Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

need advise for beating sothmekhet for efreet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
i know there have been people who asked the same thing but none help i need new ideas.

1.how should i set my deck

2.Good gear i should get

3. any othere ideas you could add to help

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
TimDuncan42 wrote:
i know there have been people who asked the same thing but none help i need new ideas.

2.Good gear i should get

My fire wizard defeated Sothmehket the first time around. I don't remember exactly what my gear was but, I do remember it was level 58 gear (crafted).

Once in battle I got my minion up as fast as I could. Then hired a lvl 60 storm henchman in third spot and lvl 60 life on the end. I have changed my deck so many times since then, I really can't give you any help there, but you might check the link below.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169576

Adherent
May 20, 2010
We need more information. What school is your wizard, and what level is he/she?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
TimDuncan42 wrote:

2.Good gear i should get

To give you the best advise on this you should visit wizard101central.com they have some very helpful guides about everything in the game and this quest will be noted there on how to help get you though it. I was defeated many times with my storm wizard for her spell until I went there, other wise I probably never would have gotten it, I do very poorly with cheating bosses.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
Either train Polymorph Treant (you do not need to train up to it) or purchase the Polymorph Treant cards from the archivist, and whenever you are at half-health, go tree. Get yourself good and healed and shielded with the absorb armour. That was how I was able to manage it.

Historian
May 01, 2010
I had the standard 58 gear for fire when I faced him, and used an ice and a fire henchmen (ice=taunter, fire= helps hit) and my minion in the last slot. Since henchmen are higher priced now, and not sure the ice still taunts, you can summon a minion like the storm, or minotaur minion to help you, that do taunt (I would go for minotaur minion because 1. it also attacks, and 2. you can summon it on the second turn). I am not sure how long he will last with his cheat, but you need to also shield him up, to make him last as long as possible. You also might want to pack treasure heals, but not to many (you dont want to really search for the minotaur), and if you have a training point, I would get reshuffle (if not already). With the gear, a single bladed gargantuan helephant should kill the minion, which you want to kill as fast as possible. You also might want to gear your deck onto shields, heals, and DoTs (tower shields heckhound is perfect for this dude), and of course, helephants. In the end, it mostly depends on your playstyle...
Hope these helps.