Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spouse support.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
I got my wife to play Wizard 101 with me. She really enjoys it. She could never get into WoW or UO. We've had good fun working on her quests in order to catch her up to me. It's nice having someone to battle with who not only you can trust, but have easy communication.

Now, if I can just get my sister and her four daughters to play! WIZARD ARMY!

While there are some things I would love to see implemented (*cough end-game cotent cough*), Wizard is a pretty solid game.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
You want the game to end already?! *facepalm* Anyway, that's great. Unfortunately, I have no one play with. I'm a lone wolf.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
UncleGlenny wrote:
While there are some things I would love to see implemented (*cough end-game cotent cough*), Wizard is a pretty solid game.

That's why Wizard101 consistently beats competitors in it's category (family/kid game). FreeRealms and others continue to lag behind in terms of daily web hits, active subscribers and registered accounts.

The game still has a way to go to compete with heavy hitters like WoW, but it is still steadily increasing numbers, while WoW is in decline.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
Right we are a one computer household but plan on upgrading that with the next income tax check. I can wait untill I can play wizard at the sametime with my kids.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
My sister and I play together all the time. It's alot easier to play and coordinate battles when your ally is in the same room. If it weren't for the fact that my mom doesn't like rpgs, I'd probably have her playing with me too.

Iridian Starmender
Grandmaster Sorceress

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
unlike Wizard101 , other games make promises they do not keep.

Wizard 101 says whats its gonna do and they do it well.
the content introduced is what KI says it gonna introduce .
not some fluff to put you on hold.
this is the main reason why so many players stay with the game .

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
This is a family game for our household. (luckily our house has 4 computers) We have four accounts- one for the husband, the mom, the son and the daughter. It's perfect all four of us enjoy playing and we can go thru a dungeon without any silly friends porting in. We all help one another with difficult fights, finding regents, and 3 out of the 4 of us have level 60's.
Please keep up the awesome work Wizard101.
Looking forward to the upcoming world Zafaria.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
I too play solo. I do enjoy playing with others as long as it is the right person. Being *cough* forty something it is difficult to relate to a lot of players. I had a great battle buddy at one time but it fell apart when I had to explain why I couldn't " go out" with him! Aww! I also had one that received a new heart and the he was gone, my heart just hurts about that one.That is why I have always said it would be great to know what age group players are. I just wanna play, not "go out with"! I wish my significant other liked to play!

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
i also am 40 something, and think that its not the age of the player thats the matter, its the maturaty lvl. my nephew plays also and being a mid teen he acts more mature than some of the wizards i met that claim they are older :). as for groups, with my brother and nephew we make a good team, would help if we were all about the same lvl, but as for now, with my brother being the lowest lvl of 50 something we still do good doing my lvl 66+missions, till tomorrow when i should be almost 70 :) lol. but i have to agree its alot easier to work together when everyone is in the same room chatting instead of trying to type fast enough to work a battle round together. i have met a few good players online that work well with others and enjoy them with us, if you know how to work with others, its like mind reading each wizards moves in a battle without having to type a thing. its early morning now and i am still awake, so i hope this makes sense and explains my point well enough:) remember its a game, so Have Fun :)

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
kingurz wrote:
UncleGlenny wrote:

That's why Wizard101 consistently beats competitors in it's category (family/kid game). FreeRealms and others continue to lag behind in terms of daily web hits, active subscribers and registered accounts.

The game still has a way to go to compete with heavy hitters like WoW, but it is still steadily increasing numbers, while WoW is in decline.

I dont feel the same way i feel stuck in a small cage first it takes somwhat long time to get a guy to a high lvl and you buy the upgrade and crowns and all just to have it deleted by some Hacher i guess it was. it takes them foever to get back it seems like they didnt even look into this they told me i gave away my passward and that was not true they said "Your account can not be hacked" well i dont understand i work in the computer feald and know anything online is hackable just look at WoW they have a Great way to deal with it and VERY NICE people working with you and they give you all your hard work on that toon Back for free and maybe a fee here and there but not this game. i was told it was my fault and they dont have to i spen t ALOT of Money on this game and lost it just like that I dont think this game is that famly orented. i mean kids have friends. and the younger kids can talk and can tell passwords. this" its your fault" we wont help needs to stop i switched back to WoW and boy i dont even know why i went to this game im very disapointed i wish there was a way to get it back even for a small fee.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Oh yeah, 4 account, 4 computer household here. We often quest as a family, but each of us has specific pursuits and hobbies in the game.

My DH and I play as a way to get some alone time, too. We call our adventures "wizard dates" and take lots of screen shots for our photo album. LOL, silly aren't we?

An interesting tidbit: My DH doesn't enjoy questing with my Transcended and Legendary wizards. Ahem...He prefers to travel with my same-level myth girl. It's so cute!

Edward Boomcaster + Alexandria Dreamwalker = Wizard date 8)

Happiness is a wizarding family!

Qbb/Iridian/Alexandria