Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Combat idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I like to battle as much as the next gal, but sometimes, I feel that there is just a tad too much battling, particularly on those nights when I only have 15 or 20 minutes to play after work. Getting from point A to point B in areas like The Colosseum in Krokotopia and Marleybone can become mind numbing at times with the endless battles that we get pulled into. It makes completing quests for us casual gamers a tad bit difficult.

What if we had to press “X” to get into battle mode when we approach the wandering mobs in the streets? But to make it a little challenging, leave in an enemy or two that can still pull you into battle? The mobs that you have to press “X” to enter battle mode will have names flagged as white, letting us know that they are not a threat, and the enemies that will pull you into battle have names flagged as red, to warn you that they are a danger. Don't get me wrong, I love Wizard 101, but I would love to have some control over how often I battle, especially in the areas where there are no sidewalks. Just a thought.... :-)

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If you're getting pulled into endless battles that you don't want to be in, you're doing something wrong. Completing instances generally requires winning a number of battles in one sitting as dictated by the quests, I guess. Non-instanced areas let you log off between battles whenever you like and pick up where you were later.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Getting pulled into battle when you don't have the time is frustrating. I have found if I take a minute and "watch" the monsters patroling the street....they have a set rythm. That allows you to pace yourself..

On some nights recently though the whole thing is lagging and it is almost impossible to get from Point A to Point B...in which changing to a not busy server may help a tad. Also check to make sure no one in your house is downloading 20 episodes of their favorite show! LOL

Practice makes perfect. I am assuming you know that in Marleybone you run right down the middle of the rooftop? My son pointed that out to me after several frustrating nights...

Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
he was the one that pointed that out!?!?!?! i figured it out my second day! althoguh i still didn't do it...