Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where's the squirrel?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I realize this is pretty late in mentioning/ bringing up, but i'm confused about wintertusk. In norse mythology there was a world tree yggdrasil on wich sat an eagle, and below it was a wyrm named niohoggr like that of the blue dragon whose name escapes me nithogg i think? Norse mythology also states there was a squirrel named ratatosk. I see grandmother raven as the eagle, and the aofrementioned nithogg? as niohoggr, but i haven't seen a squirrel. It's trivial i just got excited about actually knowing some of the roots of the world without looking it up on wikipedia for once. Wintertusk is also supposed to be awaiting a great winter right? thats fimbulvetr isn't it. I must say nicely done i really love grizzleheim and wintertusk, they're my two favorite worlds!

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
crest712 wrote:
I realize this is pretty late in mentioning/ bringing up, but i'm confused about wintertusk. In norse mythology there was a world tree yggdrasil on wich sat an eagle, and below it was a wyrm named niohoggr like that of the blue dragon whose name escapes me nithogg i think? Norse mythology also states there was a squirrel named ratatosk. I see grandmother raven as the eagle, and the aofrementioned nithogg? as niohoggr, but i haven't seen a squirrel. It's trivial i just got excited about actually knowing some of the roots of the world without looking it up on wikipedia for once. Wintertusk is also supposed to be awaiting a great winter right? thats fimbulvetr isn't it. I must say nicely done i really love grizzleheim and wintertusk, they're my two favorite worlds!

Again Any similarity in Chars or history or Myth is purely in sequential....lol
But Good eye non the less....

Thanks For Reading....

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Heh. Much as I love Ratatosk, myself, my disappointment with Wintertusk was that Mimir wasn't a talking head at the bottom of the well... Getting a grumpy ghost-bear was a bit of a letdown after expecting a wisecrackin' head that sat around in the well of wisdom.

But, yes, there's a lot of details from Wintertusk that are parallel to the Viking mythology - so play Wizard101, kids, you learn tons of stuff!

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
yeah thanks for your answer, i just wanted to see if maybe i was somewhat right.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Wasn't Mimir a giant who taught Sigfreid(spelling may be off)?
Though i like that in Ravenscar that Muninn was a raven
But where is Huginn?(Muninn and Huginn where the birds of Odin telling him about Migard aka norse land )
But they should allow Mythology god names like Odin Loki Thor Hades Anubis and more

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
shhh. shhh. shhhh.
*whispers*
They have to be careful not to cross the PC line...
*end whisper*

These days Politically Correct is in fashion.
We are rather fortunate that Wizard101 can get away with magic... Otherwise we would all be, "magicians," with, "psychic," powers.

Just about everything is going to be a little off. Lest, additional, zealots from out of nowhere start bashing the game. It is bad enough that some groups consider any mention of magic to be an act of demonic sedition. We don't need a group attacking the game for misrepresenting their deity(s).