Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

life spell for lvl 68

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
ok I love the idea of the new spell BUT i truely feel the spells pips are much to high 9 pips it alot and hardly worth the time it takes to get the hit off. I feel if you are gonna havethis spell at least make it a multy hit or lower the pips make it do something more special then it does im sorry its a fail probably will not use it again sorry

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
lothandra wrote:
ok I love the idea of the new spell BUT i truely feel the spells pips are much to high 9 pips it alot and hardly worth the time it takes to get the hit off. I feel if you are gonna have this spell at least make it a multy hit or lower the pips make it do something more special then it does im sorry its a fail probably will not use it again sorry

I see me never letting Forest Lord out of my deck, not going for stacking gnomes and finishing the game in my level 58 gear - ugh.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Delver
Jul 09, 2009
lothandra wrote:
ok I love the idea of the new spell BUT i truely feel the spells pips are much to high 9 pips it alot and hardly worth the time it takes to get the hit off. I feel if you are gonna havethis spell at least make it a multy hit or lower the pips make it do something more special then it does im sorry its a fail probably will not use it again sorry

The cost for spells get higher and higher. If they upgrade the spell in anyway PvPers are going to go berserk and the spell is going to get downgraded. Thats why its so hard for Kingsisle to come up with new spells.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Historian
May 01, 2010
Has anyone noticed theres a problem with the Gnomes! dispel? You can actually "stack" it with a regular dispel (as in, with a simple spritely trigger, 2/3 of the dispels are taken)

Anyway, you might want to farm the Waterworks for gold and/or empowers, the gold for buying empowers. They help a lot in healing, and if you have 5/6 pips, empower and then you are able to Gnomes! (eh most of the time)...

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Oh the gnome grows on a Theurgist. Mine, Clayton, did almost 7000 damage with only two life blades and a balance blade. The two dispels he gives are extremely useful against high health MOBS and bosses who use life damage spells and heals.

Clayton the Gnome saved me several times at the beginning of Drum Jungle.

I'm gonna keep him in my deck!

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
My deck generally consists of 3 colossal, 2 Forest Lord, and 1 Gnomes as far as damage goes... I don't PvP, which is where Gnomes is the best use of the pips. I think the easiest way around this pip issue is to bring back Simplify and Elucidate as Trained Spells, thus allowing you to make 7 pip Gnomes.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
lothandra wrote:
just get a high power pip percentage then it will be easier

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
I agree with you all. The pip chance is way too high and to make up for that it should at least do more damage or be an all-to-enemy spell. I still use it, but for PvP only.

Sophia Lifeblade
Transcended Theurgist
Grandmaster Sorceror
Magus Diviner

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I think it's okay the way it is. My wizard's even getting it in 2 levels :D.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
Dont even worry about playing wizard 101 if you going to give dislikes the spells are getting better and so you going to stay with efreet and thosee 9 pips give us a chance to blade up dummy kingsisle is easy to figure out spells I could say new balance spell zebra. New spell fire flawing dragon.new spell death candy man.New spell life tigers!new spell banlan cenanator combination hit life, death, myth. myth new spell alligator.ice new spell frosty. Now! What you gotta say punk

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
lothandra wrote:

It kinda depends on how high your percentage is for casting a power pip for the school Life. It doesn't really matter to me how high the pips cost, because I usually get a lot of power pips.

Explorer
Nov 10, 2009
My gnome, bob, (i love that name xD) is great :D i use a mixture of gear, giving me a lot of damage, so with a critical and a blade, i was able to do 9658 damage ;D! (and colossal) the pip chance is decent it gives me time to find sun spells, astral spells, and blades. he saves my life in harder boss battles, and when i had 173 life against the last starfall spider in mirror lake, bob did 17,943 damage with critical, colossal, 2 life blades, and berserk!

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I love Gnomes everywhere! In mob and boss fights he can really cause some damage. Mine (haven't named him yet) helped me destroy a Myth Warlord today in ranked by taking away his healing long enough for me to take him out with Sereph, so ya Gnomes are awesome!!!

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
gnomes! not worth the pips it take to cast it only thing is dispels but really have no help if your opponent isnt' life

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
I am life level 70 and dont even have the new spell, where do you get it?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
kwangie64 wrote:

From Moolinda Wu at level 68 (after her quest completion). I too noticed that the pop-up from the life teacher didn't occur like all the other schools. I thought maybe I just missed it, but after your post I'm convinced that it is bugged. Any other life wizards notice that?

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
kwangie64 wrote:

Talk to your school's teacher: Moolinda. She'll start you on the quest to get it.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
lothandra wrote:

I agree. I tried to make it useful, but I end up going back to using a mastery amulet and related school's treasure cards (fav so far are Fire and Myth). Gnome takes too long to wait for, and the damage it inflicts is almost embarrassing.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
I have never appreciated Forest Lord as much as I do now, after seeing the gnome in action! :?

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
the gnome spell should at least do 9000 to 5000 but i am a level 42 and i can tell you my friend. my friend has the spell and it did 1800 damage with no traps or blades i was so mad.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
I completely agree with you. Its not fair that every time a new spell comes out SOME are single and SOME are multi. I think that all new spells at this point should be multi, NO MATTER HOW COOL THEY ARE. Especially storm, I dont think it is fair that storm gets AMAZING spells well all other schools get spells that are 400 or 500 damage apart.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Rider9999 wrote:
I completely agree with you. Its not fair that every time a new spell comes out SOME are single and SOME are multi. I think that all new spells at this point should be multi, NO MATTER HOW COOL THEY ARE. Especially storm, I dont think it is fair that storm gets AMAZING spells well all other schools get spells that are 400 or 500 damage apart.

You do realize the difference between Wizard101 and console games is that you are encouraged to group up with others more often. Hence, the reason why only some get multi attacks while others don't. You are suppose to group up to maximize your potential.

Also, you might want to reread the school descriptions. Storm is suppose to be the highest damaging school. Wizards that like to do high damage should choose that school.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
Rihanna12 wrote:
Yes, but imagine when our spells will cast 12 pips!
Imagine when they will be 14.