Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Commons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 01, 2011
Okay professor, can we please do something about the people standing around doing nothing in the commons? it just makes the game lag. now when i walk through there i cant even change direction, or go through without running into a wall. i suggest we start disconnecting people who have been in the commons for 5 minutes. actively talking or not. because thats all they do. talk. Boys saying they need girls and girls being flirty. standing around there all day making other peoples connection bad is NOT playing the game like it should be played.
Thanks,
James BattleHunter

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
ClocKxWurk wrote:
Okay professor, can we please do something about the people standing around doing nothing in the commons? it just makes the game lag. now when i walk through there i cant even change direction, or go through without running into a wall. i suggest we start disconnecting people who have been in the commons for 5 minutes. actively talking or not. because thats all they do. talk. Boys saying they need girls and girls being flirty. standing around there all day making other peoples connection bad is NOT playing the game like it should be played.
Thanks,
James BattleHunter

Change realms.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You can go to a less active server/realm.

You might also dial down some of your graphics settings to a lower level.

Players are already disconnected for being inactive over X minutes.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2011
colagada wrote:

its still overkill. even if they are running around talking they shouldbe cut out

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ClocKxWurk wrote:
colagada wrote:

its still overkill. even if they are running around talking they shouldbe cut out

Sorry, it's not going to happen, and you know why? This is a social online game, and one that encourages multi-player battles. KI disconnects after a set time of no activity. Aside from that, there's very little they can do and still keep players.
Like colagada said, change your graphics settings or don't have the chat bubbles shown. You might also consider, if you can, playing during times when it's less populated.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
ClocKxWurk wrote:
because thats all they do. talk. Boys saying they need girls and girls being flirty. r

yeah, that's what most of them do.

This is supposed to be a kid safe game, but a fairly large percentage of the people just hanging around at recall - the commons in WC - all realms - are using the game for online dating and things their parents wouldn't allow them to do offline.

The people who are here to play the game aren't hanging around on the commons.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
ClocKxWurk wrote:
Thanks,
James BattleHunter

DUDE. The Commons is basically the place where people like to socialize. BTW, there isn't a "correct" way of playing this game. Transcended wizards who have nothing to do like to chat, socialize, and make their time worthwhile. I'm sorry, but you have just wasted my time.

Brianna Wildrider Transcended Pyromancer

P.S. Yeah I'm transcended!!! And I like to go to the commons!!!

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
ClocKxWurk wrote:
colagada wrote:

As Colagada has already stated, there is already a time limit for inactive players. KI is not going to change that to a lesser time limit.

Colagada has also given you steps you can take to reduce the lag in this area. YOU are not the only that goes through the commons and most of us have managed fairly well.

One more thing you might take a look at is running a cleaner the cleans out cached cookies and temporary internet files and doing a disk cleanup and defrag. THIS CAN DO WONDERS for lag.

If you don't like the Chat that is going on there, TURN OFF CHAT BALLOONS. By the way, sometimes, some of those people are friends in real life, but are separated by distance. This game is a good way for them to have a good time and chat. As long as the CHAT is clean, this should not be a problem.

How would you like to be cut out if you had to walk away from your computer long enough to to get something to drink or take care of bodily functions. I don't think you would care for that very much.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
ClocKxWurk wrote:
colagada wrote:

As Colagada has already stated, there is already a time limit for inactive players. KI is not going to change that to a lesser time limit.

Colagada has also given you steps you can take to reduce the lag in this area. YOU are not the only that goes through the commons and most of us have managed fairly well.

One more thing you might take a look at is running a cleaner the cleans out cached cookies and temporary internet files and doing a disk cleanup and defrag. THIS CAN DO WONDERS for lag.

If you don't like the Chat that is going on there, TURN OFF CHAT BALLOONS. By the way, sometimes, some of those people are friends in real life, but are separated by distance. This game is a good way for them to have a good time and chat. As long as the CHAT is clean, this should not be a problem.

How would you like to be cut out if you had to walk away from your computer long enough to to get something to drink or take care of bodily functions. I don't think you would care for that very much.

Ah yes, and we come to the smart people....... I totally agree, goldendragon18!!! This is what my friend Tiffany and I do (XD I mention her a lot cuz we are like sisters). Since she isn't in ANY (and I mean any) of my classes at school we get to talk here on Wizard101, since she doesn't have a phone.
Keep up the good work, KI!!! :D

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
you cant force people to do something they dont want to unless it is a punishment in this game. thats the disadvantage of having real people vs. npc's

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
rushb1494040 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
ClocKxWurk wrote:
colagada wrote:

Ah yes, and we come to the smart people....... I totally agree, goldendragon18!!! This is what my friend Tiffany and I do (XD I mention her a lot cuz we are like sisters). Since she isn't in ANY (and I mean any) of my classes at school we get to talk here on Wizard101, since she doesn't have a phone.
Keep up the good work, KI!!! :D

Yuppers!! :P Anyways, I read what he said, and I would like to state everything Brianna has already said. I second everything goldendragon18 and rushb1494040 has said about this topic.

Tiffany Wildrider Adept Pyromancer