Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

draconian polymorf

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 06, 2011
first of all, I put up a post in the pvp forum saying I hated polymorfs. so to clear any confusion for those of you who read that, that was for one of my other wizards, keelan mythblade, which is my brothers wizard. I fully support polymorfs, and have no problem with them. With that out of the way, I got a draconian polymorf, not to long ago, and used it in the shiratiki temple. I got pretty awesome spells with it, like firezilla, and cursed flame, but every type of spell in every school boosted on me. whats worse is I lost all my resists and damage, plus I got less heath than I had to begin with. Why is this? It's like polymorfs are death traps ( I mean litteral death traps. not the spell) does anyone else use polymorfs?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
brickhead12 wrote:
first of all, I put up a post in the pvp forum saying I hated polymorfs. so to clear any confusion for those of you who read that, that was for one of my other wizards, keelan mythblade, which is my brothers wizard. I fully support polymorfs, and have no problem with them. With that out of the way, I got a draconian polymorf, not to long ago, and used it in the shiratiki temple. I got pretty awesome spells with it, like firezilla, and cursed flame, but every type of spell in every school boosted on me. whats worse is I lost all my resists and damage, plus I got less heath than I had to begin with. Why is this? It's like polymorfs are death traps ( I mean litteral death traps. not the spell) does anyone else use polymorfs?

When you use polymorphs, you also assume the resists, health, pip %, and boosts against that school. That's why some people actually favor the Gobbler polymorph in certain situations, because of the resists that polymorph has to offer.

I use to use polymorphs on my Balance, back before Chimera came out as a way to take advantage of the Death and Life spirit blades (fighting elemental or Balance bosses).

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
brickhead12 wrote:

yep i in fact have decided to learn them all and become a master of using them

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
I would recommend using shields of whatever kind you have, before using any polymorph except "Polymorph Gobbler" and "Polymorph Mander"

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
brickhead12 wrote:

Yeah, the polymorphs use the oddball Celestia damage boosts, you'll have 80% resist to fire but 50% boost to ice, storm, and death, i think it is.

I wish KI would go through, and ditch all the Celestia boosts, and go back to the KISS boosts that had been used up to that point.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
Survivor
Nov 16, 2010