Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell Ideas to Patch-up the Schools.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Please do not post you own spell ideas on this thread, just go and create your own thread.

Why some of these spells aren't original:

At first, I thought originality was virtue for good spells, but I was wrong. We have to remember that this isn't a competition to who has the best ideas and the prize is KI adding them, we are simply telling KI what spells we would like added into the game, even if the spells aren't our own ideas. My perfect example of this is chimera and volcano, they weren't added because they were the best ideas out there, they were added because many players suggested and wanted them. If you see your spell idea posted here, ask for credit, but don't take it as an insult. If it's added, it means I liked it that much more than any other given spell Idea I've read. IT also means that KI is more likely to add it, so I actually encourage you to copy your favorite spell ideas (give credit if they ask; you don't want to claim the ideas, just re-post them to increase their visibility.) Don't worry though; most of the spells in this thread are original.

After all this boring talking, let get on to the fun stuff:

Ember (Fire)

Level 25: Incinerate, 4 pips, Text: 405-475 Fire Damage

Level 36: Suffocate, 0 pips, Text: Stun target for 1 round

Level 45: Singe, 2 pips, Text: 180 Fire Damage over 3 rounds to all enemies.

Level 52: Conflagrate, 6 pips, Text: 600 Fire damage over 3 rounds to all enemies.

Level 56: Kindle, 1 pip, trap, Text: Increase next incoming Damage over time effect by 1 round.

Level 62: Asphyxiate, 2 pips, Text: Dispel 1 random school

Level 65: Smog, 3 pips, bubble, Text: -10% accuracy to all non-fire schools and prevent accuracy modifiers from taking effect (includes accuracy from gear and pet.)

Frost (Ice)

Level 25: Dramatic Rescue, 2 pips, positive ward, Text: If an incoming hit were to be fatal, you take the damage instead of the target

Level 36: Consolidate, 1 pip, positive ward, Text: -25% to next incoming damage spell X3.

Level 45: Safeguard, 0 pips, aura, Text: +20% resist, +20% block, and +20% stun block.

Level 52: Hypothermia, 6 pips, Text: 105 + 645 Ice Damage over 3 rounds.

Level 56: Shock-absorber, 1 pip, positive aura, Text: +25% incoming damage to self and -25% incoming damage to all allies for 4 rounds.

Level 62: Human Shield, 1 pip, ward, Text: -70% to next incoming damage spell for allies only, take damage equal to the amount of damage that was reduced when shield effect is resolved.

Level 65: Deep Freeze, 1 pip, negative aura, Text: -25% power pip chance and increase targets threat to all enemies for 4 rounds.

Tempest (Storm)

Level 25: Static, 2 pips, Text: Interrupt and deal 170 storm damage.
Notes: Interrupt means that it always goes first.

Level 36: Tornado, 4 pips, Text: 50% chance to do 565 storm damage and +20% to next incoming storm damage spell to all enemies.
Notes: Think of the 50% chance as a coin flip. It goes to each enemy flipping a coin, if heads it hits, if tails it skips them entirely.

Level 45: Lightning Storm, 5 pips, Text: 420 + 330 storm damage over 3 rounds.

Level 52: Tsunami, X pips, Text: 125 storm damage per pip.

Level 56: Acid Rain, 3 pips, Text: Remove all positive charms from target.

Level 62: Paralyze, 0 pips, Text: Stun target for 1 round.

Level 65: Purify, 2 pips, Text: Remove all negative charms from target.

Chaos (Myth)

Level 25: Chaos Prism, 0 pips, charm, Text: Convert next out going myth damage spell to storm damage.

Level 36: Kraken Minion, 4 pips, minion, Text: Summon one minion of storm.
Health: 400
Spells: Storm blade, storm trap, thunder snake, lightning bats, storm shark, Mythical Kraken*.
Style: Acts like the ice minion.
*Mythical Kraken: 4 pips, Text: 570 storm damage over three rounds

Level 45: Dryad Minion, 5 pips, minion, Text: Summon one minion of life.
Health: 900
Spells: Guiding light, Sprite, Fairy, Mythical Dryad*.
Style: Spams guiding lights and sprite, will sometimes cast fairy and Mythical Dryad on hurt players.
*Mythical Dryad, X pips, Text: 150 health over 3 rounds per pip.

Level 52: Puppet Legion, 3 pips, minion, Text: Summon 3 living puppet minions.

Level 56: Snowman Minion, 6 pips, minion, Text: Summon 1 minion of Ice.
Health: 1400
Stats: 25% resist, 25% block.
Spells: Taunt, Mega Taunt, Tower Shield, Legion Shield, Spirit Armor, Sprite, Mythical Snowman*.
Style: Spams Taunt and Tower shield, Seldom casts Legion shield and Spirit Armor, 50% chance to cast sprite on itself it's hurt, always casts Mythical Snow man if it has the pips, and always casts mega taunt when the player is targeted by an attack (not an interrupt.)
*Mythical Snowman: 4 pips, Text: 35 + 420 ice damage over 3 rounds and greatly increase threat on target.

Level 62: Judgment Minion, 6 pips, minion, Text: Summon 1 minion of Balance.
Health: 1110
Spells: Balance Blade, Blade Storm, Spirit Blade, Hex, Feint, Weakness, Black Mantle, Asphyxiate, Smoke Screen, Plague, Mythical Judge*.
Style: Spams charms and wards, casts Mythical Judge whenever it has that pips. Smokescreen and plague are only used if there are multiple enemies, blade storm is only used if there are multiple allies.
*Mythical Judge: 4 pips, Text: 300 balance damage, -25% to next out going spell (weakness), and +30% to next incoming spell (hex.)

Level 58: Solitude, 0 pips, manipulation, Text: Draw 1 minion card.
Notes: It shows you a list of all minions that you have so far, then it allows you to pick one and put it in your hand. This all happens during the 30 seconds, so it’s like an enchantment. (Minion doesn't have to be in deck.)

Earth (Life)

Level 25: Tremor, 4 pips, Text: 255-295 Life damage to all enemies.

Level 36: Bramble, 2 pips, bubble, Text: +30% Life damage

Level 45: Psychic shield, 4 pips, Text: Absorb 520 damage.

Level 52: Pegasus, 5 pips, Text: 500 health and remove one DoT effect from all allies.

Level 56: Miasma, 4 pips, Text: 15 + 420 life damage over 3 rounds.

Level 62: Purge, 4 pips, Text: Remove all negative charms and wards from all allies.

Level 65: Angel, 6 pips, Text: 1260 Health.

Spirit (Death)

Level 25: Specter, 4 pips, Text: 260-300 death damage to all enemies.
-Created by DeathShard.

Level 36: Bone-yard, 2 pips, bubble, Text: +25% death damage.

Level 45: Adulterate, 1 pip, Text: -45% healing to all enemies.

Level 52: Ritual, 4 pips, Text: Take 300 death damage to heal 900 health.

Level 56: Dish out, 0 pips, charm, Text: -50% health return to next out going drain spell, but make it return health to all friends.

Level 62: Blight, 1 pip, Text: Remove all HoT effects and stun pet for 2 rounds to all enemies.

Level 65: Will-O-The-Wisp, 6 pips, Text: 10 + 600 death drain over three rounds, convert half to health.
Notes: You get the health return when the opponent takes damage from the DoT. I.e. they take damage from the DoT, then it interrupts and shows you being healed by half the damage that they took. If the is too hard to program, than we can just make it "...and convert half to one heal over time effect."

Equilibrium (Balance)

Level 25: Upper Hand, 2 pips, bubble, Text: -15% damage to all opponents, +15% damage to all allies.
Notes: The effect fits balance perfectly as one of balance's descriptions is "change the rules of game-play."
-Created by Solid Snake.

Level 36: Ethereal Blast, 4 pips, Text: 365 Life Damage, 440 Death damage, or 550 Myth Damage.
Notes: The damage is based off of spectral blast, not the life, death, and myth's dpp.
-No Idea who created this spell.

Level 45: Spectral Shatter, 1 pip, Text: Remove 1 fire, ice, and storm shield from target.

Level 52: Ethereal Shatter, 1 pip, Text: Remove 1 life, death, and myth shield from target.

Level 56: Alleviate, 6 pips, Text: 720 health over 3 rounds to all allies.
There is no initial heal so balance doesn't rip off life (without an initial heal, it can't resurrect defeated players.)

Level 62: Verdict, 6 pips, Text: 455 Balance damage and dispel last school cast.
Notes: I.e. let’s say your opponent casts a storm blade than you cast this spell, this spells effect would place a storm dispel on the opponent becuase that was the school of their last cast spell.

Level 65: Magnify, 1 pip, charm, Text: +10% damage, +10% accuracy, does not not disappear after use.
Notes: It's effectively a permanent blade (besides the fact that it can be remove by spell like earthquake.) A magnify blade does not stack with another one.

Constructive criticism is welcomed and appreciated.
I hope you enjoyed reading my spell ideas,
-FireArrow

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Solstice64 wrote:
Please do not post you own spell ideas on this thread, just go and create your own thread.

At first, I thought originality was virtue for good spells, but I was wrong. We have to remember that this isn't a competition to who has the best ideas and the prize is KI adding them, we are simply telling KI what spells we would like added into the game, even if the spells aren't our own ideas. My perfect example of this is chimera and volcano, they weren't added because they were the best ideas out there, they were added because many players suggested and wanted them. If you see your spell idea posted here, ask for credit, but don't take it as an insult. If it's added, it means I liked it that much more than any other given spell Idea I've read. IT also means that KI is more likely to add it, so I actually encourage you to copy your favorite spell ideas (give credit if they ask; you don't want to claim the ideas, just re-post them to increase their visibility.) Don't worry though; most of the spells in this thread are original.

Ember (Fire)

Level 52: Conflagrate, 6 pips, Text: 600 Fire damage over 3 rounds to all enemies.

Level 56: Kindle, 1 pip, trap, Text: Increase next incoming Damage over time effect by 1 round.

Level 65: Smog, 2 pips, bubble, Text: -10% accuracy to all non-fire schools and prevent accuracy modifiers from taking effect (includes accuracy from gear and pet.)

Frost (Ice)

Level 25: Dramatic Rescue, 2 pips, positive ward, Text: If an incoming hit were to be fatal, you take the damage instead of the target

Level 36: Consolidate, 1 pip, positive ward, Text: -25% to next incoming damage spell X3.

Level 45: Safeguard, 4 pips, Text: Absorb 420 damage for all friends.

Level 56: Shock-absorber, 1 pip, positive aura, Text: +25% incoming damage to self and -25% incoming damage to all allies for 4 rounds.

Level 62: Human Shield, 1 pip, ward, Text: -70% to next incoming damage spell for allies only, take damage equal to the amount of damage that was reduced when shield effect is resolved.

Level 65: Deep Freeze, 1 pip, negative aura, Text: -25% power pip chance and increase targets threat to all enemies for 4 rounds.

Tempest (Storm)

Level 36: Tornado, 4 pips, Text: 50% chance to do 565 storm damage and +20% to next incoming storm damage spell to all enemies.
Notes: Think of the 50% chance as a coin flip. It goes to each enemy flipping a coin, if heads it hits, if tails it skips them entirely.

Level 52: Tsunami, X pips, Text: 140 storm damage to all enemies and 60 storm damage to all friends per pip.

Chaos (Myth)

Level 25: Chaos Prism, 0 pips, charm, Text: Convert next out going myth damage spell to storm damage.

Spells: Storm blade, storm trap, thunder snake, lightning bats, storm shark, Mythical Kraken*.

Level 45: Dryad Minion, 4 pips, minion, Text: Summon one minion of life.
Health: 500
Style: Spams guiding lights and sprite, will sometimes cast fairy and Mythical Dryad on hurt players.

Level 56: Snowman Minion, 4 pips, minion, Text: Summon 1 minion of Ice.
Health: 760
Spells: Taunt, Mega Taunt, Tower Shield, Legion Shield, Spirit Armor, Sprite, Mythical Snowman*.
Style: Spams Taunt and Tower shield, Seldom casts Legion shield and Spirit Armor, 50% chance to cast sprite on itself it's hurt, always casts Mythical Snow man if it has the pips, and always casts mega taunt when the player is targeted by an attack (not an interrupt.)
*Mythical Snowman: 4 pips, Text: 35 + 420 ice damage over 3 rounds and greatly increase threat on target.

Level 62: Judgment Minion, 4 pips, minion, Text: Summon 1 minion of Balance.
Health: 595
Spells: Balance Blade, Blade Storm, Spirit Blade, Hex, Feint, Weakness, Black Mantle, Asphyxiate, Smoke Screen, Plague, Mythical Judge*.
Style: Spams charms and wards, casts Mythical Judge whenever it has that pips. Smokescreen and plague are only used if there are multiple enemies, blade storm is only used if there are multiple allies.
*Mythical Judge: 4 pips, Text: 300 balance damage, -25% to next out going spell (weakness), and +30% to next incoming spell (hex.)

Notes: It shows you a list of all minions that you have so far, then it allows you to pick one and put it in your hand. This all happens during the 30 seconds, so it’s like an enchantment. (Minion doesn't have to be in deck.)

Earth (Life)

Level 52: Pegasus, 5 pips, Text: 500 health and remove one DoT effect from all allies.

Level 62: Purge, 4 pips, Text: Remove all negative charms and wards from all allies.

Spirit (Death)

-Created by DeathShard.

Level 56: Dish out, 0 pips, charm, Text: -50% health return to next out going drain spell, but make it return health to all friends.

Level 62: Blight, 1 pip, Text: Remove all HoT effects and stun pet for 2 rounds to all enemies.

Level 65: Will-O-The-Wisp, 6 pips, Text: 10 + 600 death drain over three rounds, convert half to health.
Notes: You get the health return when the opponent takes damage from the DoT. I.e. they take damage from the DoT, then it interrupts and shows you being healed by half the damage that they took. If the is too hard to program, than we can just make it "...and convert half to one heal over time effect."

Equilibrium (Balance)

Level 25: Upper Hand, 2 pips, bubble, Text: -15% damage to all opponents, +15% damage to all allies.
Notes: The effect fits balance perfectly as one of balance's descriptions is "change the rules of game-play."
-Created by Solid Snake.

Level 36: Ethereal Blast, 4 pips, Text: 365 Life Damage, 440 Death damage, or 550 Myth Damage.
Notes: The damage is based off of spectral blast, not the life, death, and myth's dpp.

Level 45: Spectral Shatter, 1 pip, Text: Remove 1 fire, ice, and storm shield from target.

Level 52: Ethereal Shatter, 1 pip, Text: Remove 1 life, death, and myth shield from target.

There is no initial heal so balance doesn't rip off life (without an initial heal, it can't resurrect defeated players.)

Level 62: Verdict, 6 pips, Text: 455 Balance damage and dispel last school cast.
Notes: I.e. let’s say your opponent casts a storm blade than you cast this spell, this spells effect would place a storm dispel on the opponent becuase that was the school of their last cast spell.

Level 65: Magnify, 1 pip, charm, Text: +10% damage, +10% accuracy, does not not disappear after use.
Notes: It's effectively a permanent blade (besides the fact that it can be remove by spell like earthquake.) A magnify blade does not stack with another one.

-FireArrow

Eh, The level 45 fire spell and 52 fire spell sound like a rip-off on scald for more pips to me :?

All the other spells sounds good to me

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
I actually thought this was really thought out, it could rly get rid of the unfairness between all the schools.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Randomperson16 wrote:

Eh, The level 45 fire spell and 52 fire spell sound like a rip-off on scald for more pips to me :?

All the other spells sounds good to me

The level 52 spell is an upgrade of scald.

The level 45 spell is meant to be a "spammable" scald.

bagle143 wrote:
I actually thought this was really thought out, it could rly get rid of the unfairness between all the schools.

Thanks you. That's what these spells are supposed to do.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Well, the Ember spell (wow I forget what it's called already, sry lol) that goes to "all non-fire schools" should also target fire. I'd be kind of upset having a spell I couldn't use on any enemy. Although, I realize this is so it wouldn't backfire, I doubt KI will EVER make a "bubble" that wouldn't backfire.

Furthermore, your ideas, and the ideas you've shared from others, are very good, and well thought-out.

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
I don't know if I was the first to do it, but there's an idea I had for Ethereal Blast, so could I get credit or at least partial credit?

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/75/12090.ftl#206482

Just scroll down or use ctrl + F and find Zeruel85. It's in the first of my 2 posts.

Thanks!
- Valerian DarkBringer- Transcended Necromancer
- Thomas DragonCaster- Master Theurgist
- Galen FrostFlame- Master Thaumaturge

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
kamarynjelise wrote:
Well, the Ember spell (wow I forget what it's called already, sry lol) that goes to "all non-fire schools" should also target fire. I'd be kind of upset having a spell I couldn't use on any enemy.

Furthermore, your ideas, and the ideas you've shared from others, are very good, and well thought-out.

I made the fire bubble like that so it doesn't effect the caster, are you sure you want it to target fire?

Thanks for your nice comment.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Zeruel85 wrote:
I don't know if I was the first to do it, but there's an idea I had for Ethereal Blast, so could I get credit or at least partial credit?

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/75/12090.ftl#206482

Just scroll down or use ctrl + F and find Zeruel85. It's in the first of my 2 posts.

Thanks!
- Valerian DarkBringer- Transcended Necromancer
- Thomas DragonCaster- Master Theurgist
- Galen FrostFlame- Master Thaumaturge

Because you said, "I've heard many people wanting a spell like this" (or something like that) than that implies that you aren't the original creator.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:
Well, the Ember spell (wow I forget what it's called already, sry lol) that goes to "all non-fire schools" should also target fire. I'd be kind of upset having a spell I couldn't use on any enemy.

I made the fire bubble like that so it doesn't effect the caster, are you sure you want it to target fire?

Thanks for your nice comment.

Well, I edited it after I noticed what I had said (before reading your reply). But, if you read the edit you'll see me say that I doubt KI would make a bubble that wouldn't backfire.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
kamarynjelise wrote:

Well, I edited it after I noticed what I had said (before reading your reply). But, if you read the edit you'll see me say that I doubt KI would make a bubble that wouldn't backfire.

The only bubbles that backfire are sanctuary and doom-and-gloom. The only way the other bubbles backfire is that they may help someone on the other side of the circle as you (thats the same school), this bubble does that as well.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Very nice ideas, though, can you explain to me what the Kindle spell does? is it a trap, or does it add another round to the DoT? If its the second, not sure if I would ever use it...

Asphyxiate- When I think of random dispel I think of balance....anyone else?

I am in love with myth's new legion of minions, though, I can already hear the cries coming from the arena...

The only other thing I had a problem with, is really the names... I dont think many kids know what most of these names are....

Anyway, great spells.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
Very nice ideas, though, can you explain to me what the Kindle spell does? is it a trap, or does it add another round to the DoT? If its the second, not sure if I would ever use it...

Asphyxiate- When I think of random dispel I think of balance....anyone else?

I am in love with myth's new legion of minions, though, I can already hear the cries coming from the arena...

The only other thing I had a problem with, is really the names... I dont think many kids know what most of these names are....

Anyway, great spells.

Kindle increases a DoT by one round. I.e. 300 damage over three rounds would become 400 damage over 4 rounds.

Fire is hard to come up with ideas as they have everything they need, so I gave them filler spells.

I would rather have confusing names than cheesy names, plus, what kid knows what immolate means?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Update:

Myths minions were given a health upgrade to survive 4 pip AoE's.

Ice was given a spell that boosts their resist so they can survive all the extra damage they will be taking.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Update:

Tsunami was changed to a storm judgement (rather than a OP tempest with a backfire.)

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:

Ember (Fire)

Level 65: Smog, 3 pips, bubble, Text: -10% accuracy to all non-fire schools and prevent accuracy modifiers from taking effect (includes accuracy from gear and pet.)

Frost (Ice)

Level 45: Safeguard, 0 pips, aura, Text: +20% resist, +20% block, and +20% stun block.

Tempest (Storm)

Level 52: Tsunami, X pips, Text: 125 storm damage per pip.

Chaos (Myth)

Level 45: Dryad Minion, 5 pips, minion, Text: Summon one minion of life.
Health: 900

Level 56: Snowman Minion, 6 pips, minion, Text: Summon 1 minion of Ice.
Health: 1400

Level 62: Judgment Minion, 6 pips, minion, Text: Summon 1 minion of Balance.
Health: 1110

Earth (Life)

Spirit (Death)

-Created by DeathShard.

Equilibrium (Balance)

-Created by Solid Snake.

-FireArrow

This would be a real game changer. This can do one of two things

1) Even out the game and get rid of the unfairness people always complain about because it does a little of what all the schools want. And "even" them out.

or

2) Will cause people to complain more because they did not receive what they wanted from the package. Or will cause more problems because people want more and more to only benefit their school and not the game.

*side note*

This game is *free* but if you add more things to it data goes up for KI and other problems result. This could cause prices to rise.

I like the ideas allot though.

Blake NightWraith

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
why not learn how to empower your selves to increase the spells you have now?

i see no reason to do other wise.
i kill big NPCs with meteor and scald in a few rounds
talking small damage myself.

as wizards you are not learning to your full potential.

so my idea is the professor make a boof listing al the spell for you to read and learn and make then cost a few crowns like 50,000 or maybe 500,000 gold.

the cards instruct you them selves you just gotta think about it

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
hobi wrote:
why not learn how to empower your selves to increase the spells you have now?

i see no reason to do other wise.
i kill big NPCs with meteor and scald in a few rounds
talking small damage myself.

as wizards you are not learning to your full potential.

so my idea is the professor make a boof listing al the spell for you to read and learn and make then cost a few crowns like 50,000 or maybe 500,000 gold.

the cards instruct you them selves you just gotta think about it

That wouldn't help the grind in the game as upgrading the damage isn't very exciting.

fx41001 wrote:
This would be a real game changer. This can do one of two things

1) Even out the game and get rid of the unfairness people always complain about because it does a little of what all the schools want. And "even" them out.

or

2) Will cause people to complain more because they did not receive what they wanted from the package. Or will cause more problems because people want more and more to only benefit their school and not the game.

*side note*

This game is *free* but if you add more things to it data goes up for KI and other problems result. This could cause prices to rise.

I like the ideas allot though.

Blake NightWraith

I didn't see the prices rise with zafaria (though henchman did get a huge raise.) I don't see why this update would be any different.

There will always be complainers, the question is whether they are right or not, not whether they are there or not.