Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beginner Storm Wizard Help?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2010
I have a level 10 storm wizard, Ellie Mistgem. I am having trouble because i keep being defeated in battles. I remember i saw a beginner life guide somewhere, so I was wondering if there are any tips or guides for beginner storm wizards. I love storm and I think it fits me perfectly, but I need more help with how I should play her. I also have a level 27(i believe) life wizard which I love, but I want to level up my storm. Thanks for your help :) :D

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
clumsyxgirl1998 wrote:
I have a level 10 storm wizard, Ellie Mistgem. I am having trouble because i keep being defeated in battles. I remember i saw a beginner life guide somewhere, so I was wondering if there are any tips or guides for beginner storm wizards. I love storm and I think it fits me perfectly, but I need more help with how I should play her. I also have a level 27(i believe) life wizard which I love, but I want to level up my storm. Thanks for your help :) :D

You are looking for Wizard101Central.com they have quite the amount of information about anything in the game and it has been very helpful to me.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
clumsyxgirl1998 wrote:

It is pretty simple! just buy good equipment

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
I have a level 36 fire wizard the only thing I can really tell you is if your trying to beat triton ave. Then I know wit u mean my storm wizard is stuck the trick is to have life wizard friends that will heal u and help u when u need it and u also can try to get more shields or have your secondary school life

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
clumsyxgirl1998 wrote:

Another thing is since I am a LV42 Death i don't really know much about storm, but I do know this I buy a lot of the best of my LV and type. So I have equipment that gives me 5% chance more for getting Power pips, 100 hp, 10% more damage to enemies and 8% resistance to death.( but that is only the robe) so I have 50% chance of getting power pips, 20% more damage to death, and 32% resistance to death. So it is easy to get equipment. But here is the Problem each one cost about 8,500 gold coins so that is my advice! :)

Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
i have a lv 10 storm wizard to and how i play is defencive. storm wizards dont really level up that fast so cast shields on your-self and that will at least improve your chances in battle. someone elso said buy good equipment, but i'm been to the bazaar and the shops in the shopping district and storm just doesnt get good chlothes in wizard city. so what i say you do is get shield spells.

Ian Mythgiver: level 36 myth
Ian Stormcaster: level 10 storm

Explorer
Jun 17, 2009
here is what I do on my death wizard:

I buy the clothing or atheme that has the most life and make sure that it has some resist or attack boost for the clothing. Make sure that you have the right amount or higher to buy it

Seth Silverhammer
level 50 death

hopes this works out for you

Developer
At level 10 you get to learn Storm Shark! A storm wizard should choose equipment that maximizes health. And I would highly recommend learning the Life School spell Sprite, which you can do at level 10! Life spells are terrific support spells for the Storm School. Let us know how your battles are going!

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
I totally agree with Prof. Moolinda Wu. 1. Life and Storm go great together because Storm causes A LOT of damage and Life can heal you to. 2. My Life wizard, Pixiegem, Autumn Pixiegem is one of Prof. Moolinda Wus's students!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
winter9944 wrote:
I totally agree with Prof. Moolinda Wu. 1. Life and Storm go great together because Storm causes A LOT of damage and Life can heal you to. 2. My Life wizard, Pixiegem, Autumn Pixiegem is one of Prof. Moolinda Wus's students!

I am curious on why to learn Life to Sprite? My Storm wizard was supplied with a Sprite in the beginning why would I waste training points on that?

My higher level Storm wizard did do a lot of fizzling early on so battles where a test of patience but I did solo most of them. Buying or getting the best gear at that level is not possible really.

My first wizard which was Life did train in secondary schools and I was glad I did Death to Feint but when I finally figured out how to play I just made it on training points for ones that really helped me so when I did make other wizards I did not train in any secondary school that did not enhance the spells from my main school, such as the blades and traps from Niles, later on the Sun spells. Once you are able to get power pips your secondary school spells cost to much to cast unless you buy the amulet to support them. The only thing I will add is that a pet with Spritely has really helped all my wizards.

Explorer
May 09, 2010
clumsyxgirl1998 wrote:

My first character was a storm wizard. In just less than a month I go from level one to 68. For tips, I suggest you go for health equip first- since storm has the least hp of all classes. The fizzling will reduce once your in a high enough level.
Remember storm types are great damage dealers, they hit hard and they hit fast. After you get tempest and storm lord, you will be fighting battles 3 rounds or less.
Lastly stay on realms where there is a crowd. it is fun to have someone at your side doing quest or battling.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I've never experienced this before, but buy new gear and complete the easiest quests you have so you can level up and be able to do your quests that you've been struggling on. If you still have trouble, contact me. I have a level 60 fire wizard. My name is Gavin Strongsword

Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
clumsyxgirl1998 wrote:

get packs and good stuff it relly helps i am a storm wizard and i hardly get beat :)

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I'm a legendary Storm, and here's what I wish I would have done when I was your level.
For one thing, my secondary school was fire (because it has the second-most damage). You need life spells (train up to but not past Satyr). And once you've gotten that far, I'd recommend either Death to feint or Life to tower shield. You want to save some of your training points for when you're in Celestia and want to train Astral school spells. Very useful. But don't worry about it until you've trained to Satyr and then to tower shield or feint.
I'd also recommend equipment that gives as much health as possible until level 30 or so (when you can get equipment that gives +10-15% damage instead of +5% damage). At that point, just try to keep your health above... probably 1400 (it's been a while since I was level 30, just keep it high enough that bosses can't one-hit you) and focus on damage and getting perfect accuracy. Storm is about doing a lot of damage, fast. I find tower shield to be incredibly useful, but you can also just train Death until you get the myth/life shield spell and then you should have a shield for every school besides balance (fire/ice and storm shield, myth/death from life, myth/life from death).
In the lower levels, each school seems to be created almost equal, but when you get to the higher levels they separate into completely different playing strategies, and it sort of defines you.
The only mistake I made was wasting my training points on the wrong spells, because it does cost crowns to get them back. So put some thought into which spells you really want and which ones you don't. You're looking for spells that will enhance your Storm spells, because you won't end up using the damage spells from other schools.
Also, do side quests until you find that the equipment you're getting from fights is too low of a level for you, and then stick to the story line. I never did side quests and I ended up done with Dragonspyre at level 45. You need to do some side quests to keep up.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
clumsyxgirl1998 wrote:

if i where u i would ask my friends for help or... by stuff from the crown shop or bazarr since the sell stuff that give health 8)

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I have 2 answers, go to Wizard101 central.com, or you can get equipment (Hope I speleld that right) that gives health. Hopefully this helps. ----Jasmine Fireblade

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Okay, so your a Storm. Well, even though I am not a Storm, I happen to know alot about it. Storm has the most raw power in the game. All the spells have some of the highest base attack of any schools. Now, because of this, the game creators gave you Storm guys the lowest health in the game, as well as the lowest accuracy, because with great power comes great responsibility (though you've probably heard people say that like a billion times). Now, you are lucky to be getting defeated early in the game, because it means that you won't hit the Storm Wall that you usually encounter around late Krokotopia. This is where all Storm students realize that they need some defense. You're hitting this wall early, so the easy answer is to perfect (or in some cases develop) a good defense system. It may seem useless or a waste of time now, but if you get in the habit of it now, then it will pay off.

For example when you are later in the game, then you will have spells that can take out the enemy with one hit or one hit plus a couple quick wand blasts. Problem with that is that the more power a spell does the more pips it costs. So as you are building up more and more pips to use the spells, then you have multiple rounds where you are just being hammered by the enemy. Now if you develop a defense system now, the you just can add more to it later on, making it stronger, and no need to waste training points later on. Also, I recommend taking on the Sun astral school when you get around to that, as they have great spells to increase the accuracy of your spells, and I also recommend either taking on Ice until Tower Shield, or Balance with Niles to get Spirit Shield and Elemental Shield. These will help. Another thing is that it is good to sell all your items at the Bazaar in Old Town, as they will give you the best price for absoulutely anything (I had a statue, they gave me 10,000 gold for it, while other shops would only give me 1,000 or less). Plus they usually have great prices for good stuff, so you can easily get some better gear.