Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too many nerfs going on about balance

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
People are complaining about Judgement being too strong, Elemental Shield and Spirit Shield to be decreased, for a Balance Shield to come out, for Balance's health to be a bigger range then Ice' and so on.

Balance is going to get nerfed so hard when more people complain about it. Balance already has to deal with EVERY single shield in the game. YES! EVERY SHIELD now effects Balance's spells. It's really frustrating and so annoying!

Ever since Chimera It's been hard for me to attack. More people are using Glacial/Dream Shields. Wizard101 has gotten to the point where any shield blocks balance. That's why Balance gets a shield for every school! That's why Balance gets that Judgement! That's why Balance gets high health! That's why Balance can attack with other schools! Think about it before you nerf my school.

I'm sick of hearing all these take-downs on Balance. I don't want my Balance wizard that I have been working on for many years now to be gone and not be strong anymore.

It's time that Balance needs power now, it's reached the point where any shield effects their spells and they need something good, quick. Please give Balance a spell that hits 80 damage for the 6 schools so we don't have to deal with shields so much.

I hate it when MY FAVORITE and MOST USED school gets nerfed.

Same as any other Storm wizard that has gotten nerfed like crazy. Sorry if I'm sounding really rude right now, but I don't want my long trained for school to go to waste.

Think before you want to add in/remove something.

And please make a spell that can destroy shields that isn't Myth.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
What has recently been nerfed with Balance? If anything, Balance is the only school to receive an upgrade (Chimera). Do not let these forums or their associated complainers worry you. Every day it doesn't fail that someone complains about something in Wizard101 (certain schools or spells being OP) and asks/demands KI do something about it. Well, KI only does something "if" there is some merit to it and with their own data (not because a few people on the forums say so). Judgment has been around a very long time and KI has let it be. Why would they change it now or any of Balance's other spells?

KI are still the professionals at this, no matter how much amateur, arm-chair quarterbacking is going on.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Balance should not get a way to remove shields, It has too many multi attacks and does not have a school shield. Balance needs to be nerfed, they are way too powerful as it is.

If storm is being nerfed as much as it is, it is only fair to start nerfing other schools to, bring balance back to the game and start nerfing Ice and Balance!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I feel for you on this post, as this is exactly what happened to Storm, and it basically took Storm out of 1v1. Insane Bolt was a nice addition, but I have seen it backfire about 25 percent of the time in Ranked.
Before I continue, I do have a Balance 70, a Storm 67, Ice 70, Death 70, Myth 70, and an Life.
I have to wonder if KI has finally realized how important PvP is, and has tried to really balance things to some degree.

Storm was taken down, but was finally given Insane bolt, which did make a few happy Storm.
Ice was hurt in Wintertusk, but was finally given a one hit spell (at 68) it really needed.
Life was given a monster of a spell, in it’s new 68 spell, and those two life dispels have a serious effect.
Death can boost this spell up to the point of real damage, with a side effect of a huge heal.
Fire and Myth, what can you say, these spells are just as deadly as they come. Shields are just ineffective on these two schools, you just can’t keep them up against a good player.

Now we finally come to Balance, most spells are weak, and we got one good spell, Judgement.
An x pip spell where we are left totally unable to heal, or almost anything else.
Chimera (sp?), is good, and can be trapped and Bladed for a good hit, but shatter is the only way to use it. Once you get to a long battle, you can quickly run out of Shatter, and then where are you.
If you go the route of Feint, tc Feint, Hex, blade, and shatter, you are talking panning for gold all the time or get into growing every day.

So, yeah, Balance is the most disadvantaged school in the game, imo. They don’t need to be hurt anymore in the game, they are weak enough as is.

Joe.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
People are complaining about Judgement being too strong, Elemental Shield and Spirit Shield to be decreased, for a Balance Shield to come out, for Balance's health to be a bigger range then Ice' and so on.

Balance is going to get nerfed so hard when more people complain about it. Balance already has to deal with EVERY single shield in the game. YES! EVERY SHIELD now effects Balance's spells. It's really frustrating and so annoying!

Ever since Chimera It's been hard for me to attack. More people are using Glacial/Dream Shields. Wizard101 has gotten to the point where any shield blocks balance. That's why Balance gets a shield for every school! That's why Balance gets that Judgement! That's why Balance gets high health! That's why Balance can attack with other schools! Think about it before you nerf my school.

I'm sick of hearing all these take-downs on Balance. I don't want my Balance wizard that I have been working on for many years now to be gone and not be strong anymore.

It's time that Balance needs power now, it's reached the point where any shield effects their spells and they need something good, quick. Please give Balance a spell that hits 80 damage for the 6 schools so we don't have to deal with shields so much.

Same as any other Storm wizard that has gotten nerfed like crazy. Sorry if I'm sounding really rude right now, but I don't want my long trained for school to go to waste.

i love balance but, i dont bother with chimera or hydra. shatter is the best spell to use in 1v1 pvp for balance. if you balance blade, hex, and feint, then shatter, if go first you cant loose.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Balance should not get a way to remove shields, It has too many multi attacks and does not have a school shield. Balance needs to be nerfed, they are way too powerful as it is.

If storm is being nerfed as much as it is, it is only fair to start nerfing other schools to, bring balance back to the game and start nerfing Ice and Balance!

Why does any school have to be nerfed..? If people want it to be balanced, than don't "nerf" a school. Just make one better :? As far as storm goes, send a complaint to Kingisle about it. I don't recall anyone complaining about storm's health and attack before Zafaria came out, so Kingsisle made those changes on their own. It wasn't influenced by any posts i can remember.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
kingurz wrote:
What has recently been nerfed with Balance? If anything, Balance is the only school to receive an upgrade (Chimera). Do not let these forums or their associated complainers worry you. Every day it doesn't fail that someone complains about something in Wizard101 (certain schools or spells being OP) and asks/demands KI do something about it. Well, KI only does something "if" there is some merit to it and with their own data (not because a few people on the forums say so). Judgment has been around a very long time and KI has let it be. Why would they change it now or any of Balance's other spells?

KI are still the professionals at this, no matter how much amateur, arm-chair quarterbacking is going on.

Balance is going to get nerfed hard if the complaints go about more...

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

This is what I heard from my friend( Some of it) but it doesn't effect me much. I realized I had the wrong deck on and I couldn't find any elemental spells :x But at least when I equipped my deck, all was good and I'm doing good at PvP again.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011

I actually disagree with you joujou that Balance is being nerfed so much. Your idea that because Chimera was added there are more shields for Balance now doesn't follow through. Those shields have always been there.

darthjt wrote:

How does 2 multi attacks (the one being highly pip inefficient, the other being 9 pips, which is a lot) qualify as too many?

Other than the lack of a shield, how is Balance way too powerful?

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:

I know right?!? Every time they complain and complain about it, ITS JUST A SCHOOL!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:

To many multi attacks? Lets see sandstorm (weak) nova (weak) ra (ok). Balance is becoming the worst school because of all the nerfs... Its to weak now. And balance does need a way to remove shields cause people will just spam shields (which is fine) and balance are going to be pwned. All these nerfs are because of you and people like you who complain because they have no strategy.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

Why is it ok for you to constantly attack and want to nerf storm, not give storm a DoT, but when someone suggests nerfing balance, you go berzerk?

Some say, what is good for the goose, is good for the gander!

Maybe you need to learn, that what goes around, comes around.

Balance in my opinion, could use a balance shield, it would help ground them and keep them from being too powerful!

As you don't want storm to have any type of DoT, because you don't want storm too powerful.

Difference is, Storm does not have a DoT and you do not yet have a Balance shield, so as you said in your own posts, you defeat storm wizards way too easily!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
darthjt wrote:

To many multi attacks? Lets see sandstorm (weak) nova (weak) ra (ok). Balance is becoming the worst school because of all the nerfs... Its to weak now. And balance does need a way to remove shields cause people will just spam shields (which is fine) and balance are going to be pwned. All these nerfs are because of you and people like you who complain because they have no strategy.

Sandstorm is weak? Do you know how to play this game, or how to boost? Sandstorm is far from weak!

And those are AoE spells, not multi-attacks, Hydra and Chimera are multi-attacks, they attack with 3 different schools all in the same round.

Allowing way to many ways for Balance to attack, making others use every possible shield, while if you are storm, or life, you only have to use their shield, making them 1 dimensional and easy to defend against.

WoW, some of you really don't strategize very well or see how easy it is for balance compared to other schools!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
RosamaryH wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Why is it ok for you to constantly attack and want to nerf storm, not give storm a DoT, but when someone suggests nerfing balance, you go berzerk?

Some say, what is good for the goose, is good for the gander!

Maybe you need to learn, that what goes around, comes around.

Balance in my opinion, could use a balance shield, it would help ground them and keep them from being too powerful!

As you don't want storm to have any type of DoT, because you don't want storm too powerful.

Difference is, Storm does not have a DoT and you do not yet have a Balance shield, so as you said in your own posts, you defeat storm wizards way too easily!

I don't care about the shields blocking Balance anymore, I had the wrong deck on so that's in the past. And I'm saying that Storm shouldn't get a DoT because it's not the basic that Storm is suppose to follow. I don't care if the "Balance Shield" comes out because I can get around it anyways.

In this post Balance is going to get nerfed below Storm. Weakening Judge, makeing the Elemental and Spirit Shield 1 pip and also decrease to 25%?! People complain about Balance too much. (I'm not going berserk, but I hate how Storm got nerfed, that's why I made a post about it).

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
hanable33 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

i love balance but, i dont bother with chimera or hydra. shatter is the best spell to use in 1v1 pvp for balance. if you balance blade, hex, and feint, then shatter, if go first you cant loose.

I hate wasting 6 pips.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:

I say that Storm should be boosted up.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Sandstorm is weak? Do you know how to play this game, or how to boost? Sandstorm is far from weak!

And those are AoE spells, not multi-attacks, Hydra and Chimera are multi-attacks, they attack with 3 different schools all in the same round.

Allowing way to many ways for Balance to attack, making others use every possible shield, while if you are storm, or life, you only have to use their shield, making them 1 dimensional and easy to defend against.

WoW, some of you really don't strategize very well or see how easy it is for balance compared to other schools!

Um first I am talking about base damage. Which in that case sandstorm is weak. Don't strategize well??? Are you talking to me?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
darthjt wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Um first I am talking about base damage. Which in that case sandstorm is weak. Don't strategize well??? Are you talking to me?

You do realize that Balance gets the sandstorm spell at level 16, right?

Also, you do realize, that there is no specific Balance shield, right?

So, while meteor and blizzard are being shielded and their damage is reduced by 70 to 80%, sandstorm is going in full effect!

Also, Balance is given power pip chance and damage boost on gear, making it easy for them to cast sandstorm numberous times. Not to mention boosting Sandstorm with monstrous.

While Fire, Storm, and Ice have to struggle to get power pips, deal with shields, etc. Also, Ice does not get anywhere near as much of a boost as balance does and Blizzard damage is not good either and learned at level what? 22 or 26!

What was your point again?