Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Ideas

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, here are a few ideas that will help solve Storm not having a DoT.

A mount, that is like the flying carpet, that is a wave with a surf board, so that you are riding a tempest wave.

It gives 1 card

20 + 60 damage over 3 rounds per pip to all enemies!

Also, treasure cards like storm elf and storm hound could be added to gardening as drops by plants.

Even the new flying tempest can be made into a treasure card!

These are a few things that can be done that will help Balance the game!

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
storm is already dominant enough. your spells are stronger, ztormzilla costs less pips, plus you have several per pip spells. It's not like storm needs a dot.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
darthjt wrote:

A mount, that is like the flying carpet, that is a wave with a surf board, so that you are riding a tempest wave.

It gives 1 card

Also, treasure cards like storm elf and storm hound could be added to gardening as drops by plants.

Why not just have that spell be the new storm pet spell when we each get new pets....

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
darthjt wrote:

It gives 1 card

Lol, so basically a tempest over time. Do you have any idea how an X-pip storm spell over time would be? Well, of course you do, that is why you're asking for it. I'd rather storm get a 100% 2-pips blade, than that kind of over time spell.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:

It gives 1 card

Wild Bolt works well enough for me. And also Storm is meant to hit once as said in the beginning of the game. Plus, that DoT would be Storm's initial hit! It hits pretty hard when multiplied by 14 Exact same damage as Tempest. (Maybe because it is)

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
it does the EXACT same damage as tempest. usually aoe's are stronger than single hits and spells given by items are stronger too. its a really good idea but i think it should be increased to 20+75 damage per pip

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Storm doesn't need a DoT. Storm spells are meant to take out the enemy quickly so that they can't do any damage to the Storm student. Storm has low health, so they must take out guys quickly. A damage over time does not take out enemies quickly.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
eggywig wrote:
Storm doesn't need a DoT. Storm spells are meant to take out the enemy quickly so that they can't do any damage to the Storm student. Storm has low health, so they must take out guys quickly. A damage over time does not take out enemies quickly.

Actually, with the amount of storm shields players use, this would help take out enemies quickly!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
eggywig wrote:

Actually, with the amount of storm shields players use, this would help take out enemies quickly!

Having a double-strike would work a lot better.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
eggywig wrote:

I have stated this in another post joujou!

Yes, either would be fine! Thank you for finally being realistic.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I don't like the idea of mount with stats (I count card as stats) but I wouldn't care either way for a DoT. I get along fine without it.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Defender
Feb 12, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Storm already has a DoT - the storm hound pet casts it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AmericanHappy wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Yes Yes, and there is also a Storm Elf Pet, but, if you read the entire post, my idea was for an AoE DoT... There is a huge difference!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
eggywig wrote:

I have stated this in another post joujou!

Yes, either would be fine! Thank you for finally being realistic.

You're welcome, but what do you mean by realistic? I've known that Storm needed a way to take out Storm Shields for a while.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
darthjt wrote:
AmericanHappy wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Yes Yes, and there is also a Storm Elf Pet, but, if you read the entire post, my idea was for an AoE DoT... There is a huge difference!
I understand the concept but wouldn't that make fire not special