Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth needs improvement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
Personally I feel that myth has a huge disadvantage; myth has the same stats as fire while doing less damage, myths finial minion Talos is ok for celestia, depending on how you use it but will not be very helpful in Zafaria. Myth has really bad dambage to all enimies when your far. The rank 9 myth spell does the same amount as the fire rank 9 except that rain of fire is to all enimies.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Quit comparing the damage to Fire's dmg. Fire and Storm are SUPPOSED to be the 2 strongest.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
1. Basilisk does 50 more damage than rof, and also stuns
2. Myth is supposed to have a little more health and resistance (I gotta check the ww gear for this one.)
3. Basilisk is the strongest single-hit attack in the game so far
4. Spamming earthquakes can be VERY annoying.
5. If you just wanna compare myth to fire, you have 5% more accuracy on attack spells.
6. Almost every creature in celestia is storm, and the 2 final zafaria bosses are also storm

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
2295 wrote:
Personally I feel that myth has a huge disadvantage; myth has the same stats as fire while doing less damage, myths finial minion Talos is ok for celestia, depending on how you use it but will not be very helpful in Zafaria. Myth has really bad dambage to all enimies when your far. The rank 9 myth spell does the same amount as the fire rank 9 except that rain of fire is to all enimies.

You can't complain.

Every school has its weaknesses and every school has its strong points. I'm an ice wizard. Now, look at Ice vs. Life. Not only does life get to heal, but they also deal close to the same damage and they have 10% more accuracy. If one Life wizard asked me to 1v1 against them, I'd lose. The constant heals would be too much.

Look at Ice and Storm. Storm is so much more powerful, and now they have gear that allows them to hit over 100% accuracy. Say what?

Well, if a Storm Wizard challenged me to 1v1, I would lose, but if four storm wizards challenged one ice wizard and three storm wizards, the ice wizard's side would win. Why? Because Ice wizards are stronger with teammates. They're stronger in bulk. They're a support school while storm is an offense school.

Now, about Myth and Fire; Myth is an incredibly powerful school, especially in PvP. Go in a 4v4 and just constantly use Earthquake. Guess what? You've already won.

Go in 1v1, guess what, you've already won. You know why? You can summon the strongest minions in the game. Use that to your advantage.

Now, I could go on and on about the strengths and weaknesses of other schools, but let's just end it here:

Every school is powerful under certain conditions. Professor Greyrose, Professor Falmea, Professor Drake, and the rest all work to even out the strengths of the school when possible. Do I have complaints about Storm wizards have 100% accuracy? Yes. But, as we can see with the new releases of Gear, Storm may be taking a step down from accuracy and a step up for defense.

Thank you for reading! :D

Here's your reward! (my opinion)

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
kamarynjelise wrote:
Quit comparing the damage to Fire's dmg. Fire and Storm are SUPPOSED to be the 2 strongest.

Actually Storm suppose to be the strongest but Ill say Fire has better damage cards than Storm... How is that?

Historian
May 01, 2010
Daviato wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:

Actually Storm suppose to be the strongest but Ill say Fire has better damage cards than Storm... How is that?

Because fire's attacks are DoTs, they are generally a bit stronger dmg/pip wise than storm. Though, regular attacks like Triton/Helephant, and Meteor/4pip Temp, storm is stronger.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:

Because fire's attacks are DoTs, they are generally a bit stronger dmg/pip wise than storm. Though, regular attacks like Triton/Helephant, and Meteor/4pip Temp, storm is stronger.

So in another words, Fire still has better damage cards than Storm? So much for Storm specialty?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Daviato wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:

So in another words, Fire still has better damage cards than Storm? So much for Storm specialty?

Do you understand how hard it is to use traps with a DoT?

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
Daviato wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:

Do you understand how hard it is to use traps with a DoT?

True, but traps are suppose to be hard to use with dot's because they get rid of the shields anyways

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Daviato wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:

I said the TWO strongest. Clearly storm is stronger.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Alexander5335 wrote:
True, but traps are suppose to be hard to use with dot's because they get rid of the shields anyways

Precisely. DoTs have the disadvantages of difficulty with traps and the fact that you have to live for multiple rounds while they do their damage. For those drawbacks, they are given more power than average for the single hitters. The case that the poster I was replying to was trying to make is that fire spells are more powerful than storm which is in absolutely no way true. Heckhound is arguably the best fire DoT and its 130 damage per pip. The majority of storm spells average more than 130 damage per pip before you even begin to figure the much more significant gear damage boosts that storm receives, let alone factor traps and the speed (in rounds) that can lead to one hit kill damage.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
kamarynjelise wrote:
Daviato wrote:
kamarynjelise wrote:

I said the TWO strongest. Clearly storm is stronger.

In means of attack yes. Overall not even close.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Survivor
May 23, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
Alexander5335 wrote:

Precisely. DoTs have the disadvantages of difficulty with traps and the fact that you have to live for multiple rounds while they do their damage. For those drawbacks, they are given more power than average for the single hitters. The case that the poster I was replying to was trying to make is that fire spells are more powerful than storm which is in absolutely no way true. Heckhound is arguably the best fire DoT and its 130 damage per pip. The majority of storm spells average more than 130 damage per pip before you even begin to figure the much more significant gear damage boosts that storm receives, let alone factor traps and the speed (in rounds) that can lead to one hit kill damage.

I agree That myth needs improvement I am a myth Wizard my self and I am not happy with the new level 68 spell. I would had liked it if t was a one hit spell like medusa because is not very powerful hit. PLEASE wizard101 game operators change the new myth spell to like a 820 single hit please and maybe with a stun because a Lot of people arent enjoying the new myth spell. Thanks for reading and if any wizard101 spell maker employeis read this please take my idea into consideration.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
2295 wrote:

Myth is fine the way it is. However, it must be played in a very strategic fashion. If you're interested in minions, I suggest you search for the thread entitled "care and feeding of minions" here in the forums. There are posts in there regarding setting up your myth for heavy minion use and strategy.