Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 58 Storm Spell Quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Well today I just got to level 58 and got the quest for leviathan. You must defeat a boss that cheats and has around 7,000 health and a minion that has 2,200. I have tried many times and never succeeded. If anybody can tell me some strategy or tips it would be appreciated.

P.S.- It is a golem, therefore no one can port in with me.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Khai Tengri is a fire Boss and 7040 health. His minion is Life and 2210 health.. Neither casts Weakness or has any healing or shielding spells. The only cheat Mr. Tengri uses is that he interrupts and casts Hex on you if you cast any kind of charm or ward (i.e. blade, trap, shield).

Since Mr. Tengri is the main danger, you need to be prepared to blunt his attacks. Go to the Bazaar and get about 6 Fire Shields---get the 90% variety if you can and the 85% variety if that's all that's available. Load them into your sideboard. You'll also want to have as many Darkwind in your spell deck as possible.

Don't worry about Mr. Tengri's casting Hex. With your Fire Shield, you'll blunt most of his damage anyway.

The first thing you want to do is discard a wand spell and put a Fire trap on yourself. Next is to cast Darkwind to give yourself a 25% boost for the rest of the battle. After you cast Darkwind, you can discard the rest of them as you see them, as only one is needed.

The plan is to put up a Stormblade and, if you have them, Elemental Blade (which you should have---if not, get it) and Feint on the minion. Storm Trap and Elemental Trap are probably a waste of time. In the meantime, keep a Fire Shield on yourself to blunt the boss's damage, and heal when needed. When you're set up, cast Storm Lord.

When the minion is gone, you'll set up the same blades and Feint and use Leviathon, keeping yourself shielded and healed, until the boss is defeated.

If you have Crowns, you can make the job much easier by hiring three Life Henchmen of levels 20 to 40. The henchmen can keep you healed so you can focus on your attacks,

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
colagada wrote:
Khai Tengri is a fire Boss and 7040 health. His minion is Life and 2210 health.. Neither casts Weakness or has any healing or shielding spells. The only cheat Mr. Tengri uses is that he interrupts and casts Hex on you if you cast any kind of charm or ward (i.e. blade, trap, shield).

Since Mr. Tengri is the main danger, you need to be prepared to blunt his attacks. Go to the Bazaar and get about 6 Fire Shields---get the 90% variety if you can and the 85% variety if that's all that's available. Load them into your sideboard. You'll also want to have as many Darkwind in your spell deck as possible.

Don't worry about Mr. Tengri's casting Hex. With your Fire Shield, you'll blunt most of his damage anyway.

The first thing you want to do is discard a wand spell and put a Fire trap on yourself. Next is to cast Darkwind to give yourself a 25% boost for the rest of the battle. After you cast Darkwind, you can discard the rest of them as you see them, as only one is needed.

The plan is to put up a Stormblade and, if you have them, Elemental Blade (which you should have---if not, get it) and Feint on the minion. Storm Trap and Elemental Trap are probably a waste of time. In the meantime, keep a Fire Shield on yourself to blunt the boss's damage, and heal when needed. When you're set up, cast Storm Lord.

When the minion is gone, you'll set up the same blades and Feint and use Leviathon, keeping yourself shielded and healed, until the boss is defeated.

If you have Crowns, you can make the job much easier by hiring three Life Henchmen of levels 20 to 40. The henchmen can keep you healed so you can focus on your attacks,

Uh... he/she can't use Leviathan because that is the spell that he/she is trying to get!!!

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
colagada wrote:

Why the heck would the wizard cast a Fire trap on themself?

And yes, they cant use Leviathon cause they're trying to GET the spell card. Lolz

Unless you meant the Treasure Card? Which is pretty rare.

Alura Mythshade level 50 Necromancer
Calamity OrgeBlossom level 32 Theurgist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
superdaniel525 wrote:
Well today I just got to level 58 and got the quest for leviathan. You must defeat a boss that cheats and has around 7,000 health and a minion that has 2,200. I have tried many times and never succeeded. If anybody can tell me some strategy or tips it would be appreciated.

I got beaten so many times I thought it was hopeless, I just couldn't get a pattern to work because the fight was different every time. Finally I went to Wizard101central.com and found a guide, I actually ended up using the second persons recommendation and it worked for me.

If I entered battle second I fled till I was first up ended up changing realms after 4th try and that worked, this is important because you want to get the Thermic Shield up first, then I buffed up to a Gargantuan Lord, this kills the minion and then shield again and then use what ever attack card that came up till Tengri died. Gold well spent on the treasure cards.

The deck is 3 Storm Lords, 3 Tempest (altho am not sure why I did not use them), 3 Tritons, 3 Storm Blades, 3 Elemental Blades, I also had to go get these since I had not yet and 3 Thermic Blades, in my sideboard 4 Gargantuan treasure cards, I only needed to use 2.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
superdaniel525 wrote:

Try getting a pet with a may cast Stormblade or even a pet that gives the Dragonblade spell. Pet blades/traps/shields don't count

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
colagada wrote:

Dude ur getting leviathan DUH