Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to Improve Life and Bunch of Other Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Hello, to all wizards, witches, warlocks, etc.
First of all:
I love Wizard101.
Second of all:
I'm sorry combining all of these ideas together. I'm just too excited to be posting.
Third of all:
No, I am not a noob (noob refering a person completely new or new at all to Wizard101). Besides, I think I have been here since a few months after Dragonspyre was created.
Anyway, to the ideas. I have and listened to a lot of arguments concerning spells: how everyone wants damage spells, colossus and kraken need damage control, and most importantly how to fix life. The way I see it is that life does not need that much of a fix. This is how I label all of the schools:

Balance (lovin' it!): annoy the enemy so much with black mantles and weaknesses, they can do nothing but wait for a judgement or two to kill them.

Death (interesting so far..): is the true master of diaster for they can hit hard and heal a lot; this annoys the enemy too because they get so close to defeating the death person, then the thing hits them and heals (yeah, im slightly annoyed at death too)

Myth (really good, though I don't use minions much): summons minions that makes the enemy waste on killing them, while the myth person easily cracks their defense(s) with a two-hit spell or earthquaking.

Storm (no comment- barely tried it, I really hate fizzling!): hit crazily

Fire (good school as well, but still watch out for that fizzling): wait... .... ..., and then do a Dot spell that leaves the enemy scrambling for healing or defenses; you on the other hand watch them burn

Ice (AWESOME!!!): resist all attacks and laugh cruelly in the faces of enemies as they attempt get past your Ice or Frozen Armor (but do still renew every now and then) and destroy them - though slowly.

And now for Life (interesting so far as well): heal crazily and make your enemy suffer the wrath of nature.

So that pretty much sums up my point- Life is meant to heal crazily. My myth character (level 45, whose name escapes me at the moment) uses a life mastery amulet, has the ring with 15% and 14% incoming and outcoming boost, and can use a 2 pip Fairy and heal for 520!! And my balance character (level 54, Alexander Titanblade) has 50% and 50% boost and a 2 PIP FAIRY HEALS A WHOOPING AMOUNT OF 900!!!!
So if you are still wondering what is my point - it is that life or any of the schools definitely does not need a damage spell every single level from 68 and up. No, they could be fine with a healing spell. And yes, I do agree with the several other people before me that the levels one get spells should be closer together while others further apart. Definitely, so more diversity.

And now for how to correct Life. I said before that Life does not need damage spells every level, but what does need to be corrected is healing. It suprises me damaging the foe has more possibilities and spells than healing yourself or a friend. Therefore, I have come up with just a few spells that help.
Disclaimer: I know that some of the names are bad, it's the idea that counts!

? (Holy, Bright, I have no idea) Light
0 pips
100% accuracy
Effect:
+25% (heart) to next (heart) spell
Explanation:
It will simply help boost heals

Gratitude
2 pips
100% accuracy
Effect:
+75% (heart) over 3 rounds to next 3 (heart) spells
Explanantion:
A Fuel in essence, only for healing.

Elixir
x pips
100% accuracy
Effect:
255 (heart) per pip over 3 rounds

I think these three spells (possibibly more) will improve Life.
Note: I did not specify what level these spells would be available at.
This will be Kingisle's choice.

Happy Posting!!!
(Toodles!!! )
P.S. go balance!!!

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Simply put noooooooooo!.

I have many wizards but that would ruin life. I am not sure that you can add much more healing to life. If I used a satyr I can heal myself 1400 or more. We have enough healing!. Though if these were added into the lower lvls that would be great but you cannot make these higher lvl spells for life.

0 pips
100% accuracy
Effect:
Explanation:

They already have this spell for life. Its called guiding light and brilliant light.

Gratitude
2 pips
100% accuracy
Effect:
Explanantion:

Not seeing a reason for this. Only regenerate could really use this, but I do not find myself using it much. Also, It would be sorta pointless. We have enough healing boosts. Lower lever spell.

Elixir
x pips
100% accuracy
Effect:

That is basically dryad, except it is over 3 rounds. Again I find a spell like this would be pointless. I would love to have it, but it would need to be a lower lvl spell.

In my opinion as a life, I find when KI has given us attack spells it makes it easier to compete. Like when life got forest lord for instance or gnomes. If we have an attack the can compete with other schools attacks, Life can fight our way out and battles become easier and are soooo much shorter and we are alright.

If you were to give every other schools attacking but leave life it would be worse for life. What I mean by this is lets say fire or storms next card is 1500 or 1700 * a little extreme but to compete with the resist* and life was given instead a healing card, do you see how life becomes at a disadvantage? Life yet again falls behind on attack cards. Plus with more damage that healing card we get better be insane healing to compete. And if it would be 6 power pips to cast it isn't fair. I could use other weaker healing to get me more direct health and do much more.

I would rather have a fist fight and battle it out per-say and give life a an attack card. It makes a fight fairer, then to try and heal and attack and weaken them to a point where a strong enough card could kill them. People also are starting to notice that and heal before they get into that kill zone making it harder to win. Unless you put enough life dispels on them or use gnomes enough.

People make up expectations for life as in we are only healers to heal other schools to fight. We are a strong school and need power to compete. I hope KI will give us an x pip or a dot spell for life at lvl 78. Or another aoe attack.

Anyways that's just my thoughts.

BLAKE NIGHTWRAITH

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
ok, first of all thanks for replying.
Next
the first idea for life spell was meant to be a trap-ish knid of deal. You put on your friend and it boosts.
Also not criticizing you but I never mentioned that these spells would be for higher levels. What ever Kingisle thinks of, that it shall be.
But then that satyr you had that heals you for about 1400 can heal me for me for 1935 without blades. And remember that's for my balnce character. Life itself is in contest with other wizards and mastery amulets. Life is suppose to the kings and queens of healing, and when there's a wannabe healer who can heal for more - something needs to be done. I can see that you are a fighter, but I have to say that I have enough fun keeping my friends alive throughout all of these battles. And you are right, life is a strong school buts needs healings to compete.
P.S. sorry, but i doubt about wizard101 giving us an attack x-pip - we are healers not attackers. That doesn't mean we can't do are fair share of damage. we are like ice - except we don't die by being slowly wittled down, it's if we don't heal on time.

P.P.S. i really don't like people who begins with any form of no.
Toodles!!!!!!! ( lol)

Historian
May 01, 2010
What I would like to see more from life, is probably a X pip healing AoE... But also, I like to solo with my life, if we dont get any more attacks, we will become completely dependent of other people (we will barely be able to make a dent in people), and not only that, but as they grow stronger, more health, more attack, quicker attacks, we, as life players will begin to get unless... (the life school isnt only for healing crazily you know)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Life is NOT just for healing. If played correctly, it can be very powerful. You have to take advantage of the tools out there... use spirit traps and blades along with your own. I have a life wizard and have learned how to make her pretty powerful. It takes practice and learning the little nuances of each school.
As for storm...work on your gear/pets to get that accuracy up. My storm wizard rarely fizzles.
And yes, I LOVE ice.
and Death as well for the damage and self-healing capabilities. :)

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
True, though we do need a few new life spells life is my secondary and i finished it quick i have sancuary and i have a few ideas myself i wont post them here though. But if i were to have my way we could have a life spell compatition.life and others would draw spells and e-mail the drawings ti Kingsisle with a way for life to get it in the e-mail life needs more spells i have a life wizard myself but shes in marleybone. so yeah. but she should look foreward to new spell even my ice hsent seen. and yes i saw the gnome, so i need to get her more spells quick anyway thats my sisters wizard.

Best
Vladus Darkcaster lvl 60 ice

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
fx41001 wrote:
Simply put noooooooooo!.

I have many wizards but that would ruin life. I am not sure that you can add much more healing to life. If I used a satyr I can heal myself 1400 or more. We have enough healing!. Though if these were added into the lower lvls that would be great but you cannot make these higher lvl spells for life.

0 pips
100% accuracy
Effect:
Explanation:

They already have this spell for life. Its called guiding light and brilliant light.

Gratitude
2 pips
100% accuracy
Effect:
Explanantion:

Not seeing a reason for this. Only regenerate could really use this, but I do not find myself using it much. Also, It would be sorta pointless. We have enough healing boosts. Lower lever spell.

Elixir
x pips
100% accuracy
Effect:

That is basically dryad, except it is over 3 rounds. Again I find a spell like this would be pointless. I would love to have it, but it would need to be a lower lvl spell.

In my opinion as a life, I find when KI has given us attack spells it makes it easier to compete. Like when life got forest lord for instance or gnomes. If we have an attack the can compete with other schools attacks, Life can fight our way out and battles become easier and are soooo much shorter and we are alright.

If you were to give every other schools attacking but leave life it would be worse for life. What I mean by this is lets say fire or storms next card is 1500 or 1700 * a little extreme but to compete with the resist* and life was given instead a healing card, do you see how life becomes at a disadvantage? Life yet again falls behind on attack cards. Plus with more damage that healing card we get better be insane healing to compete. And if it would be 6 power pips to cast it isn't fair. I could use other weaker healing to get me more direct health and do much more.

I would rather have a fist fight and battle it out per-say and give life a an attack card. It makes a fight fairer, then to try and heal and attack and weaken them to a point where a strong enough card could kill them. People also are starting to notice that and heal before they get into that kill zone making it harder to win. Unless you put enough life dispels on them or use gnomes enough.

People make up expectations for life as in we are only healers to heal other schools to fight. We are a strong school and need power to compete. I hope KI will give us an x pip or a dot spell for life at lvl 78. Or another aoe attack.

Anyways that's just my thoughts.

BLAKE NIGHTWRAITH
NOOOOOO! life needs more healing spells if those spells have high damage then you next healing spell would be able to heal you from those high damage attacks and also when those high hit spells come out then everyone would have more health.