Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I weird?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I have a full account of Legends, but my main is Death. *not the weird part LOL* My Death Legend is in Zamunda Outskirts fighting the Longdreamer Shamans... there's the background now the question.. Am I weird for not pulling out my Scarecrow and killing everyone? I'd personally rather share the wealth. But I've been yelled at, cussed at and generally insulted because I didn't pull out my crow. So, again, am I weird or am I just running into the "bad apples"?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
I have a full account of Legends, but my main is Death. *not the weird part LOL* My Death Legend is in Zamunda Outskirts fighting the Longdreamer Shamans... there's the background now the question.. Am I weird for not pulling out my Scarecrow and killing everyone? I'd personally rather share the wealth. But I've been yelled at, cussed at and generally insulted because I didn't pull out my crow. So, again, am I weird or am I just running into the "bad apples"?

Wow man, you're being harassed for not using scarecrow? No there is nothing weird about that especially since scarecrow has low base attack. Since you don't have any powerful attack all spells you definitely do right in focusing on one particular target. Less enemies to fight with full health is better than a full circle with enemies at half health.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
No, you're not weird. If there are multiple spawns of enemies, like 4 in a battle, I wouldn't be that happy if someone wasted thier pips on an attack that only attacks one enemy. So, just pull it out, and ignore the people who yell at you.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Those people shouldn't be telling you how to play this game. Play the game how you want as long as you don't intentionally sabotage other players, which I'm sure you wouldn't do.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
you have run into a bunch of
under educated wizards who
do not know a good thing when it happens to them
just let each on get in a hit then crow the foe.
if they get up set that is an issue
they must learn to deal with and over come.

once you get past Celestia more team work
and super wizards are in need
as the Astral Triangle is coming in to play and
as Professor Ambrose has said "little is known about them"

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
My main is a death, too. Personally, I prefer sd rather than sc, since with my attack boost and a blade, my enemy's pretty much dead. If there's a balance in the group, and he/she has a ton of blades and traps to share with me, that's different. Basically, what I am saying is that everyone has different strategies, and some work better than others in different situations.

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
people have tolled not to use heals in pvp(weird is wanting to live in the game) and i don't like the judgement stredegy because the player has to wait and save up pips(even if it over kill already)

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Thanks for all the replies. Hope to see all of you "good seeds" (LOLOLOL) around the Spiral.

And just a note, I am usually happy to have people in battle with me, but yelling at someone is counterproductive. I've said this before and I'll say it many more times. Don't order people around and ask instead of just jumping in. One simple question can make a HUGE difference.

Ok, enough of my "preaching" have fun, and kill lots of bad guys. :D

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
dragonpfyre219 wrote:

You're not weird. You're not being selfish and wanting all the wealth for yourself
Make the choices you think are right, ignore the people who are rude to you
:)

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
dragonpfyre219 wrote:

Those must be the people that want someone else to do all the fighting for them. It's surprising it's not a rare occurence for you. As a life wizard, I always get the "heal me" statement and only get to attack half the time. I would find it a treat to fight with you, or someone like you that will share the wealth on the kills!
I say, ignore them! :-D

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
You aren't crazy at all, you're just using your spells. Some people are just really bossy these days, so don't worry.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
The problem with casting a spell that hits all enemies, but does not kill them, is that your threat rating increases quite a bit. If you suddenly have the highest threat rating, all of the monsters start attacking you. I don't use scarecrow unless I know I will wipe the board clear.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
no, you are not being weird.

you are dealing with those individuals with the mentality of "I want to finish the fight as fast as possible and if person a (you) uses crow and person b (lets say balance) uses ra at the same time, chances are the fight will be finished and i can move on to the next fight right away.

in the case that you are doing
person a (you) do a SD killing off 1 monster. person b (balance) uses ra and the monsters are almost dead now and everyone has to go threw yet another round of players c and d dont have any area attacks.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion on how to do each of the fights and some individuals would just rather get the fights over and done with so their not sitting there all day doing the same fights over and over again.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
No your not weird. if this happens again, tell them to shut up and if they don't then REPORT THEM.