Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My opinion on Treasure Cards:

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
I'm one of the few that believe Treasure Cards should be removed from PvP as well. No, it's not 'cause I'm not "good" enough to use them strategically. I've had multiple Warlords. My problem is havin' to rely on treasures that counter other treasure users. While a lot of people say Wizard 101 is not just a card game, I see it as one, especially within the arena. The sideboard, in my opinion, is similar to someone holdin' extra cards under the table. Again, this post is entirely my opinion. I'm entitled to that, so don't bash this post out of fear that they'll remove your precious Treasure Cards. Overall, I'm not havin' fun with ranked PvP anymore due to Treasure Cards. PvP is still my fav' aspect of this game, so I'll stick to practice matches.

I'd like to see what others have to say. Please, leave your opinions on why you are for, or against, the use of Treasure Cards in PvP.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Cedrien wrote:
I'm one of the few that believe Treasure Cards should be removed from PvP as well. No, it's not 'cause I'm not "good" enough to use them strategically. I've had multiple Warlords. My problem is havin' to rely on treasures that counter other treasure users. While a lot of people say Wizard 101 is not just a card game, I see it as one, especially within the arena. The sideboard, in my opinion, is similar to someone holdin' extra cards under the table. Again, this post is entirely my opinion. I'm entitled to that, so don't bash this post out of fear that they'll remove your precious Treasure Cards. Overall, I'm not havin' fun with ranked PvP anymore due to Treasure Cards. PvP is still my fav' aspect of this game, so I'll stick to practice matches.

I'd like to see what others have to say. Please, leave your opinions on why you are for, or against, the use of Treasure Cards in PvP.

I think they need to get rid of certain ones like tower shield and smoke screen, but other than that i guess i don't mind them that much. As long as people don't "overuse" them. :?

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
I entirely agre with you. I think that using other school's "school-only" spells is like intruding because every school has their own focus point. I'm not against treasure cards, its just that people spam them too much. That's my opinion.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Cedrien wrote:

Personally, I wouldnt mind treasure cards being taken out of PvP cause I'd do just fine but sincerely I dont think they should. I've noticed that most warlords (that do 1v1) have the same setups constantly that don't change much from person to person. I think that the gear and treasure cards add the difference between PvP players of the same school making it a more radical game mode.

Trascended Death Warlord ~ Brandon Legendmask

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Cedrien wrote:

To me, TC's aren't anything but extra spells for the wizard to use, or even a stronger version of the spell. I defend myself very heavily, so I won't get bashed hard by a TC. To confront one, all you have to do is shield every school, such as using a Tower Shield or even a Weakness. That's what I think of treasure cards.

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
Cedrien wrote:

ya know what? I have been against treasure cards in pvp for months. I've posted about treasure cards, and tried to do something about it, but can't find anyone to take my side of the situation. I just got replies about how I can use them too, or we're given sideboards for a reason, and in my opinion, they should just be done away with, or at least some of them. things like tower shield, insane bolt,( the chance of self destruct is only 20%) and that stupid cat burglar polymorf that is still usable in pvp.
I totally agree with you, even though not many will.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Cedrien wrote:

you have a right to complain but it doesnt mean i agree. pvp but treasure cards help some people use spells that if they had known better earlier on would have trained instead of buying back training points that cost a somewhat large amount of money on one thing.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
My opinion is that you shouldn't do PvP if you don't have fun in it. My opinion is that people who use treasure cards have all the right to because it takes time to earn them or time to earn to buy then. Honestly, do you really use treasure cards outside of the arena often? No. So that's my opinion.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
I appreciate the honest and mature replies, everyone. I've noticed that most complaints against TC's are mostly from those that don't know how to counter them. I wouldn't sympathize for a sore-loser, either. But to all you Warlords out there, wouldn't you be fine without TC's? I believe Mastery Amulets, Training Points, pets, and equipment add enough diversity and depth in the game. I've never been fond of Treasure Cards.

What if we were able to come to an agreement?

Level restrictions on cards:
-No player would have access to that card unless they've reached the level of the spell given on that card.

School restrictions:
-Only wizards of the same school on the given card would have access to it.

Those are two ideas that have more than likely been proposed before. Many people support TC's, and many oppose. Treasure Cards discourage a lot of players to PvP, including myself. If they were removed, would the ones that use them be discouraged as well? Hopefully we'll get some more rational and constructive posts on this topic. Thanks.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
My opinion on treasure cards in pvp is that they should not be in it at all because, well, let me ask you something: what is pvp about? Is it about how much time you can play and get gold for treasure cards or how rich you are so you can get gold from buying crowns? Or is it about skill and strategy and how strong you are? Ask youself that. Because, in my opinion, it should be about how you use the training points and your playing style, not how much gold you have. At my house I'll say before a battle in my duel curcle no treasure cards. Does anyone think pvp is about gold really? And I will admit that I am not good at pvp, but I go down with a fight and I don't go on about how I am the best guy in the world and you're a noob and so on, so on. When I lose, I lose with honor, and this is not a complant about how I lose. What I am trying to say is I think that treasure cards should not be part of pvp. I hope KI changes this so there are no more treasure cards in pvp.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
rhinofriend wrote:
My opinion on treasure cards in pvp is that they should not be in it at all because, well, let me ask you something: what is pvp about? Is it about how much time you can play and get gold for treasure cards or how rich you are so you can get gold from buying crowns? Or is it about skill and strategy and how strong you are? Ask youself that. Because, in my opinion, it should be about how you use the training points and your playing style, not how much gold you have. At my house I'll say before a battle in my duel curcle no treasure cards. Does anyone think pvp is about gold really? And I will admit that I am not good at pvp, but I go down with a fight and I don't go on about how I am the best guy in the world and you're a noob and so on, so on. When I lose, I lose with honor, and this is not a complant about how I lose. What I am trying to say is I think that treasure cards should not be part of pvp. I hope KI changes this so there are no more treasure cards in pvp.

You make a good point. I agree that anyone can buy TC's, but not everyone can develop a solid strategy without them.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Cedrien wrote:

Personally, I wouldnt mind treasure cards being taken out of PvP cause I'd do just fine but sincerely I dont think they should. I've noticed that most warlords (that do 1v1) have the same setups constantly that don't change much from person to person. I think that the gear and treasure cards add the difference between PvP players of the same school making it a more radical game mode.

Trascended Death Warlord ~ Brandon Legendmask

All none school treasure cards should be removed, the wizard should learn the spells he or she will use. this would make pvp fun and make everyone really make his or hers wizard a better player. so with that said if a death learned life he should be able toput the learned schools treasure in deck. not spells they did not learn.
this should be in all pvp matches.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
There are so many ways for players to be creative without treasures, and the source of that can come from the Amulets we choose to use. There is still the issue of spells that can only be used as treasure. I'm not referring to out of school spells but rather, attack spells that can only be used as a treasure spell. A great example is Ninja pig, since that's the only one I can think of, although I have seen one for balance and I think even fire has one.

What do you say to spells like that? What do you think of attacks that can only be used as treasure or only from a particular gear?

I certainly disagree with those that say treasures destroy creativity and those who think that you need treasures to be creative. But I am not sure if I agree with those who believe in outright banning treasures. If anything, why not just have our decks be made with a much smaller sideboard? Say, no more than 6 slots for treasures? This will force anyone who heavily relies on treasures to not only rethink their main deck set up, but also push them into rationing how they use treasures.

I've seen warlord pvp decks with things like 12 sprite spells, 6 satyr treasures, 8 humungofrogs, etc. Things like that, really? You guys couldn't set up your main deck well enough to suit your needs?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Cedrien wrote:

My opinion is no. Treasure Cards are a double-edged sword, so your basically judging which side is sharpest. Treasure Cards allow you to make strategies more intricate and clever, and let's both side pull out a hidden trick that instantly turns the tide. A Treasure Tower can foil a Judge just as easily as a 1-pip Melt Treasure can foil a Tower. While some cards could be barred to appease the general community (Cough, Insane Bolt, Cough) I think people should learn to counter them (Cough, Insane Bolt, Cough), no offense.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
I think the issue on Treasure Cards is more situation-based.
This is your typical team match:
Lv. 1-20 (1-3 of them, depends what type of match) and a Lv.68-70 VS.
Lv.25-70's (2-4 of them)

If the lower leveled wizards don't use treasure cards, how else can they hope to win? Lv. 70's can't be THAT clumsy.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I just want to reply on two items that Cedrien posted.

Level restrictions on cards:
-No player would have access to that card unless they've reached the level of the spell given on that card.

comment, I agree, I really think this may help Low Level pvp also. I am sure that there will be many that disagee with this, as it would really change a lot of the stratergies now being run.

School restrictions:
-Only wizards of the same school on the given card would have access to it.

comment, On this I disagree to a point. Attack spells would be fine, but without certain wizards having Shatter or Earthquake, the matches would drop to who could hit the hardest and the fastest. The skill level would drop, and my Myth would have a huge advantage over any other wizard, except Fire. Maybe we could limit it to the same school and learned spells can be treasure cards.

Joe.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I agree. I seen lvl 5 commander and lvl 70 privates. I do NOT call this fair! Treasure cards should be restricted from pvp.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I don't think treasure cards should allow anyone to cast a spell that is not of their own school and mastery amulets should only lower pip costs and not allow the user to cast special cards of its school. Treasure cards should be useable in PvP but treasure cards should be limmitted to characters only of their schools, and should be level restricted based upon the spell (dragon, storm lord, crow, and the like should require players to be level 48 to use them, and so on).

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
seasnake wrote:
I don't think treasure cards should allow anyone to cast a spell that is not of their own school and mastery amulets should only lower pip costs and not allow the user to cast special cards of its school. Treasure cards should be useable in PvP but treasure cards should be limmitted to characters only of their schools, and should be level restricted based upon the spell (dragon, storm lord, crow, and the like should require players to be level 48 to use them, and so on).

Seasnake,

Maybe I don't understand what you are saying, but lets look at death as an example. If your plan was used, then a Death could cast Feint, TC feint, and a Pet Feint, blade with three of them and hit, guess what, who but myth or fire can stop that. This is why other schools need empower or other spells like that and Earthquake. Life instantly loses a lot of power, plus Balance.
Taking away Treasure cards leave many Wizards defenseless in a number of ways.
I agree with a level cap on certain spells, but it can't be a general cap for all spells or certain schools can't be used by others.
The Amulets were released for the use of Trained spells and TC.
Banning TC would unbalance the schools in PvP a great deal.

Joe.