Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Connection

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
You've probably seen that chain symbol pop up while you're just minding your own business playing the game. Or maybe you just get exited out and it says "Connecting to server...". I hate that chain symbol and when I just get exited out and the connecting to server messages appears. I had the chain symbol when I was doing a dungeon once. Sometimes you lose connection at the most important times. What's the worst time you've ever lost connection?

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life
Brittany Rainriver level 62 storm

Defender
May 17, 2011
Rihanna12 wrote:
You've probably seen that chain symbol pop up while you're just minding your own business playing the game. Or maybe you just get exited out and it says "Connecting to server...". I hate that chain symbol and when I just get exited out and the connecting to server messages appears. I had the chain symbol when I was doing a dungeon once. Sometimes you lose connection at the most important times. What's the worst time you've ever lost connection?

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life
Brittany Rainriver level 62 storm

well one time i lost it for two hours strait and i could see my wizard but i couldnt move or click or talk. when i tried to move, my firecat just bounced up and down. even worse, i was in a dragonspyre boss battle with my friend.

Saffron Firehunter

If thy has a mind, thy does not need much else.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
blazey11 wrote:
ummm... that never really happened to me...

You've never lost connection? Lucky!

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
worst time i lost connection in a pvp battle on another wiard not a fire that if i won i would get to warlord and i lost connection lost a turn and they won

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
Mine was on the final boss of marleybone (can't recall his name right now) I was just about to cast the death blow, and BAM! Lost connection. I was soooo mad.

Iridian Starmender
Grandmaster Sorceress

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
I had that problem a lot with my old internet provider. It's only happened once with my new provider, but of course at the most inopportune time. I was in Crimson Fields (MooShu Dungeon) and at the end, had already defeated the first boss and was about to cast the final spell against the War (?) Oni and the connection dropped. Internet was down for an hour so had to start over and redo the whole dungeon. What was worse was that I had needed the Oni to get my next spell card and had the request for it for a long time before I was actually to the point I could enter the dungeon.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Was in a battle with 100 health left. Lost connection. Won't get that time of my life back.

Historian
May 01, 2010
I am not sure that this is the worse time, but I do know that it was the weirdest. I was in the drum jungle on test realm, and a girl asked if I had lost connection about 5 minutes ago, and I hadnt, which I thought was weird, because everyone else seemed to have, at that time, and even now, I have thought that you couldnt interact with any characters, npcs, interface, etc. when you lost connection, but everything seemed fine. And of course, a couple minutes later, I saw the disconnect sympbol, and when I got back, I was in a place I was like 30 minutes ago, everything I did after that point still logged, soooo I just shrugged it off, and is still wondering about it...

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Mine was when I was in waterworks and was almost to the first boss and then it just froze and I had to log off. Good news is I restarted it with other people and won but still like 45 minutes of my life wasted. But I have to say waterworks has to be one of the worst places to lose connection or have some sort of computer problem.

Courtney Greenthistle level 68 Legendary Thaumaturge

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
Survivor
Jun 03, 2011
I lost my connection when i was in a pvp match, i only just became commander and i was fighting a private then i got forced to quit and became a captain again :( :( :( :( :( :( :(