Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Statistics Tested!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2010
I have an Epic Level Polar Cat. Since the pet's statistics are supposed to aid the Wizard in duels, I've been trying to come up with a way to test and quantify this. Strength, Agility, and Power are all supposed to affect Resistance. My Polar Cat has very high Strength and Agility and moderate Power. So I came up with a plan! I asked a friend to help me and the two of us got into a 1 vs 1 PVP Practice Duel. First, WITH our pets. By casting a wand spell at each other, which has a fixed damage amount, we wrote down the amount of damage with our pets. Then we just finished the match. Then for the next match we went WITHOUT our pets. When we cast the wand spells without our pets, it should have produced a HIGHER amount of damage -- if the pet's Statistics do indeed help the Wizard's Resistance. But this was NOT the case! The amount of damage was the same, with or without our pets! Of course neither of our pets had any Resistance talents, and my friend had to take off his hat with Armor Piercing because those things would have interfered with the results. So what does it mean when it says your pet's Statistics affect Resistance, etc.? Apparently, the Stats do nothing for Resistance!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I'm not 100percent sure, but i think the stats affect how powerful the resistance talents are. I have a sly piggle. When it reached teen it got life resist. It started +2 but when i improved the stats it went up to +6. BEFORE it leveled to adult.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
Bronko787 wrote:
I have an Epic Level Polar Cat. Since the pet's statistics are supposed to aid the Wizard in duels, I've been trying to come up with a way to test and quantify this. Strength, Agility, and Power are all supposed to affect Resistance. My Polar Cat has very high Strength and Agility and moderate Power. So I came up with a plan! I asked a friend to help me and the two of us got into a 1 vs 1 PVP Practice Duel. First, WITH our pets. By casting a wand spell at each other, which has a fixed damage amount, we wrote down the amount of damage with our pets. Then we just finished the match. Then for the next match we went WITHOUT our pets. When we cast the wand spells without our pets, it should have produced a HIGHER amount of damage -- if the pet's Statistics do indeed help the Wizard's Resistance. But this was NOT the case! The amount of damage was the same, with or without our pets! Of course neither of our pets had any Resistance talents, and my friend had to take off his hat with Armor Piercing because those things would have interfered with the results. So what does it mean when it says your pet's Statistics affect Resistance, etc.? Apparently, the Stats do nothing for Resistance!

You misunderstand how the Stats affect resistance. If your pet gains a talent that offers resistance ... such as Spell Proof ... the percent that the talent resists damage is determined in a formula that takes into count your pets Strength, Agility, and Power.

If your pet does not have a talent that pertains to resistance they won't help with your resistance.