Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More Low Levels Invade Zafaria

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
Greetings fellow wizards,

I've been doing stuff with my Transcended wizard in Zafaria and lately I've been seeing a TON of low level wizards there. This is just like the Celestia case where I've had friends who had like an Initiate port to them and then flee seeing how hard it is. This usually resulted in us dying in combat. Now with Zafaira, the same thing has been happening. I'm in the Elephant Graveyard right now fighting those accursed Shadow-Web Wraiths or whatever-oh how I wish I didn't-and one of my level 8 friends teleports to me and brings in another one! Get this...All of them had full health, which is over 3k. So she flees and I die. Sad right? Seriously, if this place is meant for wizards level 60+ then KI should really fix that. It's unfair to have us all die and yet those low levels get away with it. Ki, please do something.

~Autumn IceGem, Transcended Thaumaturge

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i am beginning to limit who is on my list.
i have removed many as they are notleveled to or have the skill
that are needed to fight in the current world i am in.

sad i have to do it this way but it appears
that i am not able to selectively block porting wizards

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
We can help ourselves by turning off our ports and quickly hitting the esc button to turn them on when we need help. I realize this doesn't control other people having lower level friends port to them.

In Zarfaria KI has made some great strides toward reducing this problem. The only places people can port is to mob battles or safe areas. Most if not all dungeons and instances do not allow porting in to them.

Megan

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
misty0987676 wrote:

I've been doing stuff with my Transcended wizard in Zafaria and lately I've been seeing a TON of low level wizards there. This is just like the Celestia case where I've had friends who had like an Initiate port to them and then flee seeing how hard it is. This usually resulted in us dying in combat. Now with Zafaira, the same thing has been happening. I'm in the Elephant Graveyard right now fighting those accursed Shadow-Web Wraiths or whatever-oh how I wish I didn't-and one of my level 8 friends teleports to me and brings in another one! Get this...All of them had full health, which is over 3k. So she flees and I die. Sad right? Seriously, if this place is meant for wizards level 60+ then KI should really fix that. It's unfair to have us all die and yet those low levels get away with it. Ki, please do something.

I too am having this same problem, a friend of mine has a lower level port in and stick with us for the loot and maybe experience and now he is having an even lower level port into him, being a menu chat is even more difficult. The major problem is some of the fights require help lower levels really can not provide, they always take up the last spots so getting hit with anything is less apt to happen, they do not possess spells that would actually help you defeat some of these monsters and if you do have a higher level you could ask for help they can not because the spots are taken for it. The other night I actually quit questing with my friend because she does not know how to ignore or remove this person and he joined every fight we did bringing in an extra monster for us to kill. Oddly I did not nearly have this much problem when Celestia came out.

I have gone though my friends list and removed lower levels that tend to port to me often because really this is annoying when you are almost done a fight, low on health and they port in and drag another monster into the battle. Some of these fights last long enough as it is with out the added stress of more time added or you being defeated and having to start all over again. Most of the lower levels on my list I have helped one time though something so really do not have the need to keep them there.

Survivor
May 22, 2011
misty0987676 wrote:

Well once my friend asked me to go to Celestia, and I saved him in battle, and he invited another wizard my level, and nethier of us fled

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
For all of you who are wishing the KI will put a cap on porting, they aren't. If you don't want a low level porting, I have two ideas for you.

1. Don't add low levels

2. Use hidden to friends settings

Remember that sometimes low levels CAN help with quests and battle as long as they don't flee.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:
Please, stop posting these terribly annoying threads. This has been answered multiple times and I will answer it once again: Turn off ports. Do not add low levels. Besides, wouldn't you be curious too if there was an all new world? I've gotten over it. If you see one, ask nicely not to join your battles in menu chat (or chat if they have it) and if they join, you have the power of reporting.

Reporting another wizard for joining your fight is a false report, there is nothing in the rules that says this is or can be cause for reporting, you stand the chance of your account being suspended for doing it.

Sadly the best answer is do not add low levels to your friends list but unfortunately this will not be the rule everyone follows so they will still be there, some wizards actually get a kick out of unleashing them there to cause mayhem. Saying just deal with it doesn't seem very fair either. In the end we really are all going to have to treat it as an annoyance in the game. I fled fights, I have asked the person to flee but of course not before the drag another monster in etc.. A major part of the problem is there are not enough battle areas so you are pretty much a sitting duck for who ever wanders by.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
I do not put low level wizards on as friends. However, the problem I see in Zafaria is even middle levels port through into fights and leave. But the enemy stays. Why can''t the enemy leave if the person who pops or ports into a fight leaves?

I level up faster than some because I can play more. I am an insomniac. So wizards that were at my level when I was 20 are now only 35 or so and they tend to be the ones porting into higher level fights and leaving. It happens so fast you cannot figure out who they are to get them off of your list.

Actually I have not so much had this problem until Zafaria. I know they are curious, but it has caused me to be defeated or I have to buy a henchman to help replace them. I guess money-wise that could be good for KI. But I am going to spend money and when it is gone, it is gone. Therefore they are not really making more, they just get what I have until it is gone and then I have to wait until I can buy more crowns. So these lower levels are not just annoyingly joining fights, they cost us money or defeat. I can deal with it if they just stay and try to help.

Again, I say remove the enemy they bring into fight and maybe send the person who ports into and flees a fight back to Wizard City.

I say that it is a reason to report someone if they are not high enough to go to a place, port into a fight and flee! Okay, even if they are high enough to be there! It is still unfair to those playing hard and fair. They should at least have to ask if it is okay to port before doing so or ask if you are in a battle. If we are not in a fight then I don't care if they port to look around. However, I waited until I was able to go on my own before I went to Zafaria. We know KI has the message "your friend is busy right now..." also. Why not "Sorry young wizard, your studies are not completed to go to that level yet. Keep working"? Or maybe, "You can't be serious, young wizard". LOL Or as someone else suggested, a balloon with name and level of wizard who wants to port, then if you say yes and they flee a fight, we should have the right to report or at least can take them off of our list. At least we know who to take off of our list that way.

There are a lot of good suggestions for how to fix this. KI please listen to us.

Love the game! Thanks so much!

Experience with 7 level 60+ wizards and 5 various levels wizards

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I'm sick and tired of these ports. I am guilty for porting to a friend of a friend to see Celestia, but we didn't join any battles, we just looked around the base camp. Looked at what the shopkeepers had, admired the pets, comment on various things, and so on. Simply clean out your friends list, turn off ports, and most of all Be Polite. If you are yelling and screaming at someone for using a trap by accident just say "I was planning to use that, please be more careful next time." or if they don't have text chat, just say in menu chat "Don't attack my target.". Another way is to say "Please do not join this battle.". The answers are there, use them. I admit, if the younglings could be more polite, that would help.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
misty0987676 wrote:

I wouldnt worry too much - the xp they get from a fight in Zafaria is tiny - it is the 'talking' part of the quest with the huge xp so I think in time they will realise that there is nothing to be gained by joining.
I think this aspect of Zafaria is a great idea and perhaps the other worlds could be changed so that you cannot gain the big xp from fights - only from the quests you are legitimately allowed to do. Good thinking KI

BUT - turn off your 'friends'
-delete ones who annoy you - as I did with a lvl 50 who wanted help then started begging me to gift him somewhing!

Survivor
Jan 24, 2011
vwmalrex wrote:
misty0987676 wrote:

I wouldnt worry too much - the xp they get from a fight in Zafaria is tiny - it is the 'talking' part of the quest with the huge xp so I think in time they will realise that there is nothing to be gained by joining.
I think this aspect of Zafaria is a great idea and perhaps the other worlds could be changed so that you cannot gain the big xp from fights - only from the quests you are legitimately allowed to do. Good thinking KI

BUT - turn off your 'friends'
-delete ones who annoy you - as I did with a lvl 50 who wanted help then started begging me to gift him somewhing!

i agree i have bunches of low level friends getting me beat up there so annoying i wish they would just stop bothering us in zf if someone reads this my characters name is blaze ghost blade level 70 trancended pyromancer please add me :D

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i see how this is annoying you, though i think the word invade is wrong to use. they were probably tempted by the names and wanted to explore. by using the word, invade, you treat them like outcasts

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Alright i posted a similar message i'm about to tell you on the celstia message board, anyway i only befriend people who are level 50 or higher(probably will change as the level cap gets higher).

The one and only reason i would befriend a low level is if i know them OUTSIDE of wizard101(No Exceptions!).

other wise if your level 50 or higher then i will befriend you and say yes to your friends requests.

see you around!

John Firemancer level 66 legendary pyromancer

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:
Please, stop posting these terribly annoying threads. This has been answered multiple times and I will answer it once again: Turn off ports. Do not add low levels. Besides, wouldn't you be curious too if there was an all new world? I've gotten over it. If you see one, ask nicely not to join your battles in menu chat (or chat if they have it) and if they join, you have the power of reporting.

no, no, keep posting these threads they are entertaining to me and if we all work together, KI will eventually solve this problem and then low level/little kids will stop porting to high level players and low levels stop being annoying :-)

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
misty0987676 wrote:

you should just tell them that so they dont port to you at all and if they keep doing it you should just delate them really simple answer i am lvl 55 and all of my friends are grandmaster and higher some are even lvl 70. you should add higher lvls and make friends with them and they come in handy when you fighting boss and monster that are hard. 8)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I would say the hoopla has dyed down now, I am taking my Death wizard though and the amount of lower level wizards every where has decreased dramatically. I have gone though all of Drum Jungle with out any unwanted invasions. In fact the population in general has decreased to the extent that I am doing most of it solo now. Although I do not get defeated I do find the health on some of the monsters more geared for group fighting over soloing so some are going to be a little longer getting though now.

Defender
May 31, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:

I will not presume to tell anyone to stop posting any thought, concern, complaint, etc. that is not against TOS. If I am tired of any topic I simply pass it over and leave it to others who can answer with a fresher and less irritated frame of mind. The fact remains that as long as there are new players or players new to the message boards there will be certain topics bound to be posted on an ongoing basis.

I agree with making use of turning off ports etc. However, even if one does so, it will not protect them from others who do not do so and allow lower levels to join.

I agree making use of communication skills in asking certain players not to join the battle. However, I disagree in you suggesting they report those who do not listen. That is not a reportable offense according to KI and puts the person making the report at risk for false reporting. I think you would serve others much better by making yourself familiar yourself with what and what is not reportable before advising such action.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
misty0987676 wrote:

Learn to be strong and defend yourself.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
I fully agree that low levels should not port while you are in battle but it is ok if they just look around.Porting to look around there is nothing is wrong with that

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I agree, either make a level cap or a " (Wizard name) would like to port to you, allow?" option.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
safyrmoon wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

I will not presume to tell anyone to stop posting any thought, concern, complaint, etc. that is not against TOS. If I am tired of any topic I simply pass it over and leave it to others who can answer with a fresher and less irritated frame of mind. The fact remains that as long as there are new players or players new to the message boards there will be certain topics bound to be posted on an ongoing basis.

I agree with making use of turning off ports etc. However, even if one does so, it will not protect them from others who do not do so and allow lower levels to join.

I agree making use of communication skills in asking certain players not to join the battle. However, I disagree in you suggesting they report those who do not listen. That is not a reportable offense according to KI and puts the person making the report at risk for false reporting. I think you would serve others much better by making yourself familiar yourself with what and what is not reportable before advising such action.

Sorry, I thought you could. I will edit that in my post. I understand many will post it, but it its easy to see there are many threads already. I am not trying to troll and I am sorry if I am making it look like it. I know I can skip it, but I am telling them now. I am sorry for what I have said. I just wish people would stop complaining and movie on. It's life.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Chillax, bro. Didn't you listen to Kakenya Brokenfang?

"Those who are weak fall under the tooth and spear"

Just go about your biz-niz, let the weaker wizards get mugged, and put on your Trollface. ;)

I found myself quite capable of holding my own against multiple enemies.

Really, people teleporting to me in battle have helped me far more than they hindered. My policy towards unexpected guests is that if you teleport to me and I am in a battle, as long as you stick around to the finish you have my respect (and protection), regardless of your level.

Also regardless of your level, if you port to me and flee, leaving me with more enemies, that's when I get mad.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
I have the same problem, now I just accept friends that are over level 60 I have had to many that friend request me cause of my level to get into certain areas. unfortunately there are still players that have lower level players as friends that I have to deal with but it hasnt been too bad. Sometimes switching quests works for me to get away from low level players then going back later on.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
What I do, is, although rude, I will admit, (alot of commas lol) if someone ports to me and flees, I message them, saying this:
You will now be removed for adding difficulty for no reason onto me.
Then, I remove them.
I have only had 1 exception, EVER. And that was for one of my face book friends.
Although it seems cruel, who do they think they are to port, then just hit the flee button! Its stubborn, in my opinion.
Right now, I only add people 50+, with an exception here and there.
...Felt good to get that little rant out there xD

How to handle this? Self explanatory.

See you in the spiral!