Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What i learned from school is...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
what i learned in my world history class before our winter break started, was that there once was a tribe in Africa during the modern period of civilization named the zulu's. the Zulu's were fierce warriors who used large body shields and hand spears. They didnt often use throwing spears cause their leader shaka zulu thought throwing your enemy a weapon to kill you with was not the brightest idea. Anyways after hearing the most famous leader's name was shaka zulu and being the fan i am made the connection when fighting him with a friend that night. if it had taken me any longer it would have been a full on facepalm. so i wanna ask, has anyone else made this connection or...am...i...wrong..? (which is a likely case.)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
crest712 wrote:
what i learned in my world history class before our winter break started, was that there once was a tribe in Africa during the modern period of civilization named the zulu's. the Zulu's were fierce warriors who used large body shields and hand spears. They didnt often use throwing spears cause their leader shaka zulu thought throwing your enemy a weapon to kill you with was not the brightest idea. Anyways after hearing the most famous leader's name was shaka zulu and being the fan i am made the connection when fighting him with a friend that night. if it had taken me any longer it would have been a full on facepalm. so i wanna ask, has anyone else made this connection or...am...i...wrong..? (which is a likely case.)

Actually, there are some historical relations with wizard101 and real life. Also, with the bands being the "look fors" when Zeke gives you a quest, they're from history too. Katzenstein and Frankenstein have relations. Also, with Big Ben and Grand Ben, real places. The O'leary gang was real I'm pretty sure, also in the 19 hundreds. So, I think you're right about Shaka Zulu, the internet always helps you with answers.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
crest712 wrote:

Im sure your partly right....but as KI would say....

Any chars name be it fictional or fact in the game is clearly accidental....lol

Thanks For Reading....

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Thansk for both your inputs. i realize there are other examples like the afore mentioned, but i was rather excited to learn that just that day i found his origins. again thanks \(^.^)/