Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 68 Permanent Mounts

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
This is kind of an oddball idea that my youngest came up with, but it does have some merit as well as general fun factor.

We have enjoyed questing to obtain our level 48 and 58 school pets. And we love getting the hybrids from them. Already there are ideas out there for new pets for level 68 school pets. But what about getting a permanent mount instead of a pet at level 68? Some of us might never give up our brooms, wings, big cats, or dragaons, but imagine having a school specific mount to ride, or just turn loose in your house. Can you see your life wizard riding on a centaur's back? Or what about your myth wizard hanging close on an orthrus? Perhaps your death wizard carried by a vampire bat? Or what about your storm wizard surfing the tempest wave and your balance wizard scuttling about on a scorpion? How about your fire wizard riding that wonderful fire dragon, or your ice wizard on the wholly mammoth?

This might encourage more folks to go ahead and work all the way to the end of the story line. So, just a thought. Let me know if you like it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Actually, I really like this Idea!

After all, when you get high enough level, you should have a mount, that is like a Wizarding Fact... lol

Great ideas too...

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Explorer
May 11, 2010
This is an awesome idea. After all transcended does mean to go beyond the limits or something or to surpass someone or something else. Having mounts would transcend our walking speed and make us look cooler.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Some Ideas for this would be:

Mithraya Wings for fire, these wings are simply awesome!

Tempest Wave for Storm, totally cool to ride the wave!

A Snow Sled made of Ice, would be chilly, but fun!

Life would be cool to ride a Centaur or Seraph Wings!

Death would get either Bat or Black wings!

Myth would be cool to ride an Orthrus or the tail end of Medusa!

Balance could ride either a scorpion or get Judgment wings!

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Thanks all for the comments and encouragement! Hopefully KI will consider these options and "get us all moving."

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Nice idea, Aritako. Here a few of my suggestions:

For ice, how about an ice wyvern mount? I know, already wyvern mounts out there, but this wouldn't be a chinese dragon type wyvern. This would be the Ice Wyvern.

I like the balance idea, scorpion sounds great.

Death, hmm, well, I don't really have a good idea for death xD.

Myth: Orthrus sounds great, but I think that another good idea would be a Basilisk.

Storm: I'm thinking either a Triton that you ride like the seahorse mounts, or a Kraken that crawls on all fours.

Fire: Heckhound, maybe Sunbird that rides like a hawk, but lower.

Life: Centaur sounds terrific!

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
I think that death should look like something Katzenstein created, like the lvl 68 death spell. Maybe it could look like a mechanical carriage that is pulled my a clockwork.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Thanks for some more great ideas for permanent mounts as a reward and incentive to reach level 68.

I agree Bioaknight a death mount was a tough call. We didn't do bat wings or black wings because it would be frustrating to those that spent crowns for those mounts already. And a mount from the Skeletal Dragon was too similar to the Bone Dragon mount which was more or less a crowns mount. Thought about riding on the other side of the scarecrow's crossbar along with the crow, but that seemed cumbersome. The only other idea I've had for something that is already in the game is the black widow spider. That would be creepy enough for death and still easy to ride. The nightmare like the pet would also be pretty cool. Now if they want to make something new, a death unicorn would be great.

Also liked your idea for the Basilisk for Myth as well.

And Darthjt, you are right, the Mithraya wings would be absolutely awesome for fire. They are the most beautiful wings in the game. Don't know how some of the guys would feel about them though since some have complained about the fairy wings.

Also like the snow sled idea for ice too.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, KI did say, that they firmly believe in the crowns vs time aspect of the game.

So, you can either spend the crowns on a mount, or spend a lot of time reaching level 68 and earning a school mount!

I think this would be the perfect addition to the game.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
I agree Love this Idea hopefully at the end of the story line of the game we can get those mount?

For My Storm I would love to ride on a Kraken or Leviathan!

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I like the idea. But ki cant make lvl mounts. Sorry! Also dont really liking of school mounts also. KI wont make mounts of lvl 68 mounts and for schools only. Sorry if I was mean on that! But wonderful idea! =D Also replying to darthjt. What are Mithraya Wings? I have never herd those before.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
The Mithraya wings refers to the wings that the final boss in Celestia (Mithraya) has. They are huge, very intricate and brightly colored. Truely awesome wings. They are not wings that are currently available to players in the game.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
codastar wrote:
I like the idea. But ki cant make lvl mounts. Sorry! Also dont really liking of school mounts also. KI wont make mounts of lvl 68 mounts and for schools only. Sorry if I was mean on that! But wonderful idea! =D Also replying to darthjt. What are Mithraya Wings? I have never herd those before.

First of all, why can KI not make a quest at level 68 to give a school mount? They can make a quest to give a school pet, what is the difference?

KI states specifically, crowns vs time, and to get to level 68, that is a huge amount of time.

We are not asking for super 2 person mounts, just cool school mounts.

Now, as to your question about mithraya wings, have you completed Celestia and fought the final boss in the Trial of Spheres?

Mithraya is the final boss and has wings of fire, that are just awesome and really spectacular to look at. These wings would be so awesome to have as a mount!

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
darthjt wrote:
codastar wrote:

First of all, why can KI not make a quest at level 68 to give a school mount? They can make a quest to give a school pet, what is the difference?

KI states specifically, crowns vs time, and to get to level 68, that is a huge amount of time.

Now, as to your question about mithraya wings, have you completed Celestia and fought the final boss in the Trial of Spheres?

Mithraya is the final boss and has wings of fire, that are just awesome and really spectacular to look at. These wings would be so awesome to have as a mount!

I never compeleted Trail of the Spheres. But cant remember from a youtube video. And the diffrence for school mounts and for lvls is. Low lvls might want it and get mad and then quit wizard101. That is the diffrence I had. And I dont wanna take years to go to lvl 68. It will take me until 2013 to make it there. But yea that stuff.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
This is a great idea! school mounts would be really cool and unique. although we can't breed them for hybrids, (or could we? wink wink) they would still be fun to use also, no wings, thats just not as cool

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I agree there should be a lvl 68 mount for each school, but to get people from being frustrated at not being close to 68 there should also be a lvl 22 mount for each school.
1. Because it would give newer players a goal that is not years away.
2. Because you start needing to get around faster because you have to travel all over the place. (Which can be frustrating.)
3. It would just be cool. 8)

Another thing is I dont like any of the ideas suggested for death so far...
So I thought of my own idea that isn't related to anything in the game yet.
It is your own mount made of shadows. NO NOT ANY OLD SHADOWS WOULD DO... It is made of the deepest and darkest shadows, where light itself is afraid to enter...

(Yes I was bored when I wrote this. )

Armiger
May 10, 2010
codastar wrote:
darthjt wrote:
codastar wrote:

I never compeleted Trail of the Spheres. But cant remember from a youtube video. And the diffrence for school mounts and for lvls is. Low lvls might want it and get mad and then quit wizard101. That is the diffrence I had. And I dont wanna take years to go to lvl 68. It will take me until 2013 to make it there. But yea that stuff.

That is precisely the point! Crowns vs Time. If you spend the crowns, you can have a mount, otherwise you have to spend the time, work your way to a high enough level and earn that mount!

No, it does not take years to get to Transcended, just a couple of months dedicated to actually doing the quests...

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
codastar wrote:
darthjt wrote:
codastar wrote:

Low lvls might also want the pets and get mad; Does that mean KI shouldnt make them?? No. (Yes, i'm aware of hatching). But there are many things low lvls have to wait for. For example, lvl 68 spells. Thus your point isnt valid.

Also, what does having school-specific mounts have to do with you taking "years" to get to lvl 68?? Isn't it gonna take JUST as long WITH or WITHOUT these mounts?? Plz at least try to make sense and come up with a valid point.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
Aritako wrote:
The Mithraya wings refers to the wings that the final boss in Celestia (Mithraya) has. They are huge, very intricate and brightly colored. Truely awesome wings. They are not wings that are currently available to players in the game.

my 2 legends are just starting CL but we had the good fortune to battle this boss and WOW, I totally just loved the entire outfit! Everyone battling agreed how awesome the entire outfit was especially the wings of fire.

To whomever mentioned guys not liking it maybe due to complaints of the fairy wings (which I still think should come in more color options or able to dye to match outfits... I've seen guys at the hatchery begging for hatches with people that have fairies or sprites. Honestly, a guy with a fairy pet...?? funny to me but idk.

All the ideas for mounts are awesome. However, for storm we already do have a shark mount, but kraken or triton would be cool. Dragon mounts though, I think one that more resembles the drake we hatched in DS would be cool. The spider mount is an awesome idea, though I personally would be creeped out by it, my spider pets creep me out lol. I love the idea of a nightmare mount that actually resembles the nightmare pet, the one they put in the packs at halloween did not in any way seem like a nightmare mount. Knights mount maybe, as it looked like a mideval mount a knight or king would ride. Mammoth mount for ice sounds cool. Phoenix mount for fire maybe? We have seraph wings for life, but a centaur mount would be cool or riding the back of our forest lord (when he walks he uses all 4's anyhow lol)
Riding the orthrus... as a myth idk if I would, but it's a cool idea.

Survivor
May 05, 2010
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
TarynHeart wrote:
All the ideas for mounts are awesome. However, for storm we already do have a shark mount, but kraken or triton would be cool. Dragon mounts though, I think one that more resembles the drake we hatched in DS would be cool. The spider mount is an awesome idea, though I personally would be creeped out by it, my spider pets creep me out lol. I love the idea of a nightmare mount that actually resembles the nightmare pet, the one they put in the packs at halloween did not in any way seem like a nightmare mount. Knights mount maybe, as it looked like a mideval mount a knight or king would ride. Mammoth mount for ice sounds cool. Phoenix mount for fire maybe? We have seraph wings for life, but a centaur mount would be cool or riding the back of our forest lord (when he walks he uses all 4's anyhow lol)

Thanks for your comments. I'm kind of with you on the spider mount, but he would be great for a creepy death. Just think of all those death wizards running around with the skull face on a creepy crawley spider!

Everyone has made some great suggestions, but death still seems, umm, in the dark. LOL Any other suggestions for a good school specific death mount out there?

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
Aritako wrote:
TarynHeart wrote:

Thanks for your comments. I'm kind of with you on the spider mount, but he would be great for a creepy death. Just think of all those death wizards running around with the skull face on a creepy crawley spider!

Everyone has made some great suggestions, but death still seems, umm, in the dark. LOL Any other suggestions for a good school specific death mount out there?

I think that death should have a mount called Shadow Wolf. It would be a pure black wolf with red eyes. That way death has a cool mount without it creeping out other people I also think that eventually all schools should get a unique mount e.g. Life having Forest guardian which looks like a Bear with glowing green eyes, a saddle with life symbols on it and armor with the life symbol on the chestplate.