Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Twelve days of Christmas

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 21, 2010
I love this idea and I am having great fun with it. But, I have a request, especially for people who don't play everyday. Or, like my son who is autistic. He really wanted those Christmas lights. He didn't play the game that day and missed it. Could you maybe repeat the promotion again? TY. Also, I loved that nightmare pack. Seriously, I don't really want to wait a year for either promotion. Could KI run the promotions at other times of the year? We could have Christmas in July. Halloween in April. Or whatever. Trust me, was ready to spend those crowns for the Nightmare mount, etc. Thanks KI for listening.

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Well, I think the seasonal stuff should indeed be limited to their respective seasons. There's nothing quite as depressing as getting what you expect to be rare season-themed gear to run around with in the middle of the summer, only to find that the game in question does a "Christmas In Summer!" stint that ends up with everyone and their grandma having the exact same snowball cannon you hid away for half a year! (me? bitter about that little trickery on the part of an ex-game of mine? nonsense)

That said, though, I missed the christmas lights as well. But let's hope that we get something else to sink our greedy claws into. Or, perhaps, add it to the crown shoppe so those who failed to get the free stuff can still purchase the lights? :-D

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
mare62 wrote:
I love this idea and I am having great fun with it. But, I have a request, especially for people who don't play everyday. Or, like my son who is autistic. He really wanted those Christmas lights. He didn't play the game that day and missed it. Could you maybe repeat the promotion again? TY. Also, I loved that nightmare pack. Seriously, I don't really want to wait a year for either promotion. Could KI run the promotions at other times of the year? We could have Christmas in July. Halloween in April. Or whatever. Trust me, was ready to spend those crowns for the Nightmare mount, etc. Thanks KI for listening.

Hey, I know what you mean. Personally allot of great deals that have happened in the past i've missed a bunch. But, personally, I think its just a matter of how much you play and don't play. Considering i'm a MAJOR geek with this game (lol) I play tons. But, its just a matter of how much news you keep track of on the game. Realize if they made more deals or free promotion days such as those lights you were talking about... then it wouldn't be special, now would it? :) I say the way KI is running their promotions is fine, but its all opinion based. Happy holidays y'all :)
~Roslyn & Kelsey Storm, Legendary Warlords

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Bookshelvings wrote:

That said, though, I missed the christmas lights as well. But let's hope that we get something else to sink our greedy claws into. Or, perhaps, add it to the crown shoppe so those who failed to get the free stuff can still purchase the lights? :D

Thanks For Putting that in there heads.... we have enough that cost crowns don't ya think.... LOL

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Hooray! Decorations and a tree in the crown shop, Ty KI! :D But I can't use the wall wreath, it won't go anywhere. Anyone else having this happen?

Also there is mention of decorations purchasable with gold, but i didn't see these in the crown shop, I only saw crown items there. Anyone know where more holiday tidbits can be bought using gold?

~~~ Cheers and Happy Holidays! ~~~
Chris Lifebringer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The Christmas lights are now in the crown shop and can be purchased with either crowns or gold. :D

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Thank you Santa Wizard! The Holiday Wreath is working now! And thank you for the reply, I see the Gold tab option in the Crown shop.

~~~ Cheers and Happy Holidays! ~~~
Chris Lifebringer

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
mare62 wrote:

Maybe on the very last day of the 12 days, they could re-offer all of the free things they were giving away... on December 21st....

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I have seen several posts that say some of the christmas items in the crown shop can be bought with gold or crowns. But when I go to look at the itmes in the crown shop everything being sold you can only buy with crowns. Am I missing something, is there a special shop that you can go to and purchase the items, cause if you are suppose to be able to get them from the crown shop for gold or crowns then guess I wont be able to get any of them as it only shows everything is avaliable for crowns only :(

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
It would be utterly fantastic if the Pegasus mounts were dye-able (like the hounds - just the trim color) so we could make them match our outfits no matter what school. :)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
shindralli wrote:
I have seen several posts that say some of the christmas items in the crown shop can be bought with gold or crowns. But when I go to look at the itmes in the crown shop everything being sold you can only buy with crowns. Am I missing something, is there a special shop that you can go to and purchase the items, cause if you are suppose to be able to get them from the crown shop for gold or crowns then guess I wont be able to get any of them as it only shows everything is avaliable for crowns only :(

Click on the 'gold' tab to the right where the preview of each item is. All the decorations can be purchased with gold.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I think that is a good idea.

KI, money making opportunity screaming in your face! I know you love the money! After all, the world and it's people could not exist if it were not for loads and loads and loads of money.

You have multiple color variations of the same mounts in the crown shop.
I understand that enabling those mounts to be dyed would quite possibly make you not make as much money as you could.

Here is a suggestion.

Make the TRIM of each colored mount dyable. As in, the base color won't ever change, but you can make it so players can choose TRIM color. Here is your favorite part, the part where you can make that ever so important money.

Charge CROWNS for trim dyes. 500 crowns to change trim color. Base color will always stay the same, but trim can be dyed. See? You'll be meeting players at least half-way with what players would want, and with what you guys want. Money.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
FYI - for next year

The 12 Days of Christmas traditionally begin on December 26th and continue with a gift a day until January 6th - Epiphany - when the wise Magi presented priceless gifts to the Christ child. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! May your spells never fizzle!

Administrator
nana62753 wrote:
FYI - for next year

The 12 Days of Christmas traditionally begin on December 26th and continue with a gift a day until January 6th - Epiphany - when the wise Magi presented priceless gifts to the Christ child. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! May your spells never fizzle!

Yes thank you, we know, which is why these were the 12 (make that 13!) days of Wizard, not Christmas. We celebrate Yuletide in the Spiral.

community@wizard101.com