Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Henchmen Now Useless?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I have used henchmen before, and when I did, they were quite useful. This was Pre-Zafaria. I recently hired one today, (level 60 life henchmen) and it was useless! Used to, the henchmen (when they were wizards, not animals. Really, KingsIsle?) would heal you immediately and keep you alive. The one I hired? He healed himself (WITH FULL HEALTH) and cast nothing but absorb shields and life traps. He FINALLY healed me and I barely scraped by. What happened to these? If I'm gonna be paying REAL LIFE MONEY for such a frivolous addition, I feel it needs to at least have some utility.

Defender
May 31, 2011
This is true of the level 50 and 60 henchmen as well. If you look at the response to KI's announcement of the new henchmen you will see you are not the only one complaining.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Just to give KI the benefit of the doubt, i wasted more crowns on a lvl 70 life to test what would happen : He spammed heals on himself and used weak attacks. He never healed me. These henchmen are now worse than the debacle when KI transformed "Wild Bolt" into the now "Useless Bolt".

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
If you will take a look at some of the other subject posts regarding the henchmen, you will notice that Professor Greyrose replied to some of them today. KI is going to take another look as so many players are very unhappy with the current level 50, 60 and 70 henchmen and prices.

My hope is that they will return our old henchmen and prices, and make the new level 70 henchmen in keeping with what we had with the following prices:

lvl 50==50 crowns
lvl 60==60crowns
lvl 70==70 crowns

Most everyone agrees that the original henchmen were a lot more helpful than the new ones.