Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some things to change about Storm

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Since Storm has gotten a huge book load of a history for nerfs, this is what I think is fair and only fair for Storm wizards: Their damage boost with Zafarian gear should give more damage boost then the WW gear
Storm's critical should be higher
Armor Pierce should be higher
Stormblade should be 35%
Storm Trap should be 30%
Windstorm should be 25%

Storm should have its way of power. Sirens has gone too weak, in fact it only did 600 damage on me. That's a waste of 9 pips. Now, Storm should be boosted up for all the nerfs they've gotten. At least these boosts would help Storm be the power school again. I really want Storm to be the school that I think is really cool and interesting to play, now it's too easy to defeat and too weak. Many people will complain about Storm after these changes, I know. But, this would bring balance to Storm wizards in PvP. They should be he damager school they are, not the weak, low healthed, easily shielded and stopped, low resist, high damage boost, high damage spells, low boost school. Storm should be powerful all the way! The way it used to be, powerful but dies off fast. Like real lightning: Comes and strikes quickly, then dies off fast. Storm should have its way back in pvp :-)

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
There are reasons why the Utilities you mentioned are too overpowered. Storm shouldn't even have to use a blade to inflict lasting damage, I can easily do over 1200 with an unbuffed Triton, and 900 with a Kraken. The same applies for almost every Diviner. Sirens works fine the way it is, you probably had a shield up.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Since Storm has gotten a huge book load of a history for nerfs, this is what I think is fair and only fair for Storm wizards:

Please cite specific instances of Storm "nerfing". I'd like to know the entire history please.

joujou11cool wrote:
Their damage boost with Zafarian gear should give more damage boost then the WW gear

Everyone loses damage on the Zafarian gear.

joujou11cool wrote:

They can already obtain a score of 210 or more. That represents an approximate 42% chance of critical. How high, exactly, do you think it should be?

joujou11cool wrote:

Higher, or on more of the gear for storm?

joujou11cool wrote:
Stormblade should be 35%
Storm Trap should be 30%
Windstorm should be 25%

Would their corresponding gear damage boosts be lower to compensate?

joujou11cool wrote:
Storm should have its way of power. Sirens has gone too weak, in fact it only did 600 damage on me. That's a waste of 9 pips.

With a base damage of 880, you should be asking yourself why exactly the damage was so low as opposed to complaining that the spell is too weak.

joujou11cool wrote:
Now, Storm should be boosted up for all the nerfs they've gotten.

Again, please cite the "nerfs".

joujou11cool wrote:
At least these boosts would help Storm be the power school again. I really want Storm to be the school that I think is really cool and interesting to play, now it's too easy to defeat and too weak.

The issue isn't with damage capacity, its in the players themselves. Storm still has all the tools to be the big damage school. In PvE, for instance, I routinely see Sirens hit everyone for over 4000.

joujou11cool wrote:
Many people will complain about Storm after these changes, I know. But, this would bring balance to Storm wizards in PvP. They should be he damager school they are, not the weak, low healthed, easily shielded and stopped, low resist, high damage boost, high damage spells, low boost school. Storm should be powerful all the way! The way it used to be, powerful but dies off fast. Like real lightning: Comes and strikes quickly, then dies off fast. Storm should have its way back in pvp :-)

*sigh* A good storm player is already these things. How much, exactly, did the storm you fought blade before they hit you with Sirens? Did they use supercharge? How about a storm elf? Did they use disarm and leviathan in any sort of a strategic way? Did they layer their blades and use combo attacks?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Since Storm has gotten a huge book load of a history for nerfs, this is what I think is fair and only fair for Storm wizards:

Please cite specific instances of Storm "nerfing". I'd like to know the entire history please.

Seriously? You have not seen since Celestia was released, the first major change was WildBolt.

Now, I understand this change, especially since Storm was given such high accuracy boosts. Not even sure why this was done, but so be it.

Storm was then given a 10,100, or 1000 damage spell, but we have been through that debate and it's usefulness enough as it is.

Yes, I agree, Storm did get a huge boost in damage, from 45% at Grandmaster to 90% at Legendary, I can not deny that.
Damage for Health no problem!

Then came Wintertusk with it's new spells. Supercharge, which is such a horrible idea if there ever was one. And Insane Bolt, which does not use storms damage boost, but hits for 1000 damage minus the possible global resistance, with a chance to backfire and instantly kill the caster with 10000 damage. Now, this spell is only 2 pips and 100% accurate and bypasses storm shields. Finally storm is given a way to bypass those storm shields, although it comes with the ability to defeat yourself.

Now, here we are at Transcended, Sirens was nerfed, Storms Damage boosts have been nerfed more than any other schools.

Now, get this, storm had close to 2000 health at Grandmaster, 2250 at Legendary and now has 2500 at Transcended. Of course, there are trade off where you can get more health, same for any school.

Now, Ice on the other hand, Keeps it's massive resistance, gets more resistance to storm and fire, gets more critical, does not lose nearly as much of a damage boost as any other school and gains in Health.

Ice was 3000 health at Grandmaster, 3500 to 4000 at Legendary, and is now 4000 to 4800 health at Transcended!

So, Ice is given more health and resistance as usual, but not as much damage was taken away?

joujou11cool wrote:
Their damage boost with Zafarian gear should give more damage boost then the WW gear

Yes, some schools more than others! You can do the math, you know this to be true!

joujou11cool wrote:

They can already obtain a score of 210 or more. That represents an approximate 42% chance of critical. How high, exactly, do you think it should be?

At what expense of having 210 critical? You know this as well as I do, there are trade offs!
Same goes for Ice, Ice can raise their Critical stats, but at what cost!

joujou11cool wrote:

Well, higher for storm, that is for sure!

joujou11cool wrote:
Stormblade should be 35%
Storm Trap should be 30%
Windstorm should be 25%

They already are being lowered and the spells are being lowered in power as well.

joujou11cool wrote:
Storm should have its way of power. Sirens has gone too weak, in fact it only did 600 damage on me. That's a waste of 9 pips.

With a base damage of 880, you should be asking yourself why exactly the damage was so low as opposed to complaining that the spell is too weak.

joujou11cool wrote:

joujou11cool wrote:
At least these boosts would help Storm be the power school again. I really want Storm to be the school that I think is really cool and interesting to play, now it's too easy to defeat and too weak.

The issue isn't with damage capacity, its in the players themselves. Storm still has all the tools to be the big damage school. In PvE, for instance, I routinely see Sirens hit everyone for over 4000.

Sure you will see that, in PvE now, hardly anything ever casts a storm shield anymore. However, try that in PvP, where Storm shield is cast almost every other round!

joujou11cool wrote:
Many people will complain about Storm after these changes, I know. But, this would bring balance to Storm wizards in PvP. They should be he damager school they are, not the weak, low healthed, easily shielded and stopped, low resist, high damage boost, high damage spells, low boost school. Storm should be powerful all the way! The way it used to be, powerful but dies off fast. Like real lightning: Comes and strikes quickly, then dies off fast. Storm should have its way back in pvp :-)

*sigh* A good storm player is already these things. How much, exactly, did the storm you fought blade before they hit you with Sirens? Did they use supercharge? How about a storm elf? Did they use disarm and leviathan in any sort of a strategic way? Did they layer their blades and use combo attacks?

You already know the awnser to those questions. So, why ask?
Sirens is 9 pips, if on a 4v4 teams, where earthquake can be used, and storm lives long enough to cast sirens, it can do some serious damage is properly bladed, there is no denying that.

However, it's damage has been reduced, while other spells gained in damage. Storm has lost more damage boost with the zafaria gear release than any other school. Yes, it gains more critical than any other school, but every school can get excessive critical block!

Where and when do the ends justify the means? What good is having a lot of critical, if it is always blocked?

You said that yourself with Ice!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
There are reasons why the Utilities you mentioned are too overpowered. Storm shouldn't even have to use a blade to inflict lasting damage, I can easily do over 1200 with an unbuffed Triton, and 900 with a Kraken. The same applies for almost every Diviner. Sirens works fine the way it is, you probably had a shield up.

Nope, no shield up.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

joujou11cool wrote:

joujou11cool wrote:

joujou11cool wrote:

joujou11cool wrote:
Stormblade should be 35%
Storm Trap should be 30%
Windstorm should be 25%

joujou11cool wrote:

joujou11cool wrote:

joujou11cool wrote:

joujou11cool wrote:

Storm's nerfing:
Wild Bolt
Sirens
Resist (On Ww gear)

Btw, I don't care if Storm gets boosted or what, I got the boosts from another person, but the health has to be boosted a bit.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
darthjt wrote:

And Insane Bolt, which does not use storms damage boost, but hits for 1000 damage minus the possible global resistance, with a chance to backfire and instantly kill the caster with 10000 damage. Now, this spell is only 2 pips and 100% accurate and bypasses storm shields. Finally storm is given a way to bypass those storm shields, although it comes with the ability to defeat yourself.

This is actually not true. Insane Bolt does use Storm's damage boost. I was just recently hit with an I-Bolt for around 1200 (considering my gear resist).

darthjt wrote:

Now, here we are at Transcended, Sirens was nerfed, Storms Damage boosts have been nerfed more than any other schools.

Now, get this, storm had close to 2000 health at Grandmaster, 2250 at Legendary and now has 2500 at Transcended. Of course, there are trade off where you can get more health, same for any school.

Now, Ice on the other hand, Keeps it's massive resistance, gets more resistance to storm and fire, gets more critical, does not lose nearly as much of a damage boost as any other school and gains in Health.

Ice was 3000 health at Grandmaster, 3500 to 4000 at Legendary, and is now 4000 to 4800 health at Transcended!

Seems to me that's a wide scale of health your allowing for Ice but a very precise and fixed amount of health for Storm you're using to compare? I don't know if that's a bad thing or not, just thought I'd try to help by pointing it out.

darthjt wrote:

So, Ice is given more health and resistance as usual, but not as much damage was taken away?

From Ice? I've seen the new gear equipped on somebody and it is around about a 15% damage drop to about 30% when putting on the new crafted gear. It used to be anywhere from 43-45% or so.

Wanting more damage taken away form Ice isn't a solution. They already have the lowest of all schools from gear. You should know they rely pretty hard on Balefrost and Blades to ever to do any real damage.

darthjt wrote:

However, it's damage has been reduced, while other spells gained in damage.

Consider the nature of the Zafaria spells, though, and how hard it is to compare them...

Sirens is the only straight up AoE. The only other AoE is a Rain of Fire, a DoT (which by your own admission are always stronger, though perhaps in this case maybe a little too much stronger?).

All the other spells aren't even comparable, being single hit. Mammoth, for one more pip, still lags a hundred and thirty (and at best! at best 130!) behind Leviathan, which is a pip cheaper. Basilisk apes Leviathan in damage (but still: for one pip more to do 120 more and spread out in damage over time). Chimera hasn't even caught up to Leviathan yet, 10 points behind for one more pip. Gnomes! and Dr. Von's Monster? 780-880 and 820, respectively. Seriously? At nine pips?

In four out of six cases the school spells haven't even caught up to Leviathan yet. And in the other two cases, they are damage over time spells.

The only reasonable conclusion one can draw from what you suggest is the game needs a widespread nerfing of all upper level (cut off at level 48, we'll say) over time damage spells. It's the only way I can see of resolving such complaints.

And just so you don't accuse me of favoring Balance again: Give Storm and Life DoTs. Let Balance be the only school to remain unDoT'ed. Fine. If that's what it takes...

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
jojowild23 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

And Insane Bolt, which does not use storms damage boost, but hits for 1000 damage minus the possible global resistance, with a chance to backfire and instantly kill the caster with 10000 damage. Now, this spell is only 2 pips and 100% accurate and bypasses storm shields. Finally storm is given a way to bypass those storm shields, although it comes with the ability to defeat yourself.

This is actually not true. Insane Bolt does use Storm's damage boost. I was just recently hit with an I-Bolt for around 1200 (considering my gear resist)

This is incorrect. Insane Bolt does not use Storm damage boost. Insane Bolt is boosted by universal damage boosts (the fists with no school icon next to it). That's what your opponent used to increase Insane Bolt damage, since universal boosts all schools including Moon damage.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
kingurz wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

This is actually not true. Insane Bolt does use Storm's damage boost. I was just recently hit with an I-Bolt for around 1200 (considering my gear resist)

This is incorrect. Insane Bolt does not use Storm damage boost. Insane Bolt is boosted by universal damage boosts (the fists with no school icon next to it). That's what your opponent used to increase Insane Bolt damage, since universal boosts all schools including Moon damage.

OK I checked this out just to make sure.

How did my Storm just hit for 2000 on an Insane Bolt treasure card (1125) with no critical?

Storm gear damage boost does factor into Insane Bolt. Sorry.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

Nope, no shield up.
If that's the case, then it's the Diviner's fault. Probably the "siren" song of health boosts won them over and they neglected their damage. I have seen Diviners with a mere 40% damage at Legendary, but 2800 health to make up for it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
jojowild23 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

How did my Storm just hit for 2000 on an Insane Bolt treasure card (1125) with no critical?

I stand corrected. I had forgotten this spelled was changed to act more like the Spectral Blast and Hydra for Balance. I didn't use this spell much beyond the Wintertusk introduction, because of the side effects while soloing.

Although, personally, I believe it shouldn't be that way, since Storm is not Balance and should not have mastery of more than one school without the use of a Mastery Amulet.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
jojowild23 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

This is actually not true. Insane Bolt does use Storm's damage boost. I was just recently hit with an I-Bolt for around 1200 (considering my gear resist).

darthjt wrote:

Seems to me that's a wide scale of health your allowing for Ice but a very precise and fixed amount of health for Storm you're using to compare? I don't know if that's a bad thing or not, just thought I'd try to help by pointing it out.

darthjt wrote:

From Ice? I've seen the new gear equipped on somebody and it is around about a 15% damage drop to about 30% when putting on the new crafted gear. It used to be anywhere from 43-45% or so.

Wanting more damage taken away form Ice isn't a solution. They already have the lowest of all schools from gear. You should know they rely pretty hard on Balefrost and Blades to ever to do any real damage.

darthjt wrote:

Consider the nature of the Zafaria spells, though, and how hard it is to compare them...

Sirens is the only straight up AoE. The only other AoE is a Rain of Fire, a DoT (which by your own admission are always stronger, though perhaps in this case maybe a little too much stronger?).

All the other spells aren't even comparable, being single hit. Mammoth, for one more pip, still lags a hundred and thirty (and at best! at best 130!) behind Leviathan, which is a pip cheaper. Basilisk apes Leviathan in damage (but still: for one pip more to do 120 more and spread out in damage over time). Chimera hasn't even caught up to Leviathan yet, 10 points behind for one more pip. Gnomes! and Dr. Von's Monster? 780-880 and 820, respectively. Seriously? At nine pips?

In four out of six cases the school spells haven't even caught up to Leviathan yet. And in the other two cases, they are damage over time spells.

The only reasonable conclusion one can draw from what you suggest is the game needs a widespread nerfing of all upper level (cut off at level 48, we'll say) over time damage spells. It's the only way I can see of resolving such complaints.

And just so you don't accuse me of favoring Balance again: Give Storm and Life DoTs. Let Balance be the only school to remain unDoT'ed. Fine. If that's what it takes...

Chimera does 340 per head. 340x3 is 1020. Exact same damage as Leviathan. So yes, Balance has caught up to Storm.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

Nope, no shield up.
If that's the case, then it's the Diviner's fault. Probably the "siren" song of health boosts won them over and they neglected their damage. I have seen Diviners with a mere 40% damage at Legendary, but 2800 health to make up for it.

Yes, it is the wizard's fault. Giving up for critical and health.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Storm's nerfing:
Wild Bolt
Sirens
Resist (On Ww gear)

I'll give you wild bolt. Sirens being changed in test realm hardly constitutes nerfing. I also fail to see how giving storm global resist with large damage boosts on the waterworks gear is nerfing.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
kingurz wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

I stand corrected. I had forgotten this spelled was changed to act more like the Spectral Blast and Hydra for Balance. I didn't use this spell much beyond the Wintertusk introduction, because of the side effects while soloing.

Although, personally, I believe it shouldn't be that way, since Storm is not Balance and should not have mastery of more than one school without the use of a Mastery Amulet.

Well, if it was indeed changed, I have not used insane bolt, in like forever, but that is a good thing, since everything else is being nerfed about storm and since nobody seems to want storm to have a DoT spell.

And since Ice is getting incredible resistance to storm, for this spell to be moon damage and gets storms boosts, that levels the playing field some.

Historian
May 01, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Well, if it was indeed changed, I have not used insane bolt, in like forever, but that is a good thing, since everything else is being nerfed about storm and since nobody seems to want storm to have a DoT spell.

And since Ice is getting incredible resistance to storm, for this spell to be moon damage and gets storms boosts, that levels the playing field some.

I have said this before, at this level, based on how much damage DoTs usually do, if storm gets a DoT, the damage will be HUGE, cost a lot of pips, and to me, just be there for show (I am a fire), unless you get an angle type DoT, then it might be a bit better. Also, you say that storm is getting increadibly high resistance like it is the ONLY school that has it, in truth, storm has it MUCH easier than fire, because they dont have a DoT (yet...), and are able to use converts effectively. How many pyromancers have you seen going up and down the forum complaining that fire is getting nerfed because of the new gear, now compare that to storm...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I have said this before, at this level, based on how much damage DoTs usually do, if storm gets a DoT, the damage will be HUGE, cost a lot of pips, and to me, just be there for show (I am a fire), unless you get an angle type DoT, then it might be a bit better. Also, you say that storm is getting increadibly high resistance like it is the ONLY school that has it, in truth, storm has it MUCH easier than fire, because they dont have a DoT (yet...), and are able to use converts effectively. How many pyromancers have you seen going up and down the forum complaining that fire is getting nerfed because of the new gear, now compare that to storm...

I will give you the fact that fire could use an AoE that is not a DoT spell.
However, I don't quite see your point on how storm has it easier than Fire, when fire has no problems with shields at all. Fire has many ways to remove shields and can heal while attacking. Plus Fire has more health than storm, more critical block than storm, almost as good of critical, at 180, have even seen 210 for fire.

You don't see Fire complaining, because they have strong single attacks and DoT attacks. They have choices, whereas storm does not have the same choices.

Now, as for Gtarhannon, Storm's Siren spell used to have 40 more damage and give 2 decrease accuracy charms, which has been reduced. So, after Storm casts Sirens, pets will usually eat those decrease in accuracy charms up casting spritely, making them null and void! And a whole 1 loss of blade! Totally worth just casting storm lord, which stuns, enchanted with Colossal and then a Tempest enchanted with Colossal, which will do a lot more damage!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
darthjt wrote:

That might be true, but is it the right answer to give Storm an ability that use to be a Balance exclusive? Balance is the only school that deals damage with limited shields to defend with (and part of the reason their damage isn't extremely high). Storm boosting Moon Damage gives them the same capability, but the capacity to double it. Yes, there is a drawback with Insane Bolt, but what if new spells with Moon Damage is introduced?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Storm's nerfing:
Wild Bolt
Sirens
Resist (On Ww gear)

I'll give you wild bolt. Sirens being changed in test realm hardly constitutes nerfing. I also fail to see how giving storm global resist with large damage boosts on the waterworks gear is nerfing.

It used to be 28, now lowered to 26%.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
slammer111 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

What is an angle type DoT?

Storm has it easier than fire are you kidding? I disagree. I think Storm currently has the short end in 1v1 PvP and they need something to compete. Just don't think DoT is the solution to everything that most people think it is.

Part of the problem with Storm is the way KI designed the WW outfit: Atomic Storm Power! basically. Plus, the fact that they can in that outfit cast Satyr with greater accuracy than a Life wizard (huh? KI? anybody home!?). Add in pet Storm accuracy...ugh.

So the real issue at stake is KI had to design Storm not to let it have very much spell versatility (DoTs, double hits, what have you) from second to compensate for their atomic capabilities while going first. Other than Ice wizards with outrageous resist, seriously, going second against a Transcended Storm wizard is like standing on a razor with artillery guns zeroed on in you: At any moment, let your guard down and/or fail to cast a shield and you could die.

Yeah, that and KI completely botched the Zafaria crafted gear for everybody except Ice.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:

Lets be fair here. You are talking about a general mob in Zafaria with no shield, no universal resistance, and coupled with a critical hit. How is this senario like PvP exactly?

In PvP a storm mage can expect 30-40 universal resistance. Storm can expect a shield often, and lots of them to deal with. Where if they are scoring a critical then either A, they got very very luck or B, it was an arena mismatch where a pre 50 when against a post 50.

jojowild23 wrote:

Really? These are your proofs as to why we need a cut across the top of all schools?
Please compare death's drain spells against all spells of equal pips again.
Please compare damage output per pip for life historically.
Please compare damage per pip of storm vs the next most damaging school (fire) again.
Please reread the entire list of effect of basilisk and leviathan again.
Please redo your math on chimera.

slammer111 wrote:

This is under the assumption that storm's rank 10 will be DoT. Yes, giving storm a rank 10 DoT would be bad. Probably not for any reason you are thinking, but simply because it would not solve one of storm's inherent weakness that isn't plainly obvious to a player starting out, and just give storm another flashy, questionably useful, spell. There is no reason there can not be another batch of spells for all school prior to the next rank spell at level 78. There is no reason why this batch of spells must be rank 10. A non rank spell has been a utility spell to give a school an edge is certain situations. A spell that isn't massive power, storm can't get till say level 74, certainly is utility imo.

Storm is much easier? Then do tell, what the rest of us are doing wrong. Shield against fire? HA! Let me add a little fuel to the fire there. Ah, nice and roasted. I have found fire to be much harder to deal with, from either end of the wand as it were.

Now that I got that outta my system, to the original proposition of this thread.

joujou11cool wrote:

Stormblade should be 35%
Storm Trap should be 30%
Windstorm should be 25%

Higher critical rating? For it to be high enough to matter we are talking about at least, least mind you, doubling current max. If KI did that, the computers that host these forums would catch fire as the people crawled out of the wood work to complain.

Additionally, this may be self adjusting. Remember the divider that is used on each piece of gear we wear is changed one item type at a time as we gain more levels. Back at level 60 the divider was 4, at 70 it is 5. Therefor at 80 we can expect the divider to be 6. If KI doesn't make for massive increases in universal block rating, then storm will effectively crit more.

As to the rest? Not gonna happen, and it shouldn't. The ratings of these spells work just fine when a diviner does first get them. To change these base values would unbalance the very core of the game.

joujou11cool wrote:

Storm should have its way of power. Sirens has gone too weak, in fact it only did 600 damage on me.

That was the fault of the player, else he bit of more than he/she could chew.

joujou11cool wrote:

They should be he damager school they are, not the weak, low healthed, easily shielded and stopped, low resist, high damage boost, high damage spells, low boost school. Storm should be powerful all the way! The way it used to be, powerful but dies off fast. Like real lightning: Comes and strikes quickly, then dies off fast. Storm should have its way back in pvp :-)

The only thing in this last I can agree with is easily shielded. That is the inherent weakness of storm I was hinting at earlier. The rest of this?

Low health - Always have been, always will be. Not gonna change.
Low resist - And what are you comparing this to? Ice? Well then yeah, storm will be lower. Again never gonna change. Everyone else? Storm is about on par. This all subject to gear choices since no resistance is inherent.
High Damage Boost - Doesn't need more, storm has the highest base damage per pip cost. To change Storm Blade would massively unbalance the game.
Powerful All the way, Storm should have its way back in pvp - Seriously? You are asking that KI make storm a god class? Every class has, has had, and will have, weakness to counter the inherit strengths of the school. Other wise every time some new player joins and asks "What is the best school?" Everyone will scream "Storm!" And guess what, slowly that is all you would ever see. Was it really necessary to spell this out?

I didn't touch higher base pierce since I am unsure of this. Certainly with current gear styles, giving storm enough pierce, when coupled with star and sun for an additional 30%, so there is no way to shield from such a designed storm wizard would be a valid style. Then in PvP the storm's tactic would not be predictable. Giving us two vastly different PvP style wizards. I hedge away from such a choice since said such mage would have no resistance (barring the well timed shield, and some slight resistance from a pet) and we have only exacerbated the inherent race storm is in during any duel be it PvP or PvE.

What storm could use is either
A) A mid rank AoE DoT spell. Yeah, yeah fires, chill.
The main purpose of that this is to remove shields, so fire elf damage output would be in line. By making it AoE storm hasn't painted his/her target, and telegraphed "I am about to seriously hurt you."
or
B) To not have to choose between gear with resistance or gear with pierce.
Storm must have it's resistance, I don't see how this isn't obvious. Storm looses because it can't deal enough damage fast enough to over come the greater proportional loss of life of spell they are loosing per incoming spell.

No, storm should not get massive pierce gear with any meaningful resistance. Then we are talking about unbalancing the game as every storm retools to maximize infallible and extraordinary. Then everyone else's resistance has to go through the roof to stop just some of storm's damage. More fair would be enough pierce so that when you add in star and sun pierce, resistance from gear is negated. Then storm is back to turning to scoring and un-shielded hit, or simply trying to overwhelm the opposing mage's defenses with sheer raw damage.

The path for no school should be obvious, with only one workable play style. That limits creativity (which is supposed to be a storm wizard strong suit), and make them predictable. Predictability is crippling when against something with thought. Like a person in PvP.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
i think if yuo weak if ki keps weaking storm there will be no storm it will just be the typ that is weak has bad rare cast spells and has low health

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
If you want to know the nerfs, here you go:
Tempest(Used to hit 100 or 90 or something I forgot)
Wild Bolt (This one is seriously understandable)
They created Insane Bolt
Waterworks gear resist got lowered down a bit
Some Triton TC's hit less then 920-1000 now.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

darthjt wrote:

darthjt wrote:

darthjt wrote:

Chimera does 340 per head. 340x3 is 1020. Exact same damage as Leviathan. So yes, Balance has caught up to Storm.

Leviathan does 1030 damage and costs 8 pips.
Chimera does 1020 damage and costs 9 pips.

Balance hasn't "caught up" to Storm. It's not the point of the Balance school to "catch up" to anybody.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
archmage987 wrote:

jojowild23 wrote:

Really? These are your proofs as to why we need a cut across the top of all schools?
Please compare death's drain spells against all spells of equal pips again.
Please compare damage output per pip for life historically.
Please compare damage per pip of storm vs the next most damaging school (fire) again.
Please reread the entire list of effect of basilisk and leviathan again.
Please redo your math on chimera.

No you misread. These are my proofs on why it is a sticky wicket to look at Sirens as being nerfed through the lens of a comparison to all the other level 78 spells.

I am not trying to compare Death against all spells of equal pips. I am not trying to compare the history of Life's damage per pip.

I am trying to point out that Rain of Fire is a DoT and Sirens is not, so it merely gives the appearance of being "nerfed." And by the way, Efreet vs. Leviathan is the last level we indeed have two spells where the level is even and the type of spell is even. In which case, Efreet's damage per pip: 112. Leviathan's damage per pip: 129. Your point being?

The entire list of effects for Leviathan and Basilisk:

Leviathan-two disarms

Basilisk-stun

your point being?

Ok I'll redo my math on Chimera: 340x3=1020. Wow, that's the same as before when I calculated it! And wow for one more pip to cast the spell it still lags 10 damage points behind Leviathan.

Your point being?