Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Non-raven bows?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 17, 2011
I was wondering if there will any bows (other then the one in the new raven's hoard pack) anytime soon. Professors, will they be bought with crowns or gold, if there is going to be any?

Squire
Jan 21, 2010

People need to have plenty of opportunity to buy raven hoard packs. The bow has an awesome wand blast animation. The bow is a major incentive to buy the packs.

The difficulty is: Do they make the bow exclusive to the raven hoard packs? Are the raven hoard packs a permanent addition to the crown shop?
After all, the only way to get a snake charming flute is to buy that mega game card. At least I haven't seen any other kind of wind instrument being played during battle....
Why should the bow be any less exclusive?

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Considering the general positive response the bows have gotten, I would be a bit surprised if we didn't see more bows around the Spiral. It would certainly be a shame if the new art and animations were kept as a pack-exclusive.

Maybe, just perhaps, add "blank" weapons to the crown shop that we can stitch, Kingsisle, eh? eh? ;)

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
@Bookshelvings: you want weapons with specific attack animations that don't have wand blast spells?
It sounds like you would end up with a stitched wand with no animations at all...

Defender
May 17, 2011
zebulous wrote:
@Bookshelvings: you want weapons with specific attack animations that don't have wand blast spells?
It sounds like you would end up with a stitched wand with no animations at all...

no, i am just curious. but yes, i do like the animations... is there anything wrong with that? :-D

Saffron Firehunter

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I never saw the casting animation of the now, but am fairly disappointed at how the bow looks. I imagined it much longer and 'majestic.'

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
laulenak wrote:
zebulous wrote:

no, i am just curious. but yes, i do like the animations... is there anything wrong with that? :-D

Saffron Firehunter

nothing wrong. I am just having trouble picturing how that would be implemented. I guess since the wand blast spells are from the wand used for the statistics, and the animations come from the wand used for the appearance... I guess you could have a wand form with no wand blast cards. If someone wanted to equip the empty weapon they would get the animation for casting a normal spell. They wouldn't be able to see the wand blast animation until they stitched it to a real wand.

At first, I would think that such a thing would have to be cheaper than the same wand that actually had stats and wand blast cards.
On the other hand, many wand weapons are functionally similar to each other. We have swords and staffs with the same damage type that blast for the same amount of damage and provide the same extra pip or power pip. The only differences are the appearance and the casting animations. If the staff costs gold, and the sword costs crowns, people are buying the sword for just the appearance anyway. I am not sure that I want a set of empty decorative wand weapons. Indeed I would hate to have such things added to random card packs or boss drops. I prefer functional art over purely decorative.