Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Could Not Hire Henchmen!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Monday night I took my Fire wizard to battle Skabrok for the new Power Link spell and of course died. Since it was getting late, I decided to wait and did the battle again Tuesday night. I had enough crowns to hire a couple of level 40 henchmen and tried to for 2 rounds. The henchmen would NOT load at all. I did use my minion and since I had reworked my deck long before I went back, I was able to beat him, but just barely.

My question is, WHY would they not load at all and could not close crowns shop with the "X" in the upper right corner. Just had to let it close on its own.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
Monday night I took my Fire wizard to battle Skabrok for the new Power Link spell and of course died. Since it was getting late, I decided to wait and did the battle again Tuesday night. I had enough crowns to hire a couple of level 40 henchmen and tried to for 2 rounds. The henchmen would NOT load at all. I did use my minion and since I had reworked my deck long before I went back, I was able to beat him, but just barely.

My question is, WHY would they not load at all and could not close crowns shop with the "X" in the upper right corner. Just had to let it close on its own.

This all could depend on your computers speed and processor.... not to mention maybe it could of been the trouble KI was having with the crashing issue's when opening windows in the game... for example .... opening your back pack.... talking to NPCS.... things like that.... opening the crown shop may of goofed up....

Thanks For Reading

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
dragonpower333 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:

This all could depend on your computers speed and processor.... not to mention maybe it could of been the trouble KI was having with the crashing issue's when opening windows in the game... for example .... opening your back pack.... talking to NPCS.... things like that.... opening the crown shop may of goofed up....

Thanks For Reading

Not my computer, but I had not thought about the crash problem. It just would not load the henchmen at all, so I thought it was a little strange. It was the only thing I had trouble with on that night, everything else worked fine.

Thanks for the input.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
That's happening with me too whenever I try to hire henchmen. It's bad if I can't ever hire them because it's going to make an impact on my level.

Caroline Sunbright level 65 life

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:
That's happening with me too whenever I try to hire henchmen. It's bad if I can't ever hire them because it's going to make an impact on my level.

Ok first off when you buy these Henchmen are your Crowns being taken away? then your getting them?

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I noticed all my hechmen are lock. My charater is a level 30 and I had enough crowns. Are they under maintenace?

Administrator
MercMissionary wrote:
I noticed all my hechmen are lock. My charater is a level 30 and I had enough crowns. Are they under maintenace?

You can only hire Henchmen when it is your turn during a currently active duel.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
I think what the young wizards are trying to say is this.

When in battle with a bad guy.
They try to hire a henchman but the crowns page loads to slow.
Therefore by the time you get to chose, your turn is over and
the battle ensues.

I have had this problem since the update, I thought it was just a bug.
But have notice others having the same issue lately.

And no, my system is way fast enough to handle the info transfer
so I know its not me.
It dont really affect me to much seeing I dont use them very often...

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
dragonpower333 wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:

Ok first off when you buy these Henchmen are your Crowns being taken away? then your getting them?

I was saying that I was able to hire them before, but not now because of that issue.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
rudedog01 wrote:
I think what the young wizards are trying to say is this.

When in battle with a bad guy.
They try to hire a henchman but the crowns page loads to slow.
Therefore by the time you get to chose, your turn is over and
the battle ensues.

I have had this problem since the update, I thought it was just a bug.
But have notice others having the same issue lately.

And no, my system is way fast enough to handle the info transfer
so I know its not me.
It dont really affect me to much seeing I dont use them very often...

You are right Rudedog01, I didn't have this problem until after the update. My system is fast enough also and I keep it cleaned and defrag at least once a month sometime twice if I am running more than normal.

Since I haven't been able to hire even level 40 henchmen, about all I have been doing is reagent or pet farming. It is really frustrating to not be able to hire henchmen when fighting spell quests.

Please KI FIX IT!!!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose, does KI have any answers for us as to why the crowns shop is not loading until the battle round is over for us to select? This is really getting very frustrating.

Administrator
We are investigating the issue that a few players experience with a slow loading Crown SHOP, however you can help us out by making sure that
a) smoothing is turned off for the Crown SHOP in your options
b) making sure your graphics card is up to date
c) letting our support team know and providing your DXDIAG so that we can further assess exactly who is experiencing this (it could be related to people with the same video card, for example)

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email to support@wizard101.com

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I too am experencing very slow Crown Shop loading especially when attemping to hire henchmen. I have turned smoothing off and on. Noticed no difference in either position. In your reply you say to turn the smoothing for crown shop off in my options. I only find the one smoothing control and it doesnt mention crown shop. Am I missing an update or a loction for additional options?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
We are investigating the issue that a few players experience with a slow loading Crown SHOP, however you can help us out by making sure that
c) letting our support team know and providing your DXDIAG so that we can further assess exactly who is experiencing this (it could be related to people with the same video card, for example)

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email to support@wizard101.com

Professor Greyrose, I have completely turned of Smoothing quite some time ago.

As for my graphics card (Intel Extreme Graphics 845g), it is as up todate as it can be. Intel no longer supports this card and I am sure there are several other players that may have this same card. The unfortunate problem is that KI does not support Intel Graphics cards (at least not the older ones), so for those of us that do have it, it is only a matter of time before we will not be able to play unless we can afford to replace it and hope that our systems will be able to handle the new card.

The odd part about all of this, is that I did not have any problems with hiring henchmen until Zafaria went live.

Yes, I will send dxdiag to support.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

I sent an email to support on the 16th of Dec. As of date, I still have not received and answer.

Is there any kind of suggestions that may help those of us that are having this problem?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

This issue is still a problem. So FAR we have not seen anything being done about this. The crowns shop is slow to load in general as it take minutes to load even when not in battle.

I filed a report with support on the 16th of Dec. 2011 and the last reply I got was on Dec. 27th, 2011 stating they would need to do a "Game Fix".

I am not the only one having this problem so I really don't want to hear that it is my graphics drivers. Everytime I have filed a report, that has been the answer. The FACT is, I DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM until Zafaria went live. And yes, I did run some of ZF in TEST. So What happened from test to live?

There have been several problems arise that are very slow in getting fixed.
Up through the 19th of this month, I was able to run 2 accounts at the same time. Now I can't even do that. Wizardgraphical Client crashed 4 times in 2 days and I still have not received any answer for that. Crash report was filed.

Many of the errors are Wizard101 errors and not the members computers.

In my opinion, KI needs to fix all of the problems before adding anymore content to the game and complicate the problems even more.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I don't know about the running two clients at one time, but I too have had increased load time on the Crown shop (both out of and in battle). I am still able to get a purchase within the time limit, so it hasn't been a big deal to me, but I did notice the extra 15-20 seconds that eat away.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose, are we going to see any improvement in the Crowns shop loading any time soon. I really don't look forward to trying to get the next spell on my legendary with out some kind of backup.