Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

people spamming shields!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
hi guys i hate when people spam shields. like every time i go in a rnk pvp the guys always gets tower shield and spam. its so annoying. they keep going. they also get treasure cards and use that. first they max it out in there deck and now they get more in treasure cards!!!!!!!!!!!! this is soooo unfair. i think there should be a limit. i used to be a warlord and then i got lower than a private in one day! all the people i vs spam shields.

write here if you have the same problem

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
zucchini35 wrote:
hi guys i hate when people spam shields. like every time i go in a rnk pvp the guys always gets tower shield and spam. its so annoying. they keep going. they also get treasure cards and use that. first they max it out in there deck and now they get more in treasure cards!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize if I sound rude in any way whatsoever. I only mean to make a point, and I do hope that I make it.

Shields are a strategy, and PvP itself is strategy. If you're losing due to some Tower Shields, you need to rethink your strategy. Honestly, I'm not trying to be harsh, only trying to help.

To sum up the point of this message, I've used blades, traps, and feints while the enemy wore a Tower Shield, and it's done a good amount of damage. Having a good strategy and good backup is not unfair at all. Perhaps you should buy Tower Shield treasure cards or train to gain them permanently (if you don't already have them).

This is only my opinion. Do with it what you will. Anyway, if you're not winning, it's not because the opponent is being unfair, it just might be that you need a new strategy.
(However, I do agree that it would be unfair for a level 70 to fight a level 30, etc., but that's just unrelated...)

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Damage over time is a good way to get rid of shields. If you are not using traps a minion may get rid of shields for you, well the storm one won't...

consider using keen eye and unstoppable sun school spells as these allow your spells to ignore some resistance, these, and the star school aura for accuracy, were upgraded to add a pierce effect as well as their accuracy bonuses.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Um, Shatter TC? You could use those as well as a may cast Pierce pet.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
zucchini35 wrote:
hi guys i hate when people spam shields. like every time i go in a rnk pvp the guys always gets tower shield and spam. its so annoying. they keep going. they also get treasure cards and use that. first they max it out in there deck and now they get more in treasure cards!!!!!!!!!!!! this is soooo unfair. i think there should be a limit. i used to be a warlord and then i got lower than a private in one day! all the people i vs spam shields.

Lol, having a limit to shields? People shield for defense. Defense is a strategy in any game, and same as offense. I can tell you're on the offensive side and you just blade up and attack. There's a spell called Shatter but I hate wasting my pips and so do you. Use a DoT spell from other schools if you're Balance/Life. If you're Storm, just bolt it out, it's no big deal.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
So.......... I really dont see your arguement. It seems to my that your just angry that you cant find a new strategy.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
SilverAmarantine wrote:
zucchini35 wrote:
hi guys i hate when people spam shields. like every time i go in a rnk pvp the guys always gets tower shield and spam. its so annoying. they keep going. they also get treasure cards and use that. first they max it out in there deck and now they get more in treasure cards!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize if I sound rude in any way whatsoever. I only mean to make a point, and I do hope that I make it.

Shields are a strategy, and PvP itself is strategy. If you're losing due to some Tower Shields, you need to rethink your strategy. Honestly, I'm not trying to be harsh, only trying to help.

To sum up the point of this message, I've used blades, traps, and feints while the enemy wore a Tower Shield, and it's done a good amount of damage. Having a good strategy and good backup is not unfair at all. Perhaps you should buy Tower Shield treasure cards or train to gain them permanently (if you don't already have them).

This is only my opinion. Do with it what you will. Anyway, if you're not winning, it's not because the opponent is being unfair, it just might be that you need a new strategy.
(However, I do agree that it would be unfair for a level 70 to fight a level 30, etc., but that's just unrelated...)
i agree with you 100%

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
zucchini35 wrote:

yea i have same problem i mean i get in there and i cant tell what to do since you cant tell what type they are. i havent trained tower so i am pretty much defensless i mean i lost a panked pvp match to a lvl 62 storm at lvl 69. i am a death wiz who trained up to centaur. i am now lvl 70 and i am done with zf so i am running out of things to do. i was gonna go into ranked pvp but i wanted some times on what to do can any one help me with some tips on what to put in my deck, i have 6 training points and i need tips!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
help! i am really bad at pvp and i am lvl 70! i beat zf and i am out of things to do so i wanted to do pvp but i am really bad. i would like some tips on what to put in my deck plz help this poor noob!