Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kingsile Works Its Magic

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 17, 2011
Wizard101 is an epic game. What is your favorite thing about it? Mine is the hilarious little bits, like the pet cyclops dance, or the gobbler king.

Saffron Firehunter

If thy has a mind, thy does not need much else.

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I personally had the most fun with the game up until around the middle of Mooshu, I had a small group of friends and we did many battles together, unfortunately most where younger folks and tired of the game when they couldn't wear the cool out fits and had to figure out deck construction, pretty much where most of the real family fun ends and more serious game play starts.

Altho I have completed the game it did become more stressful and for the few friends that remained time on the game for them shortened as mine has also and they eventually stopped playing. Since then I have not really had such friends, most now just want to use me to complete some or all of their quests and never would be available to help me. I have pretty much soloed since mid Mooshu waiting around for help to come by on the bigger fights I can not solo in a reasonable amount of time.

In the end I guess I like the game or just don't want to be a quitter but know I do not enjoy it for it's fun, stress free play it was back in those days. I have started other wizards to off set boredom but am finding there are certain areas of the game I dread having to get though so that really isn't working all that well for me.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
I love all the links and references to real life stuff: the song titles for quest names, the character names, and the dialogue which is often totally hilarious! A lot of people just rapidly click through the dialogue to get to the next quest, but I like to at least read through it, and it almost always cracks me up. This latest bit with "Hannibal Onetusk" in Zafaria, and the Star Wars lines he tosses out - "Don't get cocky..." make the game just that much more enjoyable.

I love that Cyrus Drake shakes his finger at you when you hit him in the (rare) battles you have with him. I love the way leviathan peeks its head up through the mist; the way the dragon pauses and looks at each of its victims, and the way the pets all have personalities and quirks (Paranoid Forest Lord, Kraken with a cold...)

The music is utterly fantastic. Although I am not a fan of the goofy military-type themes in Celestia or the sense of epic desperation of Dragonspyre, I adore the Wizard City, Krok, Marley, Moo, and especially the Wintertusk and Zafaria music.

The voices are also terrific. I do not often listen *all* they way through what the characters say, but I do know that I have played PC games where I wondered if the voice actors were actually understanding what they were reading.

The scenery, the architecture, the details. All of it beautiful.
All in all, I continue to be impressed with this game. I tend to get bored quickly with things, but so far I cannot get enough W101.

So, yeah. That.
Madeline Soulhaven, Transcended Pyro