Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Warlords are extinct!!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 15, 2009
well back for an important update: everything I thought i have learned about strategy combined with luck in this game has went down the drain. I dueled an ice wizard who put one ice blade up, got five pips and hit me with a spell that attacked for five hits until i was dead.

If you havent seen or heard about this pvp game killer (as in killing the game) you will. Its going to change everything, and not for the better.

There is crowns gear being put out with life/fire/myth and other weird combos resist, henchmen that cost four times as much, and now spells that go into the area of being absurdly unfair. Its probably pretty funny to the people casting this spell.

Will it be funny if you are waiting for an endless amount of time because noone wants to duel anymore?

The concepts department needs an overhaul.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Temperest wrote:
well back for an important update: everything I thought i have learned about strategy combined with luck in this game has went down the drain. I dueled an ice wizard who put one ice blade up, got five pips and hit me with a spell that attacked for five hits until i was dead.

If you havent seen or heard about this pvp game killer (as in killing the game) you will. Its going to change everything, and not for the better.

There is crowns gear being put out with life/fire/myth and other weird combos resist, henchmen that cost four times as much, and now spells that go into the area of being absurdly unfair. Its probably pretty funny to the people casting this spell.

Will it be funny if you are waiting for an endless amount of time because noone wants to duel anymore?

The concepts department needs an overhaul.

The game killer spell has been nerfed by KI, it now works as it should.
The crown gear isn't that good, waterworks is still much better and it's free.
Now the Henchmen I did find unfair, this is one that I can agree on.
I don't care how much they can do, the price is not reasonable.

PvP is still a challenge and fun, when that stops, I will leave the game.
So get back into PvP so I can duel you...... :)

Joe..

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
QueenJade124 wrote:
Being a death legendary, I find it's EXTREMELY hard to rank up in pvp. I've looked and looked and LOOKED for a death warlord to help, but I couldn't fine one. If there are any death warlords out there, PLEASE comment! I need your help.
i am a death warlord... i use the myth mastery when i fight its very useful and also 1 of the most used amulets among death wizards try using that or i have also seen some death use the balance mastery not sure how it works for them but they are also warlords so must be good

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Temperest wrote: "well back for an important update: everything I thought i have learned about strategy combined with luck in this game has went down the drain. I dueled an ice wizard who put one ice blade up, got five pips and hit me with a spell that attacked for five hits until i was dead. "

Temperest,,,

I gotta have some fun with you, so don't take this seriously.
You did break the #2 rule of the pvp rules,
1. Take the Mionon off the field, as quickly as possible.
2. Never let the opponent get more than two blades up, without taking them off.......

On a more serious note,,,
Because of that #2 rule, here are my thoughts.
No stratergy or real information really follows, except my feelings on the first few practice battles in PvP with my Death wizard and a basic overveiw of my death.
I had read a few pvp manuals on death, and spent my training points on Life to Satyr. Then went out and got Ice to Tower and the basic run of the mill stuff.
First battle, Balance, and I sat back, bladed up, let him hit me, then I released Dr. Von's Monster (Colossaled and Infallible) and end of game, plus I end with full health, lol. Awesome hit, for around 3800, couldn't believe the red number...... : )
Second battle, Myth, did basically the same thing, but had to use infection a few times for the setup. A bladed, Colossaled Infection does great damage. So far so good, I'm liking death.
Third, a Storm, not a problem, I crushed him like a bug. Needed to change the deck setup, and made a few changes (fewer life spells).
Fourth, another Storm, tougher battle this time, but it was a clean win, and now I'm thinking that Death can do well in ranked.

Fifth Battle, I get an Ice Warlord, which I could tell had played alot.
I quickly found out with their resist and countless blades, traps, tc infallible, and tc's, I had no chance.
I was defeated, in a OHKO, and there was just nothing that I could do.
I did have Earthquake in the side for this, but I had two fizzle almost in a row. Needed a change if I'm ever going to level up fast.

Back to the stork and buy back training points.
1. Death doesn't need Life, has it's own healing and life draw spells. Which I had not used when leveling my death. So I wasn't use to using them, and changing my spells is always painful for me. (I don't like to think too much).
2. Needs to have Earthquake to put an accuracy booster on,, plus wanted deadly Monitor for when going second (liked the spell first time I used it).
3. TC Doom and Gloom work perfectly, don't need many infections this way.
Opens up the deck for other options, like a few more Posion, blades, etc.
(I had an extra Myth amulet from WWorks, so that was no problem.)

So, here is what I got,
Ice to Tower.
Stun Block.
Colossal.
cloak
Infallible.
Weakness.
Spirit Blade.
Balance to Weakness.
Reshuffle.

Base stratergy, pack in 7 heals in deck so I can heal at will.
Also pack in as many Legion shields, dream shields as reasonable for the death shield. (Not to mention they shut down chimera).
Use mostly attack and drain spells, have only one skeleton dragon in deck.
Keep side deck packed with all the basic extra blades, attacks, stun block, infallible, reshuffle, weakness, tower, etc.
Build up and try to do massive damage then Doom and Gloom.
After I have brought them down a bit with Infection and Wraith bladed hits.

Looking for advise, better stratergy with what I have.

Thanks,
Joe.