Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks - Dead wizard Flees from battle!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
I have played and completed Waterworks several times. In each instance when a person dies we try to heal. If that cant be done, the person will flee to the commons use a bottle and run all the way back (unless you marked a spot outside the dungeon then you can port to marked spot and run back into the dungeon). Where you would then be able to complete the dungeon with the original crew you started with.
Well last night I started Waterworks with Lauren Fairypetal and Wolf Lifebreaker (both LVL 60 life school). We made it all the way to Sylster, where I get defeated. At this point I have 3 elixer bottles to use. My two cohorts haven't got pips so I Flee the battle use a bottle, run all the way back to Waterworks step on the pad enter the dungeon and am faced with a reset dungeon.
When asked, support tells me this:
Greetings Wizard,

Dungeons are a instanced event. If you leave for any reason the instance will reset on you and you will need to redo the whole thing. Sometimes this doesn't happen but it usually does. My advice is to have all of your elixirs full and have some extra healing on your character so that you can stay alive longer and make sure that your friends do as well. You should only flee has a last resort as you will lose all of your progress!

Regards,
KingsIsle Support

Making me believe that the person writing this letter to me has NEVER played the game.
I was wondering how many people have had this happen to them?
How many times were you able to continue in the waterworks with original group? and How many times has the dungeon reset on you?
For me the dungeon reset on me 1 time in waterworks and 1 time on Helephant tower. On the 3 occasions that I finished waterworks I had to flee at least once and return to finish.
I have completed Waterworks 5 times. I have not been back to Helephant tower yet.
Fallon OgreTamer LVL 60 Sorcerer

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Overall, I have been able to reenter the dungeon successfully, more often than not (of course the wizards that jump on intentionally and unintentionally contribute too). While you can reenter most dungeons after a defeat like that, I believe the intent is to not be defeated in the first place. You are suppose to last the entire dungeon on health potions or group healing alone.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
the letter is wrong. Not sure what the intent behind it is, but KI has said for a very long time now that you could leave, get potions and so on, and have 30 minutes to go back in.

The dungeon even records the fact that you are in it, and holds your place so that no one else can enter.

however

If you change realms

or if you log off

or if someone joins you on the countdown and goes in

The dungeon wipes you out of it's memory and you do have to start over.

perhaps you hit a glitch and the game put you in a different realm when you fled?