Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Names/Patterns in coloring

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Okay, so I was thinking, what if we had pet names that weren't even remotely names at all? I was thinking Inferno was a good one or maybe Onyx? I think that the pet names availible now are too normal. In the game, nothing but the names are normal! Also, I was thinking that we could add patterns to the pets! In the dye shop. they'd have another tab with a pattern on it. If you click that on one side would be the availible patterns, and on the other would have the colors. The basic patterns would be, all the school emblems, (A leaf, a scale, a skull etc.) flames going up the legs, making the pet look like it's made of water, something for the worlds (A bear's pawprint on the hip, a tree by the eye and on the hip, a fountain on the thigh, etc.) for the rare pets or the ones you can't dye, maybe something big by the eye. For the Ianthane Spectere and pets that wear clothes, a school emblem on their robe or something like that. Any suggestions, comments, ect,?

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Thank you for the support. Anyone else have comments on this topic?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
No offense, but I don't really think a pattern on a pet would be a good idea. Remember the Zebra Piggle? Any wizard could make their Piggle to look like a Zebra Piggle or maybe even a Talented Piggle. Also, with the hybrids, you practically already have them!

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
None taken. True, you can do that, but let's say that if there's already a pattern for one breed of pet, you can't put it on that breed. (ie: A Heckhound can have Zebra stripes but a piggle or dragon can't. ) Or another souloution, you put that marking on a specific part of that pet. (ie: You can have a piggle/dragon with zebra stripes on it's face, legs, stomach etc. But not whole-body stripes.) With the hybrid thing... I don't think all that many people breed because of the prices. (20k to breed a heckhound?? C'mon! That's pretty ridiculous seeing how common it is. No offense intended to KI. ^^")

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Maybe they could deny the stripes on pets that already have the same looking hybrid. This would take a little while to study, draw, and put into the game. And also to fix up the glitches! But, what if the pet's name is yellow ghost or the aqua dragon or whatever, will they be color restricted at times?