Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I counter this?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 08, 2010
I am sick and tired of going to PvP with my level 20 myth and getting Flamezilla'd by level 5 wizards. WARLORDS! And they beat me in 3 turns!

How do I defend against this???

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
hellboy315 wrote:
I am sick and tired of going to PvP with my level 20 myth and getting Flamezilla'd by level 5 wizards. WARLORDS! And they beat me in 3 turns!

Wow man that's pretty bad having to deal with that. If you are a level 20 myth, you should have first trained all the way to tower before anything else. This way you would have grabbed both tower and volcanic shield for defense against fire and storm. You already have pixie so you could hold out in the beginning before training life spells.

As a level 20 myth, SPAM THE TROLL MINION! Do it. Stretch out your opponents resources and keep a troll or puppet on the field. He will constantly trap for you so you can just blade and hit. Or you can double up on traps. Doing this doubling up means that you are thinking multiple turns ahead.

A good example:

I had a talos out on the field. He only lasted 2 rounds(lol) but he stamped a hex trap on my opponent and used a stun to remove stun block.
Guess what happens five turns later. Medusa for another double stun.

It may be trickier at your level, but a myths minion can really set up your opponent for the finishing blow. It's all about seeing what you want a few turns down the road and thinning out your opponent.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
hellboy315 wrote:

Shields are the key to defense ;)

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
hellboy315 wrote:

Far off in the magical world of wizard101 there is this thing called shields and dispels. Seriously, a low level can be killed while passing for pips for a firezilla, and you can easily see if he/she is gonna cast one if they have a firezilla pet. Spam dispels, shields, weaknesses, whatever you have in handy. It's not that hard.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
hellboy315 wrote:

Wow man that's pretty bad having to deal with that. If you are a level 20 myth, you should have first trained all the way to tower before anything else. This way you would have grabbed both tower and volcanic shield for defense against fire and storm. You already have pixie so you could hold out in the beginning before training life spells.

As a level 20 myth, SPAM THE TROLL MINION! Do it. Stretch out your opponents resources and keep a troll or puppet on the field. He will constantly trap for you so you can just blade and hit. Or you can double up on traps. Doing this doubling up means that you are thinking multiple turns ahead.

A good example:

I had a talos out on the field. He only lasted 2 rounds(lol) but he stamped a hex trap on my opponent and used a stun to remove stun block.

It may be trickier at your level, but a myths minion can really set up your opponent for the finishing blow. It's all about seeing what you want a few turns down the road and thinning out your opponent.

Thanks. I actually love the CYCLOPS minion, and I neglected to train Ice first. I got sprite in life and weakness for balance. I think now I have the snow serpent or something in Ice, and I will definitely equip Volcanic Shield when I get it.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
hellboy315 wrote:
CorbinW wrote:
hellboy315 wrote:

A good example:

Thanks. I actually love the CYCLOPS minion, and I neglected to train Ice first. I got sprite in life and weakness for balance. I think now I have the snow serpent or something in Ice, and I will definitely equip Volcanic Shield when I get it.

Oh wow! We get the cyclops that early? I forgot. I zoomed all the way up to legendary again so I wasn't sure when the cyclops was available.

I guess between the troll and cyclops it is a matter of preference. Personally though I use the troll because he has a smaller spell set so he moves a bit faster. The cyclops functions as a balance between support and offense. So sometimes he can be slow and clumsy. But at your level he is definitely a powerful partner. And yes weakness is a great way to go. If you do use your minions a lot, a weakness on your enemy is sometimes better than a shield on yourself or your cyclops because the weakness will directly weaken an incoming attack all spell. But with a shield, one of you guys will be taking the whole hit.