Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

henchmen solution suggestion

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 02, 2011
by now everyone has had a chance to see the massive price increases, a number have expressed their frustration and fury over the prices in the forums, and hopefuly KI is considering a change.

I'm going to suggest the following as a solution.

1. put the old human wizard style henchmen back at the old prices and with the old decks and casting setup.

2. create a set of level 70 human wizard style henchmen that are 70 crowns and that have a deck of cards and casting setup comparable to the other levels of human henchmen

3. leave the higher priced, more powerful henchmen in the crown shop at the current prices

4. create some lower level, more powerful non-human henchmen with higher prices.

That would give 2 sets of henchmen from level 10 to 70 - one set humans with a price of 10 crowns per level, one set non-humans with a price much higher and cards and casting abilities much higher.

That way, people with few crowns can still afford to buy decent help and people with a lot of crowns can afford the heavy hitting henchmen.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
tanda1 wrote:
by now everyone has had a chance to see the massive price increases, a number have expressed their frustration and fury over the prices in the forums, and hopefuly KI is considering a change.

I'm going to suggest the following as a solution.

1. put the old human wizard style henchmen back at the old prices and with the old decks and casting setup.

2. create a set of level 70 human wizard style henchmen that are 70 crowns and that have a deck of cards and casting setup comparable to the other levels of human henchmen

3. leave the higher priced, more powerful henchmen in the crown shop at the current prices

4. create some lower level, more powerful non-human henchmen with higher prices.

That would give 2 sets of henchmen from level 10 to 70 - one set humans with a price of 10 crowns per level, one set non-humans with a price much higher and cards and casting abilities much higher.

That way, people with few crowns can still afford to buy decent help and people with a lot of crowns can afford the heavy hitting henchmen.

One problem... the new henchmen are not that "heavy hitting" (with the exception of the Storm one). There are many complaints that the new ones need some adjustments.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

There is a slight problem with your math here. At 10 crowns per level, you are still going to have 700 crowns for a level 70. For the human henchmen it should be 10 crowns at every 10 levels or 1 crown per level.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:

There is a slight problem with your math here. At 10 crowns per level, you are still going to have 700 crowns for a level 70. For the human henchmen it should be 10 crowns at every 10 levels or 1 crown per level.

He meant 10 crowns for every rank.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Honeybee313 wrote:

One problem... the new henchmen are not that "heavy hitting" (with the exception of the Storm one).

So they would need to be ramped up in their abilities.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Just restore the original henchmen and prices and leave well enough alone.

Even if KI ramps up the new ones, I still WILL NOT hire them with those prices.

Administrator
We are re-assessing the value of the henchmen to ensure they’re appropriately balanced in terms of power and cost. We understand you may be frustrated with this first iteration, but request your patience. As always, the community feedback is heard and given full consideration with this on-going process.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:

Who cares about that math cause i still get it!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
i dont think its fair how a level 70 wizard is 400 crowns and level 60 is 200 crowns like in one boss hard boss battle you have to spend 200 or 400 crowns for a good henchmen. i think the amount of crowns for a henchmen should be equal to the level for example a level 70 wiz should cost 70 crowns
no offence to kingsisle i know you worked very hard on it can you just lower the price thanks

level 60
life

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
I ay ditch all the NEW henchmen altogether (especially the Life Henchmen) and go back to the old ones. The new lvl 50 and 60 henchmen heal themselves about 98% of the time. And if I'm buy a life henchman I want it to heal ME not it's self. I wasted a ton of crowns on life henchmen and was EXTREMELY disappointed with them, even lost battles BECAUSE of them.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
LilFoxGirl wrote:
I ay ditch all the NEW henchmen altogether (especially the Life Henchmen) and go back to the old ones. The new lvl 50 and 60 henchmen heal themselves about 98% of the time. And if I'm buy a life henchman I want it to heal ME not it's self. I wasted a ton of crowns on life henchmen and was EXTREMELY disappointed with them, even lost battles BECAUSE of them.

I agree, dump the new ones and give us back the old ones.