Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tree Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
I was thinking that if the level 48 spell is rebirth which summons Bartleby couldn't there be other spells which summon the school trees like summon Mortis?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I don't know...I get why Bartleby was the focus for Rebirth since Life is the magic of nature, but what does Mortis have to do with Death besides the fact that he's the Death tree?

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
My thought had always been that Bartleby was capable of coming to the aid of a Theurgist (or just someone with a treasure card and a lot of pips/life mastery amulet) is that his roots are literally everywhere, holding the Spiral together.

So rather than magically transporting him, as I assume we do with most of the creatures we summon, he simply pops out a smaller, temporary version of himself from the nearest root.

Not to mention, of course, that if the other trees appeared, it would in some way indicate that they would be stronger than Bartleby...

I'd much rather have a spell that summoned Grandmother Raven - maybe in the form of a Moon spell?

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
samywiz123 wrote:
I was thinking that if the level 48 spell is rebirth which summons Bartleby couldn't there be other spells which summon the school trees like summon Mortis?

But then poor blossom wouldn't have a school to go to.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Bookshelvings wrote:
I'd much rather have a spell that summoned Grandmother Raven - maybe in the form of a Moon spell?

Eh...I think Grandmother Raven's too special for just a secondary school spell. I'm not fond of Bartleby being used for a spell, but it's grown on me. If Grandmother Raven was a spell, I'd rather her spell be the complete opposite of Bartleby: a ferocious attack spell of the Death school that caused wizards to quiver in fear at the very mention of its name.