Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Left-Handed Wands

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Ok, I may not be left-handed but several of my friends who play Wizard 101 are, and are complaining that they cant make their wizard hold a wand in their left hand. I think it would be cool to have an option to switch hands when you equip your wand. :)

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
GhostGirl14 wrote:
Ok, I may not be left-handed but several of my friends who play Wizard 101 are, and are complaining that they cant make their wizard hold a wand in their left hand. I think it would be cool to have an option to switch hands when you equip your wand. :)

DUDE! best idea ever! i'm left handed and i am going crazy hoping that they will make a left handed option! lydia! i'm asking, no, BEGGING you to answer me on this as a good idea! :D

Justin DragonBlood; lvl 45 thaumaturge 8)

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
It might actually be feasiable to do this simply by reflecting the graphics. If some clothing is asymmetric, it could make that look wrong, though. Remember how in The Legend of Zelda, Link was right handed most of the time, but left handed when attacking in a certain direction, as a result of the game reflecting the graphic for attacking in the opposite direction in order to save space?

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I'm left handed myself and every time I see my wizard running or casting a spell it looks odd to me because its in their right hand. I would love to see us with the option to hold our wands/staffs/swords in left hand.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
See? You all get the idea too. I sure hope they do this soon so my friends will stop asking me, "When are they gonna do left-handed wands?"
P.S. Quizzical, can you try to sound less confusing? But yes I know what you mean with the Legend of Zelda game.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009