Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Expensive Items Much?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
For my balance wizards Robe i need 122599 gold, and for my Boots, 86945 gold, and finally, for my hat, 107801 gold. That's just a tiny bit high for the first available items! Is this a glitch or is KI for real?

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
I was surprised by that too.You should be able to make ALOT more than that.Hopefully you can, just wait and see :)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Ice32 wrote:
For my balance wizards Robe i need 122599 gold, and for my Boots, 86945 gold, and finally, for my hat, 107801 gold. That's just a tiny bit high for the first available items! Is this a glitch or is KI for real?

didnt ya know that some people are getting there gold maxed out and couldnt do anything else to get rid of it

simple they solved the problem 2 ways
they increased the max amount of gold
and they put crazy amount for the buyable gear

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Hi Ryanbattlebreaker :)
I think it is an ok amount wizard101 though is pricing things out of control. This gear is not suppose to be easy but i hear ya.
Hey I've never seen it yet because of the loading hint hint KI.
But i dont think it was a glitch though it's priced to high for me.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
I agree this better be a glitch because the robe is like 1/2 the amount of gold you can hold and if you do 122599+107801+86945= over the amount of gold you can hold (250000). Also i think the henchmen are waaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced. I mean, I hate to complain, but, 400 crowns for a henchmen? really?

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
I have seen the clothes cost in zafaria i the baobob market, and it was the cost of a crown house if you conver the house cost into gold .
Those things are like sky rocket high and i have seen better crafted items for lower levels like fifty four. If this is the cost for simple clothes in early zafaria, then the next world could be even worse. some people cant get enough money because of housing, pets,mounts,gear, etc. Now with these clothes, I SUGGE

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Everything in Zafaria is way overpriced. Go back and look at the gear and other items you have purchased while traveling through the Spiral. The price markup has gone so far out of control from Celestia to Zafaria. You expect to have price increases as you advance through the spiral, but the gear I saw in test is really no better than the gear in CL and not near as good as the Legendary gear. Certainly not worth the asking price. The same holds true for recipes as well.

And the gold cap still leaves a lot to be desired.

If you ask me, which I know most don't, The marketing system needs a major "MAKE OVER"

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
When i teleported to my friend to see how the new world looks like, i checked if i can buy the robe and then i saw the price. KI needs to lower the prices for zafaria, and it is no better then Celestian gear.

Also the henchman prices need to be changed, sometimes when i find no help i use henchmen to get me through tough bosses.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i do think Zafaria is very much over priced...
from the clothing to the treasure cards..

and the total amount of gold was raised only by 50,000.
just like real life inflation has erased
any cost of living raise you may have gotten.

and the only place to sell anything means a trip back to Wizard City
and down in to Old Towne to the Bazaar.

as i haven't found one here yet.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
How many times must I say capitalism. :x Oh wait this is my second time. Ok. Um, well, to start, the minions and gear have been way updated, and therefore, Kingsisle can charge more. You see, updating a product to be better, in looks and stats, will in turn make people buy more to access that product, clothes, minions, houses, whatever is sold at the crown shop, let alone market area. And plus, the level 60 products are the high cost ones, all others are very cheap. :-o Finally, when you sell all the drops you get, and they have a huge drop rate, you get alot of money. :) Wizard 101 is very free-marketish with all of its buy-sell polices in the bazarr, and has let many wizards have quite a few filled gold coffers. :D Some wizards now are rich! I will now say, why should Zafaria, with all of its gold, drops, areas filled with enemies, and provided you search hard enough, insanely cheap items, be criticized for pricey items? :| Was Dragonspyre much better?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
imcool410 wrote:
How many times must I say capitalism. :x Oh wait this is my second time. Ok. Um, well, to start, the minions and gear have been way updated, and therefore, Kingsisle can charge more. You see, updating a product to be better, in looks and stats, will in turn make people buy more to access that product, clothes, minions, houses, whatever is sold at the crown shop, let alone market area. And plus, the level 60 products are the high cost ones, all others are very cheap. :-o Finally, when you sell all the drops you get, and they have a huge drop rate, you get alot of money. :) Wizard 101 is very free-marketish with all of its buy-sell polices in the bazarr, and has let many wizards have quite a few filled gold coffers. :D Some wizards now are rich! I will now say, why should Zafaria, with all of its gold, drops, areas filled with enemies, and provided you search hard enough, insanely cheap items, be criticized for pricey items? :| Was Dragonspyre much better?

The gear is no better and in some cases, not as good as what we had in Celestia. As to minions (henchmen) if this is what you are referring to, is useless. To you the products may look better, but the stats are substandard to what they should be for the price.

There some cheap items in all the worlds but and if you go to the bazaar, you can usually find it even cheaper. But look at the number of that item that has been sold because wizards did not want them.

Yes, Dragonspyre was better and for that matter, so was Celestia. I can guarantee you did not see these kind of posts when Celestia was release. All the posts were about bugs.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I know right! Those items are really expensive, KI should lower the prices

Champion
May 03, 2011
Finally, when you sell all the drops you get, and they have a huge drop rate, you get alot of money.

I am not finding the drop rate, or the items dropped, to be much better than Celestia/Wintertusk. The rate is about the same as CL, the items comparable in selling price to the stuff we got in WT. I don't see either of my level 61 characters accumulating enough gold to buy this stuff without really saving up. And, the gear isn't that good. I am hoping there is a crafting option--until then, I am wearing the WT crafted gear I got at Level 56.