Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Get Over It Storm Wizards!

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Many Storm wizards complain about people spamming Storm Shields. I thought of a cool idea of a new spell that may/may not break the expected wizards shield. A random 700 damage to one enemy then a 1300 hit or something to all enemies including the enemy that got hit by the 700. If in 1v1, the spell has a 50% chance of hitting with the 700. Now, don't take the damage seriously, it's just an example. Even if this was added, Storm has already way too many ways about how to deal with Storm Shields.

1. Use Storm Prism BEFORE the Storm Shield.
2. Get a Storm Hound pet with these following abilites: Pierce Train,Piercemonger, "may cast Storm Blade" and "may cast Storm Trap".
3. Use Wild Bolt! Have you forgotten that it's only 2 pips? It's a shield breaker if you didn't notice yet!
4.Use Lightning Bats or Thunder Snake to take care of the shields. These aren't really noob spells if you're thinking that a bunch of people are going to think you're a noob. Believe it or not, I use these spells a few times of my Storm wizard.
5. Shatter amulet!
6. Did you guys forget how to use your wands?
7. Stack up a Storm Blade or a Storm Trap and then hit, you'll surely hit good still.
8. Storm Elf mutate real/treasure card doesn't matter.
9. Shield yourself! If you can't beat them, join them! Get the defence into the game!
10. Hmm, a level 22 spell from a secret trainer in Colossus Boulevard. Storm Dispel: Dissipate.

10 whole ways that I can think of! I'm sure that you can list more, but really. 10 different varieties of getting around this, 1 is at least good enough! My Storm wizard uses most of these and he's fine

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
Many Storm wizards complain about people spamming Storm Shields. I thought of a cool idea of a new spell that may/may not break the expected wizards shield. A random 700 damage to one enemy then a 1300 hit or something to all enemies including the enemy that got hit by the 700. If in 1v1, the spell has a 50% chance of hitting with the 700. Now, don't take the damage seriously, it's just an example. Even if this was added, Storm has already way too many ways about how to deal with Storm Shields.

2. Get a Storm Hound pet with these following abilites: Pierce Train,Piercemonger, "may cast Storm Blade" and "may cast Storm Trap".
3. Use Wild Bolt! Have you forgotten that it's only 2 pips? It's a shield breaker if you didn't notice yet!
4.Use Lightning Bats or Thunder Snake to take care of the shields. These aren't really noob spells if you're thinking that a bunch of people are going to think you're a noob. Believe it or not, I use these spells a few times of my Storm wizard.
5. Shatter amulet!
7. Stack up a Storm Blade or a Storm Trap and then hit, you'll surely hit good still.
9. Shield yourself! If you can't beat them, join them! Get the defence into the game!
10. Hmm, a level 22 spell from a secret trainer in Colossus Boulevard. Storm Dispel: Dissipate.

10 whole ways that I can think of! I'm sure that you can list more, but really. 10 different varieties of getting around this, 1 is at least good enough! My Storm wizard uses most of these and he's fine

Any school can use those steps, why do Storm has to do that? Sooner or later just like Myth got a over time damage, Storm should get one.

Storm dispel for what? Volcanic shields and Glacial Shields are not even Storm spells.

So in the whole battle all I'm gonna be doing is casting bolt, snake, bats and Shatter to take shields off, while the other wizard boots up and then defeats me.

That's exactly, why I don't PvP anymore... Shields after shields and more shields!

We are the only school doom to face them!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
1. If you Prism before a shield, the shield activates. Trust me, I know from experience I:.

2. I personally don't have a problem with people spamming shields, like I said on a similar thread. I'd do the same if I were them, a Storm wizard can be a scary sight in the arena. But, a smart Diviner will carry Shatters, Lightning Elves, a pet that gives a shield clearing card, etc. I myself utilize all of the above means of shield clearing, including an Epic Rain Beetle, Wild Bolts, Shatters, Elves, etc. Also, using Bats to clear shields is a waste. With Colossal or Gargantuan, these guys can deal a thou damage, and that's without Critical.

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Defender
Feb 06, 2010
This sounds just like my post. Finally, someone who understands there are MILLIONS of ways to get around storms shields.

And if for some reason, you still complain about shields, you should obviously give up Pvp or make a new wizard to pvp with.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:

5. Shatter amulet!

1. you will never know when they will use a storm shield, and it isnt worth the trouble as myth can cause resistance and iron out your gear damage

2. ho ho, are you guaranteed with such good and rare talents of every storm hound?

3. oh noes! 1000 points of a chance of good damage down the drain! it also wasted 2 pips!

4. even in the most dire and darkest times, lightning bats and thunder snakes shall always save me

5. wow! its only 38000 gold! and it will always come in handy!

6. did you forget how a noobish wand strike will waste the vauable feint and storm traps?

7. they stack a storm shield, then a tower or another storm treasure shield, your damage will be useless.

8. when did i ever recall you will buy huge amounts of them to use in duels? you will also need to have fire elf trained as your secondary.

9. okay, now how can i attack?

10. hmm, a dispel that costs 2 pips just to get rid of a storm shield? no thank you!

okay maybe i'm not helping the list, but i do have some things to turn on it since i can barely think of anything to make shield spamming fair.

served with vanilla cream and a cherry of sarcasm on top.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
I don't know why you felt compelled to create a second thread about this subject, but I think your spell idea already exists within the Myth School; several varieties of it actually.

As for your list...well,
1. This is false. Cast the Storm to Myth Prism AFTER your opponent puts up a Storm Shield. Last in First out.
2. The pet costs like 25 bucks. Better to buy the Storm Hound Amulet from the Bizarre or get the drop off a Boss.
3-4. Why use Wild Bolt when you can use Lightning Bats+Colossus. Wild Bolt is too unpredictable and Thunder Snake may force a power pip split.
5. Already using the Storm Hound Amulet. Besides, Shatter costs 3 pips which could equate to 6 pips if cast by a Storm Wizard.
6. Wands are GREAT! But this method makes Blades and Traps VERY tricky to use. Just ask the Balance Wizards...:)
7. 2000 x .70 = 1400 so you hit for 600 points. Not considering any universal resists, Tower Shield, Weakness, etc...this is NOT a big hit.
8. Good in theory, but hard on the upkeep.
9. This helps you defeat Storm Shields how?
10. Dissipate doesn't prevent the Storm Shields from both the Fire School and the Ice School.

I use the Storm Hound Amulet. Problem solved.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Daviato wrote:
I'll say Get Over On Picking Storm Wizards!

Sigh, I understand your frustration.

I did a 2v2 the other day with a storm a friend. We went first and STILL had a lot of trouble winning. Now, I specialize in 1v1 and 2v2, but like wow, my storm friend couldnt get off an attack without shield after shield after shield. I, being fire, would use scald, rain of fire, fire dragon, etc to get off my shields, but every attack my partner did was shielded.

The only way we finally won was because I used a nicely bladed Rain of Fire, with garg, infallible (armor piercing), and critical with no block.

In 1v1, I STILL feel as though Storm should just be quiet and use prism, or lightning elf mutates or SOMETHING.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
Dridsuzy wrote:

As for your list...well,
1. This is false. Cast the Storm to Myth Prism AFTER your opponent puts up a Storm Shield. Last in First out.

Lol. Yeah keep thinking that.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Daviato wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

5. Shatter amulet!

Any school can use those steps, why do Storm has to do that? Sooner or later just like Myth got a over time damage, Storm should get one.

Storm dispel for what? Volcanic shields and Glacial Shields are not even Storm spells.

So in the whole battle all I'm gonna be doing is casting bolt, snake, bats and Shatter to take shields off, while the other wizard boots up and then defeats me.

That's exactly, why I don't PvP anymore... Shields after shields and more shields!

We are the only school doom to face them!

I wonder why you don't have a cheap response to the first option.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Dridsuzy wrote:
I don't know why you felt compelled to create a second thread about this subject, but I think your spell idea already exists within the Myth School; several varieties of it actually.

As for your list...well,
2. The pet costs like 25 bucks. Better to buy the Storm Hound Amulet from the Bizarre or get the drop off a Boss.
3-4. Why use Wild Bolt when you can use Lightning Bats+Colossus. Wild Bolt is too unpredictable and Thunder Snake may force a power pip split.
5. Already using the Storm Hound Amulet. Besides, Shatter costs 3 pips which could equate to 6 pips if cast by a Storm Wizard.
6. Wands are GREAT! But this method makes Blades and Traps VERY tricky to use. Just ask the Balance Wizards...:)
7. 2000 x .70 = 1400 so you hit for 600 points. Not considering any universal resists, Tower Shield, Weakness, etc...this is NOT a big hit.
8. Good in theory, but hard on the upkeep.
9. This helps you defeat Storm Shields how?
10. Dissipate doesn't prevent the Storm Shields from both the Fire School and the Ice School.

I use the Storm Hound Amulet. Problem solved.

Because you have some common sense. Oh, but what about grouped PvP? You at least noticed that storm doesn't have to take out everyone and steal the spotlight.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Daviato wrote:

Thats funny you think we're picking on storms, when most of us probably do have storms. Davito why don't you think and notice that we're proving a point that KI leaves us to prove. Storm doesn't need a DoT! Many have proved it on W101central, and on here. You guys complained about the 48 spells. "Why are Orhtrus and Fire Dragon stronger than Storm Lord?" Lets remember those 58 spells. "The weakness I don't know how to wand things off", "why does snow angel do so much power?", "ugh Skeletal Dragon is almost as strong as Levithan", don't forget the classic "Medusa's stun is too much, because I'm too cheap to buy so stun shields or convictions." Now what are you complaining about now with the 68?
"Basilisk is a DoT and it stuns unfair!", or "Rain of Fire is an even more overpowered snow angel!", how about "Chimera breaks my tower because I don't wanna buy spirit shield for 150 gold", remember this? "Gnomes does too much and keeps me from healing for two rounds!", don't forget "Dr. Von's Monster does a lot for a steal health spell and leaves a weak infection!" (which I feel should be boosted), "Woolly Mammoth does a lot and stuns!", "Sirens doesn't do the most dmg, but almost positive makes them fizzle, takes away a blade from every it hits, and makes the enemy still attack the teammates!" Whats next when we get our 78 spells?

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
The only way storm wizards will get over it is if every spell but storm ones are reduced to trash.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
jojowild23 wrote:
Dridsuzy wrote:

As for your list...well,

JoJoWild, please go check, because you are wrong if you think that Dridsuzy is wrong.

If a storm shield is cast first, you can use a prism to go around the storm shield! However, if a myth shield is cast first and then the prism, you must remove the myth shield or the myth shield will be activated. If a storm shield is placed after the prism, then the storm shield will activate.

Again, I ask that people that post, please check your facts before you tell someone that they are wrong.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
jojowild23 wrote:
Dridsuzy wrote:

As for your list...well,

Based on the fact that both Dridsuzy and I have been playing w101 much longer than you have, and that I have a Life wizard (no Damage over Time spell), I think we know how prisms work.

Place prism AFTER someone has shielded, place traps AFTER you have used prism.

Seriously, it's a simple concept. Last in, first out. (Last ward to be used is the first one activated).

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:
Daviato wrote:

Thats funny you think we're picking on storms, when most of us probably do have storms. Davito why don't you think and notice that we're proving a point that KI leaves us to prove. Storm doesn't need a DoT! Many have proved it on W101central, and on here. You guys complained about the 48 spells. "Why are Orhtrus and Fire Dragon stronger than Storm Lord?" Lets remember those 58 spells. "The weakness I don't know how to wand things off", "why does snow angel do so much power?", "ugh Skeletal Dragon is almost as strong as Levithan", don't forget the classic "Medusa's stun is too much, because I'm too cheap to buy so stun shields or convictions." Now what are you complaining about now with the 68?
"Basilisk is a DoT and it stuns unfair!", or "Rain of Fire is an even more overpowered snow angel!", how about "Chimera breaks my tower because I don't wanna buy spirit shield for 150 gold", remember this? "Gnomes does too much and keeps me from healing for two rounds!", don't forget "Dr. Von's Monster does a lot for a steal health spell and leaves a weak infection!" (which I feel should be boosted), "Woolly Mammoth does a lot and stuns!", "Sirens doesn't do the most dmg, but almost positive makes them fizzle, takes away a blade from every it hits, and makes the enemy still attack the teammates!" Whats next when we get our 78 spells?

I never complain anything of those spells...

I clearly support for Storm to obtain a DoT spell, due to unfairness of shields any of our spells cannot do any damage.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
kamarynjelise wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:
Dridsuzy wrote:

As for your list...well,

Based on the fact that both Dridsuzy and I have been playing w101 much longer than you have, and that I have a Life wizard (no Damage over Time spell), I think we know how prisms work.

Place prism AFTER someone has shielded, place traps AFTER you have used prism.

Seriously, it's a simple concept. Last in, first out. (Last ward to be used is the first one activated).

No, you're right and Dridsuzy was right, I was mistaken. I guess I was just more used to the proper use of converts for overcoming storm resistance. Plus, my main wizard is balance and we don't have to worry about prisms.

Not that it's a great PvP strategy, anyway. And can potentially backfire on the storm wizard trying to use a prism--i.e. a glacial shield, then storm prism, then volcanic shield in succession provides the Storm's opponent with two stacked blocks the Storm has just given where ordinarily there would only be one shielded attack. And since, ordinarily, on any given turn in PvP, I am either shielding or taking the Storm out, well...doesn't really matter.

The thought of storm wizards wasting deck space on prisms makes me... ...a little.