Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't say that pvp is balanced anymore

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Ok. I'm 1 level from transcended and I'm getting really annoyed. I'm not meaning to show off, but pvp is now too easy. My Chimera is too strong. Also, pvp finishes a whole lot faster. All school's damage boost has gone too high. Except for maybe Ice. I used to think that pvp was balanced until now. Here's what made me think this:

1v1 a Storm wizard. He used weakness and then I used Balanceblade. He used Wild Bolt (733 damage) I used Elemental Shield. He used Wild Bolt again (123 damage) and I used Dragonblade. He used Storm Blade and then finally I used Chimera. It did 979 damage per head and I won. I didn't expect to win by 1 spell! Some of you say I should be happy I won, but I'm truly not. Why did I 1-hit KO a Storm transcended wizard? Imagine how hard it would be for them to even last 3 rounds in a 4v4! People would be using Rain of Fire, Earthquake, Ra, Power Nova, Basilisk, Scarecrow, Forest Lord and so on. Storm wizards only have around 2500 health. A Scarecrow from 400 damage plus 70% would do 680 damage. 2500-680=1820. Then, maybe even a Ra. Balance wizards would have around 67% damage boost so 1820-935 or 1068. Let's go with 935. 1820-935=885. Wow, already almost down in the 2nd spell. Now, let's try a Forest Lord, Lice wizards get about 56% damage boost so that's from 842-967 damage right there. Most likely that Ra would hit higher then just 935. I'm using true facts here. I have a low levelled Storm wizard on a different account because I can only have 6 on this, and I don't really go on my other account, yet I'm standing up for Storm. I want pvp to be fun again, not just a 1 single hit to the win. Spells are doing too high of damage, and KI, no offense but you really need to start to be thinking of wizard's stats and health before you make a spell that does have the health of a Storm wizard. Now, Chimera would do 340x3. That's as strong as a Leviathan. Most Balance wizards have 67% damage boost and then this would do 1703 damage! I'm a Balance wizard and I'm complaining about my own spell. Now, with no boosts 2500-1703=797, then just a simple Spectral Blast would finish the Storm wizard. Not so fun isn't it? This is what made me realize that spells are overpowered or our wizard's health maximum is WAY TOO LOW. I'm using true facts from my own experience. I used to be on the pvp's balanced side, but now damage has gone way too far. I know this would take very long to change KI, but it's for everyone's good. Changing our health to higher by 500 or making our damage lower and lowering the Zafarian's health. Whichever. But I really think that this needs to happen quick, because Storm wizards aren't going to like it. (This would also do more then half of Fire's and Myth's health and possibly even Death at times.)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Actually, it's too easy for someone with waterworks gear to defeat someone without waterworks gear, that's a little about what this post is about. I'm back on pvp IS balanced side

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
Actually, it's too easy for someone with waterworks gear to defeat someone without waterworks gear, that's a little about what this post is about. I'm back on pvp IS balanced side

lol waterworks gear is one of the key factors in pvp for high lvls. how many warlords do you know that got to warlord without any waterworks gear involved.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

JouJou11cool,

Yes, I agree, and it's too easy for a level 60 to beat a level 1, but it should be that way. If a level 70 steps into the ring with no Gear, he deserves to be beat into the ground.

On Chimera, I don't find it that strong at all. With on Balance blade, with 60% boots, you get 680 a head. Now, typical resist is around 42%, at least that is what I normally see in the ring. That bring chimera down to 408 a head, for a total of 1224, a good hit, but not overpowering by any degree.

Now, let me add this, you have a hit of 1224, and then they do a heal of 1790, which is about what I normally see. All of a sudden your 8 pip spells has been countered by a 4 pip spell plus.

I have to wonder if these spells were not added on purpose, because of the giants heals that are being done.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
joujou11cool,

My wizard's name is Valkoor Stormrunner. He's built to be offensive to the extreme with Storm main, Phoenix, Mutate Phoenix, Feint, Elemental Blade, Gargantuan, Amplify, and Berzerk. Defense is almost nonexistant: Fortify and Polymorph Treant, but he still survives Chimera. Knight isn't exactly a bad ranking, either.

I have to disagree with you. 7% resist to Chimera isn't very formidable. My health is a pinch over 2.6k, and if it wasn't noticed above, I don't have tower. In fact, neither of my defensive spells are even in my deck. Yet somehow, I survive Chimera, not prevent, but survive.

Anyway, to conclude the shortest installment to my crazily long posts, My beliefs are that either the storm wizard wasn't that strong, or you're quite the duelist.

Valkoor Stormrunner

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
hanable33 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

lol waterworks gear is one of the key factors in pvp for high lvls. how many warlords do you know that got to warlord without any waterworks gear involved.

Well... I was playing since before Celestia and had a rank of 1200 on my previous Myth. :/

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
hanable33 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

:/ I hate how it's too easy to defeat someone at level 60 that doesn't have waterworks gear. It's like WW is the life of pvp for high levels now and that's what's kind of bugging me.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
How has it gone up so high? My life wizard had 58% damage boost when she was level 60, and now she has 37% boost. I'm not complaining, just telling you what my stats are. Is 37% so bad?

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life

Survivor
May 09, 2010
it's too easy because you're contantly fighting low level toons who don't have a chance. You want this to be balanced? Petition wizard to even out the levels in PvP and STOP fighting low level toons. I know you have no choice in it, byt wizard can certainly do something.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:
How has it gone up so high? My life wizard had 58% damage boost when she was level 60, and now she has 37% boost. I'm not complaining, just telling you what my stats are. Is 37% so bad?

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life

Your damage boost dropped by 21? And no offense, but 37 is bad

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
randylay wrote:
it's too easy because you're contantly fighting low level toons who don't have a chance. You want this to be balanced? Petition wizard to even out the levels in PvP and STOP fighting low level toons. I know you have no choice in it, byt wizard can certainly do something.

If in ranked, they've already fixed his. In 1v1, you choose what level you face.