Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Creeper?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2010
So, older Wizard Mom here, I was zipping through old town this morning, and this lower level friend-ed me. I almost always accept lower level friend requests because I like to help the kids in the games, but then this guy comes on and says, "You're a cute one" spelled properly and everything. Asks me if I'm a bad girl, I reported him, but is he gone now or what that in my book is worse than a dirty mouth. What happens to these creepers?

Administrator
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assesses the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions (such as muting or banning) and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
I had a run-in with a similar creeper. Actually, I've met many creepers, but this exchange is the most memorable:

(So I'm in the commons, trying on different hats for good stats when some level 20 girl walks up to me)

Lvl20: Wow. Oh my gosh.

(Btw, she's standing face-to-face with me, so when she walked up to me and started talking, I knew it was towards me.)

Me: What?

Lvl20: You're really tan.

(Actually my wiz is,'t that tan)

Me: Uh, OK. Thanks?

Lvl20: So tan you're almost black.

Now I got really creeped out and teleported back to my house. I probably should have reported her. Anyway, my point is: What's the deal with these people? Do they think it's funny? I mean, it's not necessarily BAD, but it's really strange.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Professor Greyrose wrote:

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assesses the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions (such as muting or banning) and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

I have a question. What happens if u make a false report?

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:

Dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ....

Thanks For Reading