Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 68 Balance card chimera

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 27, 2010
i personally think that chimera is really bad for nine pips i mean come on 340 per head and when you put a gargatuan it only does 415 it should be more like 680 per head by the looks at the other cards attacking all get and yet doesnt get any extra things as well hydra is 190 alone and thats only 6 pips 3 more pips more for this and it only does that much i feel it needs a serious overview becuase its unfair in pvp once again balance gets the short end of the stick just like the rediculas 5 pips it cost for the tri dispels

please change,lvl 68 balance wizard laura duskwraith

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
it gives 1020 damage, if you critical, 2040 plus damage gear gives, plus traps, bloades, treasure cards, and aura.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I've always thought there were two types of balance spells: spells like hydra and spectral blast for use against balance monsters, and spells like ra and judgement for everything else. Chimera clearly falls into the first of these categories. It is not a spell for normal monsters but for balance bosses.
Also, gargantuan still boosts the spells damage by 225. It is just dividing the boost between the 3 parts of the attack. Other examples of this include hydra, angel, frostbite etc. etc.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
680 per head base damage? that's 2040 total!! are you actually serious? Not even the power house that is storm gets that kind of spell. I am pretty sure even rank 15 spells won't have that kind of damage...

340 per head is 1020 total damage. pretty average for a spell of that rank don't you think? ice, death, life spells do less damage than that. heck myth does more because it's an overtime, otherwise it would have been something around 980. chimera has a damage of roughly 112 per head. pretty good if you compare it to other spells.
I do agree that it should leave an after=effect though. maybe a weakness, would be appropriate.

every dispel cost 2 pips per cast. it seems fair enough that a tri-dispel would cost at least 5. granted, the effectiveness of the spell itself isn't that good. rarely do you ever need all three dispels.

Explorer
Mar 24, 2011
mooski12 wrote:
i personally think that chimera is really bad for nine pips i mean come on 340 per head and when you put a gargatuan it only does 415 it should be more like 680 per head by the looks at the other cards attacking all get and yet doesnt get any extra things as well hydra is 190 alone and thats only 6 pips 3 more pips more for this and it only does that much i feel it needs a serious overview becuase its unfair in pvp once again balance gets the short end of the stick just like the rediculas 5 pips it cost for the tri dispels

ok your missing the point. chimera does over 1000 total which is 5 power pips. did i say OVER because i did. judgement with 5 power pips does 1000 and hydra does about like 560. see the difference? and kats monster only does like 850. its spiritual which is the least common defence in anyone even a cpm's deck. theres the bright side. plus you can boost it and get like 3000 total. i think its 9 pips because its not about how much it is all put together from an all hitter its how many put into one. think. if you do the math a lvl 68 is totally capable of boosting and blading, especially a balance so dont complain
i will post this on other complaining balance people.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
awesomecam030 wrote:
mooski12 wrote:

ok your missing the point. chimera does over 1000 total which is 5 power pips. did i say OVER because i did. judgement with 5 power pips does 1000 and hydra does about like 560. see the difference? and kats monster only does like 850. its spiritual which is the least common defence in anyone even a cpm's deck. theres the bright side. plus you can boost it and get like 3000 total. i think its 9 pips because its not about how much it is all put together from an all hitter its how many put into one. think. if you do the math a lvl 68 is totally capable of boosting and blading, especially a balance so dont complain
i will post this on other complaining balance people.

Yeah, now try your Judgment spell against a Balance boss that resists 80 to 90% of balance spells, Bosses like Luska, and see how much your Judgment spell does.

Then try Hydra for 6 pips, then try Chimera, which boosts on Balance Bosses and tell me it is not powerful enough!

Why do people always see the glass as half empty when it is full?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
mooski12 wrote:

Correction: 310 damage per head. I'm a Balance wizard and I hit insane with my spells. 77% damage boost to balance, and I hit around 600 per head with 1 balanceblade. 930 base damage is stronger then Ra, so I'm on the keep it side.