Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which items to wear?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Hello all.

I have been playing now a couple of weeks, and am really enjoying the game. But I'm starting to get a bit confused as to what stats I should really be looking for on an item.

For instance, my balance/life wizard just reached level 30 in Marleybone. I have two hats that received while questing, I'm not sure if they were both loot drops or rewards, however. One hat gives 125 health only. The other gives 8% balance defense, 5% balance damage, and 4% power pip chance, but no health.

My question is, which is better? The 125 health is really nice, but is it worth giving up the balance defense, damage, and power pip chance? The damage and power pip chance are both really nice to have, but I'm not sure if the one school defense is worth the health trade off.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I've searched, but haven't been able to locate any information that could answer my question.

Jonathan Ashstaff - Balance/Life wizard

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Being a rather new game i think the best combinations are still to be found.
Items must be combined with the spells in your deck and adapted to the quest and situation.
I have for example two wands, one fire and one ice. I change depending on enemy. I dont have a death wand because i am a death wizard. Why?
Death wand takes away the attack shields i cast at enemies to early for example.

Most of the time when i am soloing i have clothes that givs me good overall figures. But i also have clothes that are death specific for special fights.

//Richard Darkstone - Necromancer Level 50.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Very good points you have made there. Thanks! I'm not sure if the different school wands will help me, though. I haven't seen a balance specific trap yet. My trap boosts any type of damage that is cast on the enemy, so the wand type wouldn't matter, as it would take away that trap anyway. I usually try to time it right and cast the trap right before a big spell.

Right now, I'm wearing the hat that boosts my balance resist, damage, and pip chance, more for the offensive part than defensive. I'm running with around 1630ish health now, I think, so the extra damage and power pips come in pretty handy.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Never seen a Balanstrap. Dont think they exist. Balance spells are very strong and hard to resist.

//Richard Darkstone - Death/Life/Balance Wizard

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
8)

Yeah, and there's a Drop Robe I've got a few times, Ceremonial Vest. Let's face facts here: It gives +132 to your life total..! What more is there to say? hmm?

And the Drop Staves in both Marleybone and MooShu rock beyond words.

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 35, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")

8)