Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

kraken is too over powered

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
kraken is a rank 4 spell does 520-580 damage almost as much as collossus kraken should be 460-520 like the old collossus was cause for a lvl 22 to do that much damage is a little too over powered.
Yea talk about a spell that has been around since the game first came out, there is no chance of changing that spell get over it or make a storm wizard, because from my perspective you sound like your not storm.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
saadkhan123 wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
ok ok ok i know 460-520 is too underpowered so i made a new one: 495-555 how about that?
Still no. If you don't like the spells, don't play the game.
i am not gonna stop playing the game i wanted to lower kraken cause i was tired of mean storm people picking on collossus they are like collossus only does a freaking 500 damage!!!!! evan kraken is better than that!!!!!!!!!
Wait, by your logic, dumping your problems on another school works just fine? Listen, I understand your frustration, but Storm gets picked on by almost every other school. Both Ice and Storm have become a force that almost every other schools wants to weaken to the point of destruction. All ye wizards, hear me! I wish for a ceasefire! The only way to learn about another school truly is to play as them! I invite all of you to explore PvP as a school you claim is overpowered, and post what you thought about it here!

Survivor
May 24, 2009
then i think its time to consider to let storm have the same increase health and mana as a fire wizard would have, cause there health is weak and there mana is strong, and change all of the storm items changed to the same princibles on health and mana as a fire wizard would have, so that way things can be on somewhat equal terms, it wouldnt be as equal terms with an ice wizard though, but at least it will give a storm wizard more of a fighting chance, and ki might consider lowering SOME of the spell stats on some there spells, but not all of them, only some, like kraken only cause of it being a rank 5 or whatever spell, but we still got to have some storm spells that are still powerfull, like are lvl 48 thru lvl 68 spells remain the same, including insane bolt (aka suicide bolt) remains the same even with its side effect.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
saadkhan123 wrote:
kraken is a rank 4 spell does 520-580 damage almost as much as collossus kraken should be 460-520 like the old collossus was cause for a lvl 22 to do that much damage is a little too over powered.

you don't have valid argument here lol

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
ValeDonte wrote:
then i think its time to consider to let storm have the same increase health and mana as a fire wizard would have, cause there health is weak and there mana is strong, and change all of the storm items changed to the same princibles on health and mana as a fire wizard would have, so that way things can be on somewhat equal terms, it wouldnt be as equal terms with an ice wizard though, but at least it will give a storm wizard more of a fighting chance, and ki might consider lowering SOME of the spell stats on some there spells, but not all of them, only some, like kraken only cause of it being a rank 5 or whatever spell, but we still got to have some storm spells that are still powerfull, like are lvl 48 thru lvl 68 spells remain the same, including insane bolt (aka suicide bolt) remains the same even with its side effect.
I disagree, you are clearly not Storm. Storm isn't defense based, nor is it balanced, and thats what makes it fun to play quite frankly.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
hanable33 wrote:
storms damage is always "overpowered" but they have a disadvantage, their health. my storm at lvl 42 has about 1100 health where others have over 2000. ice is not ment to do a ton of damage it is meant to last with its higher resist ( give or take pets) and health than everyone else. so at the cost of damage they can outlast their opponents. there is a drawback to every good thing you just need to find what it is and realize it.

What? I've seen storms with 1700-1900 around that level. I'm myth and I had around 2100. Are you sure you're not level 32? If you are level 42, you should get better clothing. Sell things and buy at the Bazaar. That's where I get all of my clothing.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
ValeDonte wrote:
storm wizards get around 2,500 health at transcended so i think its average to me.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
ValeDonte wrote:
I disagree, you are clearly not Storm. Storm isn't defense based, nor is it balanced, and thats what makes it fun to play quite frankly.

oh, i beg to differ, i do have a storm wizard Ronan Thunderstalker lvl 45, and i have seen how powerful storm can be, but i also seen how weak storm can be on health, and i am not surprised, storm will always be weak in health, it will never rise to the lvl of 4,000 like ice can, or 3,000 like life, death, fire, myth, and balance can, storm would only go up to the health of 2,000 (by my guessing) with the new world zafaira's gear. If you give storm the same health and mana stats as a fire wizard have, they can be a even more force to be reckoned with.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:
ok ok ok i know 460-520 is too underpowered so i made a new one: 495-555 how about that?
Still no. If you don't like the spells, don't play the game.
i am not gonna stop playing the game i wanted to lower kraken cause i was tired of mean storm people picking on collossus they are like collossus only does a freaking 500 damage!!!!! evan kraken is better than that!!!!!!!!!
Wait, by your logic, dumping your problems on another school works just fine? Listen, I understand your frustration, but Storm gets picked on by almost every other school. Both Ice and Storm have become a force that almost every other schools wants to weaken to the point of destruction. All ye wizards, hear me! I wish for a ceasefire! The only way to learn about another school truly is to play as them! I invite all of you to explore PvP as a school you claim is overpowered, and post what you thought about it here!

I agree BionaKnight. This is really getting seriously rediculous. I am so tired of players picking on Storm.

I have a storm lvl 47 and have friends with lvl 70 storm. I do not begrudge them the power they have managed to obtain with their spells.

It takes a lot of work and finding the right gear to get them to that point. You can make a very strong wizard regardless of school or you can choose to keep them so weak that they are beaten by even their own school.

The whole point is to learn how to train your wizards. If you don't want to take the time and effort to train them, then this game IS NOT FOR YOU.

It is time to stop picking on Storm or any other school for that matter.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
ValeDonte wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
ValeDonte wrote:

oh, i beg to differ, i do have a storm wizard Ronan Thunderstalker lvl 45, and i have seen how powerful storm can be, but i also seen how weak storm can be on health, and i am not surprised, storm will always be weak in health, it will never rise to the lvl of 4,000 like ice can, or 3,000 like life, death, fire, myth, and balance can, storm would only go up to the health of 2,000 (by my guessing) with the new world zafaira's gear. If you give storm the same health and mana stats as a fire wizard have, they can be a even more force to be reckoned with.
I suggest you level your Storm up to max and start doing 1v1. Damage is integral to a Storm's strategy, and removing that would make them, well, nondescript. I think it is in the best interest of our schools to keep it at what it's true nature is: Offensive Power.