Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

King of the Jungle Badge

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Ok, I know the game knows if you are a girl or a boy because of the clothes you can purchase if you are a girl or boy wizard. So why can't the "King of the Jungle" badge say "Queen of the Jungle" for girls. You know there are many, many girls that play this game! I killed 250 lions thinking that my badge would say "Queen of the Jungle", but no, it says King. Why?

Champion
May 03, 2011
Administrator
I realize this doesn't address all the concerns, but the "King of the Jungle" badge will soon be changing to "Ruler of the Jungle" for this very reason.

We appreciate your feedback on this matter.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
People are way too sensitive with the PC thing here in this country. People will find any reason to complain....

I don't like being called King when I'm a girl.

I don't like the professors calling me a kid when I'm super old.

I don't like the fact I can't wear a certain color for my clothes.

This is a family game and people of all ages as well as cultures play this. The only thing it really does with the complaining is make Americans look like they're entitled to get what they want.

It seems though that the majority who really don't care won't post though, but the squeaky wheel will get it's way. I put my kids in the corner when they try that stunt then tell them to write an essay. It's NOT always about you (or me) and our wants. There are others who like things the way they are in the game.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
I realize this doesn't address all the concerns, but the "King of the Jungle" badge will soon be changing to "Ruler of the Jungle" for this very reason.

We appreciate your feedback on this matter.

LOL, but I so very much want to be "Queen of the Jungle"!

Queenlybluebean

Champion
May 03, 2011
People are way too sensitive with the PC thing here in this country. People will find any reason to complain....

From the American Heritage Dictionary: "King, n. a male ruler."

This isn't PC. It's just using the language appropriately. Bet there would be plenty of outrage from guys if the badge said "Queen of the Jungle," yes? As there should be. Linguistically, "king" is fine if it's only for males. But if the badge has to stand for both sexes, it should reflect a proper use of the language. This is basic English.

Fortunately, KI has addressed the issue and it's not a problem anymore.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
darthadden wrote:

This is a family game and people of all ages as well as cultures play this. The only thing it really does with the complaining is make Americans look like they're entitled to get what they want.

It seems though that the majority who really don't care won't post though, but the squeaky wheel will get it's way. I put my kids in the corner when they try that stunt then tell them to write an essay. It's NOT always about you (or me) and our wants. There are others who like things the way they are in the game.
i know right! most of us teens including me

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
darthadden wrote:

I never liked the badge anyway, as I have others that I absolutely love, but that's not the point. The point is people pay money for a game they can enjoy. People aren't complaining solely because they don't like something, they're complaining because the things they want are logical and should've been there to begin with.

They're not complaining because of spells they may or may not like, or anything that's "self-seeking". Again, I personally have no issue with any of the above complaints.

Also, who actually likes the fact that boys can't wear pink?? If you don't like pink, don't wear it; if you do like it, you should have the choice. Some girls don't want to be known as a "king", but KI is fixing that. And finally, just saying "wizard" would suffice, over saying "young wizard".

Now, maybe you should sit in the corner and write an essay on how to be more open-minded.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
darthadden wrote:

first of all, you dont know if balnwizard is american or not
second of all, it really isnt fair for girls to be called kings or guys to be called queens
third of all, it isnt just one person's wants
personally, i like king rather than ruler, but if ki had kept it that way, it would have been discrimination by gender

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Seriously? One badge. King of the jungle refers to lions. That is why they have it. Ugh, I want it to stay king of the jungle.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I agree. Before this they had badges that could be for both genders. And it would be nice to have a queen of the jungle badge because I'm a girl in real life, and all of my wizards are girls on the game.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
You are right "Ruler of the Jungle" just doesn't have the same ring to it. So if they can't make both, how about it they just make it "Queen of the Jungle" and then boys can learn not to be too senstive :-)

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Yes, "King of the Jungle" is a name for "male" lions which is interesting as female lions do most of the hunting for the pride and lions don't really live in jungles, they live in the grassy African savanna.

I realize what you are saying though. All I am saying is I would really like to have a "Queen of the Jungle" badge and I think that male wizards should be able to have a "King of the Jungle" badge. My point has always been that I don't understand why we can't have both since the game obviously knows if we are male or female.

Just an laughable side note here, did you know that someone got reported for being a girl and wearing a "King of the Jungle" badge?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Even Lord of the Jungle would be better than Ruler of the Jungle. Just a suggestion. Being that you can't make ones for male & female that is?