Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Length of inactive time is too short & flawed

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I am tired of jumping up (when not in battle) to grab something to eat or drink, run to bathroom and/or check laundry and come back to be disconnected...with the option to quit? Why the heck is their an option to quit when you have absolutely no choice but to quit.

1. The time on the inactivity needs to be longer (i've been gone like 5 minutes and disconnected)
2. They need to change it to this: 'You have been inactive for a while, would you like to quit?' with a 'yes' or 'no' button so that you can stay in the game and not have to close the browser and re-log in. This irks me seriously
3. The bug in this system, I was trying to make a list of ALL my pets, and while scrolling thru them and jotting down the info, the game must not consider this 'activity' because i was booted for inactivity. Now idk how you are considered inactive if you have your book open and are actively scrolling through your pets...
*** another bug here is while I was gardening, I was doing something on my 2nd account (probably pet training) and clicked back to my person who was gardening... I cast a garden spell and a minute later got the inactive disconnect. Now if I JUST used a garden spell (but didnt move my character anywhere on the screen) how am I considered inactive if i'm actively gardening??

I will submit these as bugs to customer support but just wondered if anyone else had these issues or agreed with me on making the inactivity changes noted above. Thanks :)

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
Yes Taryn, I am having these issues as well. Supposedly, those who have either paid for an entire year, or pay monthly for ALL areas, are supposed to be logged in for about a half hour before disconnection. (At least this is what I was told, by someone who has been playing for over a year). I JUST got myself a yearly account, but have been playing monthly for the past 5 months or so. I'm constantly getting disconnected and it can be very annoying, while in a dungeon especially. Like you, we all have other things we are doing, while playing. I like your idea for this:

2. They need to change it to this: 'You have been inactive for a while, would you like to quit?' with a 'yes' or 'no' button so that you can stay in the game and not have to close the browser and re-log in.

As far as the bugs go, I've been in the same position as you. Going through my pets, taking screen shots, and being logged out while doing so. I haven't had the gardening problem, yet, thankfully. But I've written to them recently in regards to constantly being disconnected EVERY night. It isn't just me, either. It's my mother and my husband, too. He's just in the next room, and he's always yelling into me, "Sorry, my game crashed again". And it's normally during a battle. I wrote KI and told them what was going on, and they're blaming my internet connection. They also told me to go on when there aren't so many people playing. Um, 2am in the morning should be an okay time, right? Kids are in bed(or at least should be), and mostly the adults are on. That's normally when we're playing, even though we play at all different times of the day. I was actually disconnected from the game, while in the middle of Malistaire speaking to Sylvia. That's something I didn't skim through, to get done with it. I actually wanted to read everything. After I reconnected to the game, I was able to fight him, but unable to go back to what I missed. I got disconnected as soon as she appeared. My husband was disconnected as soon as we got there, and my mother was disconnected, right before sylvia appeared. It's ridiculous.

I also wrote a suggestion for those who do not have open chat. I've seen so many of them on lately, and I can't even speak to them or respond when they ask to "be my friend". I don't like always saying "I'm sorry, I can't", and then they keep requesting me. Then they write things like "Don't be mean" and it makes me feel bad. But, how can I honestly communicate with them? How can any of us, with complete open chat? I do hope they look into both of our problems. Take care and have a happy holiday!

"Catherine RavenFlame" or Jesse