Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boost

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I want to know which schools have boost over the other? I know fire and ice,myth and storm, and life and death are opposites. But what about balance, and are there indirect boost? Please, don't argue. I would like to know, so just give facts.

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
balance has no direct advantage over any school. you can use balance on a fire, ice, myth, storm, life, or death wizard, balance will not boost.
However, the spirits,(myth, death, and life) all boost on balance.
don't worry, it took me a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
time to learn this so your not alone.
Jason thundersword lvl 39 magnus thaumaturge 8)

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
MercMissionary wrote:
I want to know which schools have boost over the other? I know fire and ice,myth and storm, and life and death are opposites. But what about balance, and are there indirect boost? Please, don't argue. I would like to know, so just give facts.

Balance takes more damage from (Boost) from Storm,Life, Death

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Myth > Storm
Storm > Myth
Death > Life
Life > Death
Fire > Ice
Ice > Fire

All > Balance.

I guess the reason for that is because Balance can not be directly blocked unless with tower shield or absorbs. Since there are no balance specific shields one can learn, therefore balance being pretty unique.

Now, Celestia, Wintertusk, and Zafaria, things seem to work slightly differently. I don't know 100% sure, but it seems that Spirit attacks (Myth, Life, Death) are strong against all elemental schools (Fire, Ice, Storm) and vice versa. Is that right?

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Ok,
Fire-ice
Life-death
Storm-myth

Balance has no boost (that I know of)
Any school on balance will do the about the amount of damage listed on the spell card.

Hope this helps,
Rebecca Legenddreamer-lvl 33 pyromancer :)

The perfect is the enemy of the good

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
dragonpower333 wrote:
MercMissionary wrote:

Balance takes more damage from (Boost) from Storm,Life, Death

Almost, but not quite.
Boosts for damage attacks to Balance are: MYTH, Life, and Death.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Shiningfantasia pretty much told them all, but they change once in Celestia/WinterTusk.

Life>Death, Fire
Ice>Fire, Myth
Myth>Storm, Death
Fire>Ice, Storm
Death>Life, Ice
Storm>Myth, Life
Balance>Myth,Life, Death (also in every world)

These boosts apply to Celestia, WinterTusk, and Zafaria.