different than when I made my wizard! Make a Vocal Teacher so we can change it!" or "I have a Death wizard with such an annoying voice! I want a cooler one!". Hence this would not work out. Just imagine that you can, or hook up a USB microphone and then set your sound settings so that you can hear what you are saying into the computer. Then just say it into the microphone, and listen to your characters voice.