Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Throne Room of Fire HELP!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 09, 2011
I went into the map room and talked to Prof. Winthrop and got the quest to get the serpentine staff. I went to the door with the braziers, but I can't open the door. It says the door will open if they are all lit red, but it doesn't. When I change the color of the light I only have three different colors, blue, yellow, and a pink/red one. What am I missing?

I was in there once with a friend and he was able to open the door. We finished the whole quest and were to meet Prof. Winthrop in the (room?) of the Kings, but he sent me back to the Map room, not on to Krokosphinx.

So now I'm on my own again, trying to get into the Throne room, and the door won't open where I'm supposed to change the colors to red.

Is this a glitch of some sort or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Hannah6336 wrote:
I went into the map room and talked to Prof. Winthrop and got the quest to get the serpentine staff. I went to the door with the braziers, but I can't open the door. It says the door will open if they are all lit red, but it doesn't. When I change the color of the light I only have three different colors, blue, yellow, and a pink/red one. What am I missing?

I was in there once with a friend and he was able to open the door. We finished the whole quest and were to meet Prof. Winthrop in the (room?) of the Kings, but he sent me back to the Map room, not on to Krokosphinx.

So now I'm on my own again, trying to get into the Throne room, and the door won't open where I'm supposed to change the colors to red.

Is this a glitch of some sort or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem in the beginning.

On my computer, "red" actually looks like "orange". So anything relating to fire, for "red" I look for "orange".

The other colors were pretty close -- Ice is blue, and storm is purple (my purple looks kind of faded though).

So when it calls for "red", try "orange". :?

Survivor
Sep 09, 2011
Thanks for your answer, but that does not seem to be my problem. I only have three colors to choose from when I change the braziers colors. If I change them all to the red, the door won't open.

I don't know how to open the door.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Hannah6336 wrote:
Thanks for your answer, but that does not seem to be my problem. I only have three colors to choose from when I change the braziers colors. If I change them all to the red, the door won't open.

I don't know how to open the door.

Oh I'm so sorry, but maybe I didn't explain it correctly.

I only have three colors to choose from also. I have red, white, and purple (for fire, ice, and storm).

But my "red" actually looks like orange.

What do your three colors look like? Maybe what you are picking as "red" isn't actually the red one. Sounds simple, but just for the heck of it, try one of the other colors. It might just work.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2011
Thank you sooo much! I just assumed that my purple was the red and that there must be something else I'm missing. When I switched them all to yellow, it worked. Yeah! Off to Krokosphinx now!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2011
It is so annoying that you have to activate the braziers to get through :x ! Why don't they just give you a key or something, like the one you use to unlock Krokotopia?!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2011
Hannah6336 wrote:
Thank you sooo much! I just assumed that my purple was the red and that there must be something else I'm missing. When I switched them all to yellow, it worked. Yeah! Off to Krokosphinx now!

When you finish Throne Room of Fire, it doesn't necessarily mean that you can go to the Krokosphinx.

Samuel Goldflame

Lv. 20

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Babbage540 wrote:
It is so annoying that you have to activate the braziers to get through :x ! Why don't they just give you a key or something, like the one you use to unlock Krokotopia?!

If you haven't been to the Krokosphinx yet, they do this even more over there. Be sure to always watch for "yellow banners" hanging on the walls, and codes for lighting the braziers in certain orders.

I did the same thing on this set of braziers the first time, and I used "purple" because I thought it looked like the "closest match" to red.

Luckily I was playing with my grandson along too, and when the purple didn't unlock the door, he said "Grandmom, just try a different color."

And that's how I learned that on my computer, my red actually looks like "orange". :-D

Survivor
Dec 07, 2010
I finished the Throne Room of Fire three times now but when Prof. Winthrop says that I'll meet you at the Alter of Kings. He never comes and I still have the starting quest that told me to go into the Throne Room of Fire.
What do I do

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
p1a2p3a4 wrote:
I finished the Throne Room of Fire three times now but when Prof. Winthrop says that I'll meet you at the Alter of Kings. He never comes and I still have the starting quest that told me to go into the Throne Room of Fire.
What do I do

Since the Throne Room of Fire is a dungeon, it sounds like you might be doing something that is "resetting the dungeon". From the Players Guide (the tab at the top of this page), it explains dungeons:

Dungeons:
Dungeons must be completed to get full credit. Logging out, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, going to another dungeon, playing a Mini-game, going to a PvP or Derby match, or going to your home will reset the Dungeon. Leaving any other way gives you 30 minutes to return before the Dungeon resets.

Maybe you did one of those things listed, and it caused the dungeon to reset.

When I get to the end of that dungeon, and he says to meet him in the Altar of Kings, I teleport to The Oasis, and I walk back into the area for the Altar of Kings.

Hope this helps you. :?

Survivor
Dec 07, 2010
Thanks! I found out that what I thought was the starting quest was in fact the finishing quest. To Krokosphinx. :D