Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice's resist and how it affects pvp

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
First, let me begin this post by saying that this is in no way something personal. I actually decided to write this post right after I defeated an ice overlord with the following stats.
4,297 health
30% ice boost
59% resist to Fire and Storm ( I have seen higher)
38% global resist
7% ice accuracy
150% critical (forget about high critical being for storm and fire)
157% critical block to all schools
71% power pips
21% in healing and 35% out healing

This is by all accounts, a TANK. It takes an extremely tactical wizard to defeat her (it was a girl). Your chances to defeat her are considerably reduced if she goes first. Here's what I have been noticing in the arena, especially when fighting ice. They have become extremely offensive. They usually buff up until they're ready to land an extremely powerful attack.
why? Because they're health and their resist allow them to sustain high damage until they're ready to kill you.

When I first started playing the game, the notion of pvp (or power among the schools) was that ice's huge health makes up for their weak spells. If you have been pvp lately, you know the term "weak" can longer be associated with ice. Their spells have become extremely powerful.

One can argue that KI has added infallible into the game to deal with ice's newly huge resist. However, ice can also use the spell to cut though everyone else's resist. Therefore, infallible now makes up for their low power boost. So, not only can they still sustain huge damage (especially to storm and fire) because of their massive health and massive resist (again, especially to storm and fire), they can also hit almost as hard as the big hitter schools, which makes them overpowered to the other elemental schools.

Below are the stats of another ice I defeated in the arena:
4,454 health
32% ice boost and 7% universal boost
75% fire and storm resist, and 47% universal resist
5% ice accuracy
150% ice critical
99% universal critical block and 153% critical block to ice
61% power pips
28% in healing

This ^^ is also a TANK. I really don't see why KI would allow a school with already huge health to have 75% resist to a particular school. Even with a treasure infallible you would only cut that by 20%, leaving 55% resist to deal with. While an ice using a treasure infallible would cut the average resist (assuming it's 40%) by 20%, leaving only 20% to deal with. You can see the difference.

I really don't mind the huge resist (although it IS exaggerated, I mean 75% come on!), nor do I mind the huge health. However, if ice is capable of doing such damage with while still having huge health and defenses, then it becomes a problem.

If you look at the new crafted gear from zafaria, ice has the least to give up in order to use it. Meanwhile, fire and storm would have to make greater sacrifices.
Note: The only reason I kept using fire and storm (as counterpoint) is only because the new crafted gear directly affect them (in terms of resist), not so much the other schools.

I said at the beginning of this post that this wasn't a personal issue, because I have no problems fighting an ice, especially if i go first ( I have yet to lose against an ice going first. After I became warlord that is). So why am I posting this? Because pvp isn't only about me. I am not your average pvper. Therefore, I complain less, because I don't have as much problem dealing with the different flaws of pvp than other pvper might have.
Pvp needs to be fixed for the average pvpers (which are greater in number), not so much for the warlords who have less problems dealing with the flaws.

I urge KI to seriously take a second look at ice. I know that they got "nerfed" when waterworks came out. But, if this was KI's way of saying sorry to ice, then you (KI) have slightly gone overboard.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Careful Doudjy, someone might mistake you for me, because you are agreeing with what I have been saying all along about the new Ice gear.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
doudjy wrote:
First, let me begin this post by saying that this is in no way something personal. I actually decided to write this post right after I defeated an ice overlord with the following stats.
4,297 health
30% ice boost
38% global resist
7% ice accuracy
71% power pips

This is by all accounts, a TANK. It takes an extremely tactical wizard to defeat her (it was a girl). Your chances to defeat her are considerably reduced if she goes first. Here's what I have been noticing in the arena, especially when fighting ice. They have become extremely offensive. They usually buff up until they're ready to land an extremely powerful attack.
why? Because they're health and their resist allow them to sustain high damage until they're ready to kill you.

When I first started playing the game, the notion of pvp (or power among the schools) was that ice's huge health makes up for their weak spells. If you have been pvp lately, you know the term "weak" can longer be associated with ice. Their spells have become extremely powerful.

One can argue that KI has added infallible into the game to deal with ice's newly huge resist. However, ice can also use the spell to cut though everyone else's resist. Therefore, infallible now makes up for their low power boost. So, not only can they still sustain huge damage (especially to storm and fire) because of their massive health and massive resist (again, especially to storm and fire), they can also hit almost as hard as the big hitter schools, which makes them overpowered to the other elemental schools.

4,454 health
5% ice accuracy
150% ice critical
61% power pips
28% in healing

This ^^ is also a TANK. I really don't see why KI would allow a school with already huge health to have 75% resist to a particular school. Even with a treasure infallible you would only cut that by 20%, leaving 55% resist to deal with. While an ice using a treasure infallible would cut the average resist (assuming it's 40%) by 20%, leaving only 20% to deal with. You can see the difference.

I really don't mind the huge resist (although it IS exaggerated, I mean 75% come on!), nor do I mind the huge health. However, if ice is capable of doing such damage with while still having huge health and defenses, then it becomes a problem.

If you look at the new crafted gear from zafaria, ice has the least to give up in order to use it. Meanwhile, fire and storm would have to make greater sacrifices.
Note: The only reason I kept using fire and storm (as counterpoint) is only because the new crafted gear directly affect them (in terms of resist), not so much the other schools.

I said at the beginning of this post that this wasn't a personal issue, because I have no problems fighting an ice, especially if i go first ( I have yet to lose against an ice going first. After I became warlord that is). So why am I posting this? Because pvp isn't only about me. I am not your average pvper. Therefore, I complain less, because I don't have as much problem dealing with the different flaws of pvp than other pvper might have.
Pvp needs to be fixed for the average pvpers (which are greater in number), not so much for the warlords who have less problems dealing with the flaws.

I urge KI to seriously take a second look at ice. I know that they got "nerfed" when waterworks came out. But, if this was KI's way of saying sorry to ice, then you (KI) have slightly gone overboard.

I agree, ice new resist will make it harder to beat them now. Their resist to fire and storm is OP. Only way a fire or storm could win is using a convert, but for fire that will be difficult as they use "Link" to get past fire shields, but if they use that and put convert, the ice wizard by that time has already put another fire shield making really hard for fire to win using infallible & a prism. KI should take another look at Ice & if not just make it no PvP or lower the resist cause that is way too much!

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011

Fair and accurate, nice analysis overall. Especially respected this caveat at the end:

doudjy wrote:

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
doudjy wrote:
4,297 health
30% ice boost
38% global resist
7% ice accuracy
71% power pips

4,454 health
5% ice accuracy
150% ice critical
61% power pips
28% in healing

That's what you refer to as powerful? Yes, they have high critical, but critical almost never gets through in PvP. Other schools get resist, I'm looking for a pet that has Spell Proof and Spell Defy. Because I'm not going to stay with lower resist then Ice.

Ice has sacrificed a lot, and also, their damage is insanely low. Critical or not. Ice has trouble defeating the elemental schools just as hard as the elemental schools are to Ice. The spirits don't have to worry as much. The elements actually have spells to cover up for weaknesses, the spirits don't. And also, Fire can just come back with an Efreet. Storm can come back with a Leviathan. -90% is good and removing Ice's blades is also good.

I have no problems defeating Ice, I'm a Balance wizard and I use elemental spells more then anything. So, I don't think that Fire and Storm should be having much trouble if an elemental spell user isn't.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
doudjy wrote:
4,297 health
30% ice boost
38% global resist
7% ice accuracy
71% power pips

4,454 health
5% ice accuracy
150% ice critical
61% power pips
28% in healing

That's what you refer to as powerful? Yes, the hgy have high critical, but critical almost never gets through in PvP. Other schools get resist, I'm looking for a pet that has Spell Proof and Spell Defy. Because I'm not going to stay with lower resist then Ice.

Ice has sacrificed a lot, and also, their damage is insanely low. Critical or not. Ice has trouble defeating the elemental schools just as hard as the elemental schools are to Ice. The spirits don't have to worry as much. The elements actually have spells to cover up for weaknesses, the spirits don't. And also, Fire can just come back with an Efreet. Storm can come back with a Leviathan. -90% is good and removing Ice's blades is also good.

I have no problems defeating Ice, I'm a Balance wizard and I use elemental spells more then anything. So, I don't think that Fire and Storm should be having much trouble if an elemental spell user isn't.

I don't understand why you would quote if obviously you did read my post entirely, or at least understand what it's all about. I had already mentioned that Ice's new gear does NOT affect the spirit schools. Therefore, you telling me that you have no problem defeating ice with your balance is as irrelevant as irrelevance can get.

Furthermore, with capability of obtaining that much resist to the other two elemental schools, while maintaining their huge health, I really dont see how the schools are balanced.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
doudjy wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
doudjy wrote:
4,297 health
30% ice boost
38% global resist
7% ice accuracy
71% power pips

4,454 health
5% ice accuracy
150% ice critical
61% power pips
28% in healing

That's what you refer to as powerful? Yes, the hgy have high critical, but critical almost never gets through in PvP. Other schools get resist, I'm looking for a pet that has Spell Proof and Spell Defy. Because I'm not going to stay with lower resist then Ice.

I don't understand why you would quote if obviously you did read my post entirely, or at least understand what it's all about. I had already mentioned that Ice's new gear does NOT affect the spirit schools. Therefore, you telling me that you have no problem defeating ice with your balance is as irrelevant as irrelevance can get.

Furthermore, with capability of obtaining that much resist to the other two elemental schools, while maintaining their huge health, I really dont see how the schools are balanced.

I'm not sure, but if anyone has 75% resist to Fire and Storm without these talents:
Spell Proof
Spell Defy
Fire Proof
Storm Proof
please correct me, because I think that gaining that much resist on Fire and Storm is impossible without Fire Proof and Storm Proof, or the Heartsteel athame. So hardly any Ice wizard has 60-70% resist on Fire and Storm.

Also, it's Warlord not Overlord. But that could be the next rank for PvP.

I quote for more accuracy for the other posters to who I'm posting to, and Fire and Storm could use a prism. Wizard101 gives each school except Balance this spell, so why not use it? Use it quickly though. Ice isn't a hard hitter, and doesn't let attacks go on by very easily. Ice has the capibility to force their opponents into using their second school and a prism, which imo I think is just cool.

I also know that you're posting this for the sake of other people, and I'm starting to think that Ice shouldn't block Fire OR Storm very high. KI isn't getting realistic here:
Fire melts Ice
Lightning is conducted to the Ice because ice is made out of water

So, I don't know why Ice blocks Fire and Storm. I think that Ice should get resist on Death and Life instead because:
They can both heal very well
Ice can't die or live
and it makes a lot more sense.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Ok, first of all, this resist is only to Fire and Storm, so the rest of the schools get a break on Ice. Let's see, two schools will have a problem, and the other Five are better off. Uh, what is the problem here?
Ice now has lower resist to five other schools.... than it had before.
Wow, this is a huge disadvantage to Ice, it needs to be changed.....

But it's the same with Every Other school, they all have the same problem.

So let me get this right, Ice now has a disadvantage to five of the seven schools, that correct right?
Add to that, Life is now pouring out Life Dispels, so Ice cannot heal, with Infections mixed in. Huge hits from the big green guy with lower Resist.
Death is doing the same thing, with a 2 pip Doom and Gloom at 65 to 70 perfect heal nix. Myth has just huge (unreal power) hits, from it's new Level 68 spells.

Ok, lets lower Ice's resist to zero, so everyone can kill them, hey problem solved.

You seem to miss the huge Power that Fire and Storm can generate now.
Add in the Life Amulet, and Fire has no problem staying alive.
Storm, ok, they don't really 1v1 much anyway, so yeah, I see them having a huge disadvantage here. But add in the Insane bolt, and you got almost 1900 for how few pips, add in a few blades and put it on Acc -15 shields and infallible with -15 and and what do you have.
Oh, now Ice is down around 40 resist for the huge hit it's going to take.
Just saying, there are lots of ways to look at this.

Ok, I will agree, it takes a long time to bring down an Ice, but it always has. It took me over an hour and half to get an Ice down to 1400. Now because of this high resist, even then he wasn't in the kill zone.
That's just part of the game, you learn to adapt to find a way to bring him down to zero health.

Also, have you seen what it takes to craft the clothes, a ton of time trying to get just all the sunstones. Not to mention the Golden pearls, etc, etc.
Plus you are talking about a Perfect Pet added in too, and how hard are they go hatch. I never got one, and I have hatched way over a hundred times.

I hate to see an Ice or Life across from me, cause I know how long the battle is most likely to take.
On the other hand, Manmoth is not all the strong, and with the number of players using Earthquake now and the Myth Amulet, Ice can have a hard time stacking blades.
The only way Ice can be strong is to stack blades with the Ice Ring up.
Take that away, and all they have is high life and resist. Pack on Infection, Life Dispel and a few other items, and Ice is just a slow process to kill.

You guys gotta look at all the optional spells in the game, and we have a ton of them now. Imo, with all the optional spells, Ice really needs the High resist now.

If a Fire loses to an Ice, I'll bet it was a close battle.
I still see most Fire beat Ice in PvP, level 70.
If a Storm loses to an Ice, I can understand that.

(Darthjt, your changing Dude, your starting to scare me).

Joe.
Joseph LionHunter (Ice, Storm, Balance, Death, and Myth)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Ok, first of all, this resist is only to Fire and Storm, so the rest of the schools get a break on Ice. Let's see, two schools will have a problem, and the other Five are better off. Uh, what is the problem here?
Ice now has lower resist to five other schools.... than it had before.
Wow, this is a huge disadvantage to Ice, it needs to be changed.....

Yes, that resistance is for 2 schools, while Ice's resistance to the other schools is still at 49%, hardly lowered all that much!

But it's the same with Every Other school, they all have the same problem.

Yes, if the other schools get the new crafted gear, they will resist 2 schools quite a bit, however, no other school keeps the global resistance on anything but the robe. Unless you craft your school and Ice school boots, which gives 5% global resistance. for a total of 17% global resistance and with pet, is 32% global resistance to all schools and 50% resistance to 2 schools. How is this not biased for Ice?

So let me get this right, Ice now has a disadvantage to five of the seven schools, that correct right?

Nope, that is not correct! 49% resistance is almost the same, if not more, as the resistance of any other school. And Ice is at 4300 health with the Life Mastery Amulet!

Add to that, Life is now pouring out Life Dispels, so Ice cannot heal, with Infections mixed in. Huge hits from the big green guy with lower Resist.
Death is doing the same thing, with a 2 pip Doom and Gloom at 65 to 70 perfect heal nix. Myth has just huge (unreal power) hits, from it's new Level 68 spells.
Lifeforce blade has life wand attacks that remove dispel for 0 pips. All schools have to deal with infection, again, most of the time, pets deal with the life dispels and the infections as spritely is still a talent of choice on a pet!

Doom and Gloom is 3 pips.
Not getting into myth as Myth still has not gotten a huge hit AoE spell.

Ok, lets lower Ice's resist to zero, so everyone can kill them, hey problem solved.

Ice still has 43% damage boost with 1 damage boost given from pet. So, a pet with spell proof, spell defy, pain giver, and spritely. Not to mention if you have a pet that gives a dragonblade card.

You seem to miss the huge Power that Fire and Storm can generate now.

As I said, Life can have 43% damage boost, with 111 critical block and 150 critical, while giving up nothing. Now, if you want, you can take off spell defy and lower your resistance by 5% and add in ice giver for another 6% and have 49% power boost. Or you can go to the Celestian Robe, gaining 5% more resistance but losing 12% resistance to fire and storm but gaining even more power. You can do the same for the Hat, giving almost 60% damage boost for Ice. Yes, you will still have more resistance to all schools and the health, so the choice is still yours to make.

Add in the Life Amulet, and Fire has no problem staying alive.
Storm, ok, they don't really 1v1 much anyway, so yeah, I see them having a huge disadvantage here. But add in the Insane bolt, and you got almost 1900 for how few pips, add in a few blades and put it on Acc -15 shields and infallible with -15 and and what do you have.

See, this is the one thing I dislike! You are basically telling people to play russian roulette. Get lucky winning or take yourself out. What kind of strategy is that?

Oh, now Ice is down around 40 resist for the huge hit it's going to take.
Just saying, there are lots of ways to look at this.

49% resistance still and 111% critical block. I know this for a fact as I am wearing the gear.

Ok, I will agree, it takes a long time to bring down an Ice, but it always has. It took me over an hour and half to get an Ice down to 1400. Now because of this high resist, even then he wasn't in the kill zone.
That's just part of the game, you learn to adapt to find a way to bring him down to zero health.

Oh and look, here Ice is with a Satyr, healing it fully! WoW, how many converts and insane bolts would it take exactly?

Also, have you seen what it takes to craft the clothes, a ton of time trying to get just all the sunstones. Not to mention the Golden pearls, etc, etc.
Plus you are talking about a Perfect Pet added in too, and how hard are they go hatch. I never got one, and I have hatched way over a hundred times.

Ok, so maybe I have no life, because I have many double resist, spritely pets and a few of my wizards are Legendary Artisans. The Fossils were the hardest part of that quest. What was your point again?

I hate to see an Ice or Life across from me, cause I know how long the battle is most likely to take.
On the other hand, Manmoth is not all the strong, and with the number of players using Earthquake now and the Myth Amulet, Ice can have a hard time stacking blades.

While I know myth has earthquake, Life is about the only other school that uses the myth mastery amulet, maybe balance as it can easily heal. However, earthquake is not as used as people make it out to be, especially in 1v1. Now, in multiplayer, I am not saying it is not being used...

The only way Ice can be strong is to stack blades with the Ice Ring up.
Take that away, and all they have is high life and resist. Pack on Infection, Life Dispel and a few other items, and Ice is just a slow process to kill.

Actually My Ice can have 59% damage boost, with the waterworks gear and a pet that has spell proof, ice giver, pain giver, and spritely. Or can be at 43% damage boost with the resistance and crafted gear. Ice has tons of blades and can easily hit for massive damage. Ice has DoT spells to take out and avoid shields.

You guys gotta look at all the optional spells in the game, and we have a ton of them now. Imo, with all the optional spells, Ice really needs the High resist now.

If a Fire loses to an Ice, I'll bet it was a close battle.
I still see most Fire beat Ice in PvP, level 70.
If a Storm loses to an Ice, I can understand that.

(Darthjt, your changing Dude, your starting to scare me).

Joe.
Joseph LionHunter (Ice, Storm, Balance, Death, and Myth)

It should always be close, pending on strategies! Nobody should have too easy of a time or too hard of a time if they have a good strategy. A person with a good strategy should beat a person with no strategy, just about every time. Although, with the way things are going, Storm has to get lucky to win!

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
joujou11cool wrote:
doudjy wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
doudjy wrote:
4,297 health
30% ice boost
38% global resist
7% ice accuracy
71% power pips

4,454 health
5% ice accuracy
150% ice critical
61% power pips
28% in healing

I'm not sure, but if anyone has 75% resist to Fire and Storm without these talents:
Spell Proof
Spell Defy
Fire Proof
Storm Proof
please correct me, because I think that gaining that much resist on Fire and Storm is impossible without Fire Proof and Storm Proof, or the Heartsteel athame. So hardly any Ice wizard has 60-70% resist on Fire and Storm.

I quote for more accuracy for the other posters to who I'm posting to, and Fire and Storm could use a prism. Wizard101 gives each school except Balance this spell, so why not use it? Use it quickly though. Ice isn't a hard hitter, and doesn't let attacks go on by very easily. Ice has the capibility to force their opponents into using their second school and a prism, which imo I think is just cool.

I also know that you're posting this for the sake of other people, and I'm starting to think that Ice shouldn't block Fire OR Storm very high. KI isn't getting realistic here:
Fire melts Ice

So, I don't know why Ice blocks Fire and Storm. I think that Ice should get resist on Death and Life instead because:
Ice can't die or live

I actually think that fire and storm resist are good ideas because fire and storm have the highest damage spells in Wizard101, so I think that's why.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
doudjy wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
doudjy wrote:
4,297 health
30% ice boost
38% global resist
7% ice accuracy
71% power pips

4,454 health
5% ice accuracy
150% ice critical
61% power pips
28% in healing

Spell Proof
Spell Defy
Fire Proof
Storm Proof

Fire melts Ice

Ice can't die or live

I actually think that fire and storm resist are good ideas because fire and storm have the highest damage spells in Wizard101, so I think that's why.

Yeah, but wizard101 is supposed to be realistic.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:

It works out that way, but no. Take into account all other mechanics and the reason is simply the story line.

Fire, Ice and Storm have been squabbling and will continue to squabble till the end of time.

These forums are proof of that.

Someone claimed that ice can't get that high (75%) a resist to fire and storm without the matching pet abilities, and a specific athame. If you want to be a stickler for that 75 figure, then you are correct.

Otherwise, not so.

Since Darthjt already did the work for me, I'll just grab it off another thread.
darthjt wrote:

Now, let's look at Ice!

4216 Health

Damage Boost = 18 all & 43 Ice
Resistance = 67 Fire/67 Storm/46 All
Accuracy = 16 all & 21 Ice
120 Critical
81 Crtical Block All
85% Power Pip Chance
44% Incoming Heal

Gear Worn:
Frozen Breath Shroud (Crafted) Gives Elemental Blade that stacks!
Shivering Breath Robes Which gives 12 resist to fire & storm & 12 Global
Frostbit Boots
Sidhe Staff
Olyphant's Storied Scimitar
Life Mastery Amulet
Aureate Band
Pet that gives 10 spell proof, 5 spell defy, spritely, and pain giver 6

There is your 60-70 range storm and fire resistance. One could push it even higher, but there would be trade offs. The above list I would consider typical and well rounded over all.

To make things even more fun, remember to toss in a fortify to additionally shield ice while it is building pips, casting blades and what not. Even if it is not a treasure card version that is anther +15% to resistance across the board.

I am just very very glad that few people play ice right, and instead rely on their massive life and resistance totals to see them through the match while they duel like a storm wanna be. :P

Armiger
May 10, 2010
archmage987 wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:

It works out that way, but no. Take into account all other mechanics and the reason is simply the story line.

Fire, Ice and Storm have been squabbling and will continue to squabble till the end of time.

These forums are proof of that.

Someone claimed that ice can't get that high (75%) a resist to fire and storm without the matching pet abilities, and a specific athame. If you want to be a stickler for that 75 figure, then you are correct.

Otherwise, not so.

Since Darthjt already did the work for me, I'll just grab it off another thread.
darthjt wrote:

Now, let's look at Ice!

4216 Health

Damage Boost = 18 all & 43 Ice
Resistance = 67 Fire/67 Storm/46 All
Accuracy = 16 all & 21 Ice
120 Critical
81 Crtical Block All
85% Power Pip Chance
44% Incoming Heal

Gear Worn:
Frozen Breath Shroud (Crafted) Gives Elemental Blade that stacks!
Shivering Breath Robes Which gives 12 resist to fire & storm & 12 Global
Frostbit Boots
Sidhe Staff
Olyphant's Storied Scimitar
Life Mastery Amulet
Aureate Band
Pet that gives 10 spell proof, 5 spell defy, spritely, and pain giver 6

There is your 60-70 range storm and fire resistance. One could push it even higher, but there would be trade offs. The above list I would consider typical and well rounded over all.

To make things even more fun, remember to toss in a fortify to additionally shield ice while it is building pips, casting blades and what not. Even if it is not a treasure card version that is anther +15% to resistance across the board.

I am just very very glad that few people play ice right, and instead rely on their massive life and resistance totals to see them through the match while they duel like a storm wanna be. :P

And lucky for most people that I am not taking advantage of this gear in PvP with my Ice. I know those figures and that setup, simply because I have it. There is no exaggeration in that setup, the health, or any of the statistics. I have a pet that has Ice giver, Pain Giver, Spell proof 10, and spritely, so I can give up another 5% Resistance for another 6% damage boost. I can use the lifeforce blade, give up accuracy and power pip chance for more critical chance and critical block. There are many options.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Well I'm not so sure about that. Watch what your saying. Because an ice wizard might read this note. Like myself. I'm a transcended thaumaturge. And you may have added your own opinion. I don't know about a 75% resist. And ever since I've claimed my frostbit waterworks gear,I've been doing great in pvp. What school are you? If you beat those wizards which you call tanks,maybe you should check your own stats. Just a suggestion. Chris star stone,transcended thaumaturge.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
ok, if storm can get their storm strenght percentage up to over 80%, why cant ice have enough resist? when resist has ALWAYS been ice's pro and the con would be the low strengt percentage. storm school is the opposite, high strenght percentages and strong attacks with the strongest base power. resist and health is ice's speciality. besides i have seen many wizards from different schools with as much as almost or over 50% resist, of course with nice pets and gear. thats why you got to play smart and work on the things you want. and you stated that you have beat TANKS before, so what if their stats are lowered? it will make it alot easier for you to win of course. yea it takes a long time to beat down an ice wizard, but you have to work hard for the win. idk what your dragging about.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
It is for this reason I have dropped my high lvl pvp accounts and retreated to low level pvp. The skill level in low level has risen too indicating others have done the same. I have better things to do with my night then spend 3+ hours taking down an ice from second slot on my fire wizard.

Light attacks are no longer a characteristic of ice as health and resist gives them time to insanely boost their hits as someone else mentioned here. Ice can multiply damage to overcome their weakness but schools like storm cannot manipulate health disadvantage without sacrificing tools needed to compete

LvL 70 pvp is unbalanced just as it was before wysteria update, same problem.. Same school... Not my problem anymore, but making school resistant crafted gear no pvp would be a start.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:
Wow, ice really is immortal

If Ice was immortal, then my Death or Balance couldn't beat them, and I can. It takes some time, and the deck needs to be setup during the battle, but they finally get the final hammer.
Life, is the same way, but they can heal alot better than ice, and have pretty good resist. They are even harder to bring down, cause each time I get them in the kill zone, they heal for 2000 or so, before I can get a few pips back up for a combo.
Ice is by no means immortal, except for Storm, they could be to storm in a few cases. .... :)

All I can say is.....
For those that wine about Ice, Balance, Storm, Fire and Myth, bring one up to level 70, jump in a few PVP, before you complain again.

Btw, don't you think that KI knows what's happening in their game?
Don't you people think that KI adjusted this gear this way for a reason?
No matter what you think, only they really know for sure.

Joe.

Community Leader
I disagree with this post on a number of levels.

Ice is a "tank" class player and that's how it was designed. Initially Ice starts with good accuracy and exceptional health and great pips.

As ice gets further down the road, the hits are weaker, accuracy decreases, and pips by level 70 decrease drammatically if you want crit block. Additionally with shield breaking, extreme critical on fire and storm as well as 90% possible buff without blades for storm and fire this leaves ice at a disadvantage particulary with the readily available DOT spells that make short work of shields. Add to that efreet wich has a devastating secondary effect and the extreme over-powered Siren spell which has not one but two nasty secondary effects while Ice's level 68 spell is only as powerful as a triton for 2 additional pips.

My friends and I just finished a PVP with fires and we didn't even get to hit once. We got two crit dragons which weren't blocked by any of us for whatever reason and a critical volcano that wasn't crit blocked by anyone. It was death in 5 passes through shields and 112 block and 44 resist all. It really wasn't even a game at all, it was a complete waste of a few minutes not even having so much as a prayer to come back from it.

So yes, I pretty much have to disagree that Ice is so all powerful. Not to mention that proportionally each school is catching up to Ice in ratio of health. It's common to see other schools with 48 resist all (including pets) and 3600-3900 health, 40-60 tough plus and 160 crit wielding infinitely more powerful hits.

As an formerly overlord ranked Ice wizard my pvp rank has fallen from 2300 down to 800. That's a pretty big change in overall pvp capabilities for ice.

We collectively are very frustrated. If I put my best shielding cloths on I have 65% power pips. 65!!!!!! If i put my best healing gear on it gets worse. If I put on gear that gives me more power pips then I lose most heal boost and a lot of critical block. Sure, I can put on gear meant specifically only to fight storm and fire, but then others can kill me easily.

All in all, a storm or fire can still easily defeat an ice wizard in pvp in both 1v1-4v4. I have given up playing 4v4 alltogether because it has changed that much.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
Valerians School wrote:
I disagree with this post on a number of levels.

Ice is a "tank" class player and that's how it was designed. Initially Ice starts with good accuracy and exceptional health and great pips.

As ice gets further down the road, the hits are weaker, accuracy decreases, and pips by level 70 decrease drammatically if you want crit block. Additionally with shield breaking, extreme critical on fire and storm as well as 90% possible buff without blades for storm and fire this leaves ice at a disadvantage particulary with the readily available DOT spells that make short work of shields. Add to that efreet wich has a devastating secondary effect and the extreme over-powered Siren spell which has not one but two nasty secondary effects while Ice's level 68 spell is only as powerful as a triton for 2 additional pips.

My friends and I just finished a PVP with fires and we didn't even get to hit once. We got two crit dragons which weren't blocked by any of us for whatever reason and a critical volcano that wasn't crit blocked by anyone. It was death in 5 passes through shields and 112 block and 44 resist all. It really wasn't even a game at all, it was a complete waste of a few minutes not even having so much as a prayer to come back from it.

So yes, I pretty much have to disagree that Ice is so all powerful. Not to mention that proportionally each school is catching up to Ice in ratio of health. It's common to see other schools with 48 resist all (including pets) and 3600-3900 health, 40-60 tough plus and 160 crit wielding infinitely more powerful hits.

As an formerly overlord ranked Ice wizard my pvp rank has fallen from 2300 down to 800. That's a pretty big change in overall pvp capabilities for ice.

We collectively are very frustrated. If I put my best shielding cloths on I have 65% power pips. 65!!!!!! If i put my best healing gear on it gets worse. If I put on gear that gives me more power pips then I lose most heal boost and a lot of critical block. Sure, I can put on gear meant specifically only to fight storm and fire, but then others can kill me easily.

All in all, a storm or fire can still easily defeat an ice wizard in pvp in both 1v1-4v4. I have given up playing 4v4 alltogether because it has changed that much.

Yes, I agree with valerian. Ice's stats are not overdone. Someone in an earlier post said that with a shield breaker ice's resist would go down to about 50-55%, thats good but almost every high level wizard in arena has at least 25-30% resist with warlords at adept level reaching 50-55% resist.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
That is a tank. But you made two mistakes.

157 critical is not 157 percent. Storm gets to 242, and myth can get to 230 (im myth) It is out of 500, so in reality, his critical percentage is actually 31% still somewhat high though.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
ice is NOT weak!!!
all i do is cast a baelstrom, iceblade, ice trap, some balance spell of some sort, and then use colussus. problem solved.
Destiny Hawkhead, Level 44

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I can't agree with you more.

the odds are no longer even with the massive health and and incredible resistance which Ice has.

I am not a real good warlord yet; but Ice is the most difficult for me because of their resistance and life.

KI shoud address this discrepency.

doudjy wrote:
4,297 health
30% ice boost
38% global resist
7% ice accuracy
71% power pips

4,454 health
5% ice accuracy
150% ice critical
61% power pips
28% in healing

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Heelyman,

Let me say this, Ice may have high health and resist, but what about Life, it can heal almost 2000 on a Satry. Try killing a life that has decided that shields and healing are the key to outlasting you.

Plus Ice has to blade to do any damage, weakness and earthquake can stop that. High health, means very little with the constant criticals now in pvp.

Ice, ha ha, what about Fire, a double blades Heckhound that goes critical can do over (yes over) 2000 a round for three rounds. That is on a Wizard with 42 percent resist. How many Ice can outlive that attack?
My Balance has been crushed twice in four matches with Critical Heckhoulds, and he has 3650 hp.

Sorry, but all these comments over Ice leaves me wondering, why.

Joe.