Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This problem is the worst one ever

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
It took me and a balance plus a death and a myth person alone in waterworks and we made it to the final boss Sylster Glowstorm in like 4 hours!!! (it was difficult) and at the end the balance fled and i died the death said you are stupid and he didnt heal me! he said he couldnt but he lied because he healed the myth person! and he healed him like 10 times but never healed me

Your saying i worked 4 hours for nothing!!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
It sounds like you were unprepared for the encounter,since it took you 4 hours,which is about 3 hours too long. I'm also guessing the death didn't heal you,and called you names,from a lack of proper battlefield strategy. That is just a guess from the information you presented though.
Do yourself,and your group a favor. There are numerous threads about boss encounters,and how to deal with them on the internet. Go and familiarize yourself with them,and make certain everyone in your group knows them,and acts accordingly. It will make for a much faster and efficient experience.
I am curious though. What in your ill-prepared encounter, makes it worthy of being "This problem is the worst one ever"?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
peachesdude wrote:
It took me and a balance plus a death and a myth person alone in waterworks and we made it to the final boss Sylster Glowstorm in like 4 hours!!! (it was difficult) and at the end the balance fled and i died the death said you are stupid and he didnt heal me! he said he couldnt but he lied because he healed the myth person! and he healed him like 10 times but never healed me

That's not a problem KI can fix. You have a problem with the people you entered the dungeon with.

My suggestion: Put them on ignore and try a different, more experienced team. Also, could the Death's characterization of you be a result of not following the "cheat rules?" Players usually don't deliberatly heal someone, because they are more dangerous to the group alive.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Pyrsik wrote:
It sounds like you were unprepared for the encounter,since it took you 4 hours,which is about 3 hours too long. I'm also guessing the death didn't heal you,and called you names,from a lack of proper battlefield strategy. That is just a guess from the information you presented though.
Do yourself,and your group a favor. There are numerous threads about boss encounters,and how to deal with them on the internet. Go and familiarize yourself with them,and make certain everyone in your group knows them,and acts accordingly. It will make for a much faster and efficient experience.
I am curious though. What in your ill-prepared encounter, makes it worthy of being "This problem is the worst one ever"?

No offence, but you kinda sound rude there.

Alura Mythshade level 50 Necromancer
Calamity Orgeblossom level 35 Theurgist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
This is kinda a Ravenwood or The Commons topic, but...
You certainly had a lot of dedication trying to complete the task you set for yourself!
Four hours in an instance is quite a commitment.
It is a kinda difficult problem to deal with, intense dungeons, not very nice teammates/players, but....
I'd like to make a couple suggestions...
1. Never, ever expect * other wizards to heal people they don't know...and...
2. Always, always bank a card in your hand, if you can, to heal yourself, or, be a game changer, or...
3. Have at least one really good friend you can count on to go through dungeons with.
4. Try again.
5. Ask PVP friends to help you.
I've always found that friends I met in PVP are very good friends, because they generally enjoy winning. They also usually adapt to things better on the fly, and keep tricks/game changers in their sideboards.
Anyways.. don't look at it as the "worst" problem ever.
Try again.
There are a lot of players who would be more than glad to have friends that have the same type of dedication to winning you were attempting. :)
Technically, tho' it isn't a KI/bug problem.
Just a friend/player problem.
To encourage you, I say... try again, ask around for some help, read up on the dungeon/instance, don't give up and keep your chin up! You can complete it! Really, you can!

Edit- * for school slandering

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
peachesdude wrote:

Altho you don't say what school your wizard is I assume not life. I can say as a Life wizard I have been though WaterWorks with a different group every time and sometimes it's a easy go and sometimes not, it is all about the team. My first try at it I had me and a Fire wizard end up alone after the first 2 fights, we made it though but during the final fight we each had to take turns doing a walk back in after getting health and mana, it was a very long fight but we prevailed, something you should of done if you had the time to was leave and walk back in to fight to finish. Since that I have had totally mixed results, some breezed though and other long drawn out but no one had to walk back in because I was able to keep everyone alive. Although even long for some children to get though the area should not take longer then an hour, even at that it's a long time to be stuck in constant battle for some.

I totally disagree with anyone calling anyone stupid, it's a game for petes sake, I totally stop that kind of talk when I run though it with anyone, most all my friends do not play the game aggressively and I would never say that. More over they should of been recommending how to get though the dungeon, it does require some team work to make it go smoothly, no communication on how to fight leads to problems.

My take on this is chalk it up to experience and move on, eventually you will find a team that is better at it and can drag you though no matter what you play like or will communicate more to you on how to get though it. For me finally after many times I did get the last piece of gear the robe but the fight did run very long, I did it with a menu chat, death who fought very poorly so I ended up having to kill also and another life guy who never been in before and had no idea why he was there, didn't know about the gear, he ran as fighter and had to leave in the final fight.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
peachesdude wrote:

@peachesdude,

Some suggestions:

1) Never go into the Waterworks with strangers.
2) Never go into the Waterworks without knowing the rules.
3) Never expect anyone, especially a Necromancer, to heal you in WW.
4) Never stay in the Waterworks for more than 2 hours. If it takes that long, you're doomed with Luska and Sylster.
5) Mark your spot outside the Waterworks for easy re-entry if you need it.

Bottom line, you have to be prepared for the Waterworks. It is not a dungeon to take lightly; a successful WW experience requires respect, preparedness, and a reliable team.

Good Luck next time!

Qbb/Iridian/Moira/Rowan/Scarlet, Waterworks Warriors

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
peachesdude wrote:

Sorry, but it was your fault for one thing. Yuo should've just fled, stocked up on some potions, come into the dungeon sigil by yourself, and join their fight.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
peachesdude wrote:

@peachesdude,

Some suggestions:

1) Never go into the Waterworks with strangers.
2) Never go into the Waterworks without knowing the rules.
3) Never expect anyone, especially a Necromancer, to heal you in WW.
4) Never stay in the Waterworks for more than 2 hours. If it takes that long, you're doomed with Luska and Sylster.
5) Mark your spot outside the Waterworks for easy re-entry if you need it.

Bottom line, you have to be prepared for the Waterworks. It is not a dungeon to take lightly; a successful WW experience requires respect, preparedness, and a reliable team.

Good Luck next time!

Qbb/Iridian/Moira/Rowan/Scarlet, Waterworks Warriors

I agree.
And this is not a glitch and shouldn't be posted in Halston's Lab. This is game play...
I hope you have better luck next time!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
At most, before level 70 was achievable, it took me 20 minutes to an hour. Be prepared, know their cheats, and know what strategy to use. There are many walkthrough online (Youtube, google, etc.)

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
This isn't really a bug or glitch, so it should be posted in Ravenwood Commons. As for the situation, I, personally, never go into Waterworks with strangers. Takes me two hours, tops. Except for first time, that took all night and only gave me my robe, lol.